Like I said the other day...

BamaGrad03

Ainge is a better QB than JPW. Period.

Cox is a better QB than JPW. Period.

Woodson is a better QB and so is the dude at SC. What about Matt Flynn? Didn't he rip Miami a new one two years ago? Tebow, Stafford, even Brent Schaeffer. Damn, Wilson may not be in the top 10 in the SEC. They were 6-7 last year with him at the helm. Why on earth would he be considered to be better than any of the above?

Oh yea, my bad. There were 92,000 at the spring scrimmage. I forgot. John Parker Wilson is clearly the #1 QB in the SEC.

Based on what? Cox is better because you are an Auburn fan? "The Dude at SC" is better even though he couldn't keep his starting job? What ABOUT Matt Flynn? He's started 2 games in his career. Tebow? He's thrown about 3 forward passes. Brent Schaeffer? Yeah, he ranked LAST in the SEC in passing last year. He had more INTs (10) than he did TDs (9), he ranked LAST in completion percentage (47), and LAST in efficiency.

And the wins argument is so freaking lame. And I'm tired of it. Ken Dorsey won more games than Tom Brady in college. Was he a better QB? Gino Torretta won more games than Jason Campbell, was he a better QB?

Prechae Rodriguez won against Alabama last year, is he a better WR than DJ Hall?

Not to rain on your party, but Tebow threw 5 TD's last year. He also had about 12% of Florida's passing yards. You're just hating on him because he made you guys look pathetic again by stringing you along.

Oh, and the wins argument is lame. It's only in-state rivalry wins that really matter.

Prechae kicked DJ Hall's butt in their last game....

JPW could throw for 4,000 yards and 50 touchdowns, you'd still say he sucked. So forgive me if I take your comments with a big ol' grain of salt.

Of course, Bamagrad, he's a bammer. The bare minumum statline for being considered above average is 5000 yards and 55 TDs with that weak OOC schedule ya'll played last year. :big:

Hawaii would have kicked the crap out of Wazzu and Oklahoma State beat Nebraska by 2 TDs.

As for JPW, I don't see how you can pick Cox over him with a straight face. He's way too immobile and extremely inconsistent. He's Croyle without the arm strength.

And yet we were 11-2 with a beat up Cox at the helm last year...only ONE top flight WR and a hobbled running back. PUH-LEEEEEEEEZE.... B)

:au::homer:

And? That wasn't the argument. He made an unbased crack about our OOC schedule and I set the record straight.

Your " :au::homer: " tags have never been more appropriate.

JPW could throw for 4,000 yards and 50 touchdowns, you'd still say he sucked. So forgive me if I take your comments with a big ol' grain of salt.

Of course, Bamagrad, he's a bammer. The bare minumum statline for being considered above average is 5000 yards and 55 TDs with that weak OOC schedule ya'll played last year. :big:

Hawaii would have kicked the crap out of Wazzu and Oklahoma State beat Nebraska by 2 TDs.

As for JPW, I don't see how you can pick Cox over him with a straight face. He's way too immobile and extremely inconsistent. He's Croyle without the arm strength.

And yet we were 11-2 with a beat up Cox at the helm last year...only ONE top flight WR and a hobbled running back. PUH-LEEEEEEEEZE.... B)

:au::homer:

And? That wasn't the argument. He made an unbased crack about our OOC schedule and I set the record straight.

Your " :au::homer: " tags have never been more appropriate.

And what basis did you have for saying that Hawaii would beat the crap out of Washington State? They had two common opponents, Oregon State and Idablow. Both teams destroyed Idaho, so who cares. However, WSU beat the Beavers in Corvallis by 7 (13-6) and Hawaii lost to OSU at home by 3 (35-32). So right there I have more reason to believe that WSU would have beaten Hawaii than your assertion that Hawaii would beat the "crap out of WSU".

The only reason Bama fans cling to Hawaii is b/c that's the only team with a pulse that they beat all last year (only b/c it was the first game, swap the Duke and Hawaii games and UH wins by 2 TDs). Everybody knows that OOC schedule sucked for Bama in 06, and there are plenty of statistical rankings to back that up.

Not to rain on your party, but Tebow threw 5 TD's last year. He also had about 12% of Florida's passing yards. You're just hating on him because he made you guys look pathetic again by stringing you along.

Oh, and the wins argument is lame. It's only in-state rivalry wins that really matter.

I like Tebow. I think he's a good kid. But Tebow didn't do anything last year to lead ANYONE to rightfully rank him ahead of JPW. That's not saying he isnt a better QB than JPW. But at this point, he's unproven.

And are you really going to say, with a straight face, that Prechae is a better WR than DJ Hall?

And since we are using the wins argument, why doesn't anyone want to touch my Ken Dorsey vs Tom Brady comparison?

Jay Barker was 35-2-1 as a starting QB. Does that mean he's one of the top 5 college QBs of all time?

I like Tebow. I think he's a good kid. But Tebow didn't do anything last year to lead ANYONE to rightfully rank him ahead of JPW. That's not saying he isnt a better QB than JPW. But at this point, he's unproven.

And are you really going to say, with a straight face, that Prechae is a better WR than DJ Hall?

And since we are using the wins argument, why doesn't anyone want to touch my Ken Dorsey vs Tom Brady comparison?

Jay Barker was 35-2-1 as a starting QB. Does that mean he's one of the top 5 college QBs of all time?

Oh yeah, I'm saying it: Prechae is the greatest receiver of all time.

The Dorsey v. Brady thing is pointless....try to stay on topic here....world class Bama QB's. Bama is "back" once again. At least they think they are, but Saban still hasn't signed a contract. He won't, either. He wants the freedom to be able to drive his dumptruck full of Mullet Dollars out of T-Town at a moment's notice!

The Dorsey v. Brady thing is pointless....try to stay on topic here....world class Bama QB's. Bama is "back" once again. At least they think they are, but Saban still hasn't signed a contract. He won't, either. He wants the freedom to be able to drive his dumptruck full of Mullet Dollars out of T-Town at a moment's notice!

It's not pointless. You guys say that if QB A wins more games than QB B, then QB A is the better QB, regardless of circumstance.

It's not pointless. You guys say that if QB A wins more games than QB B, then QB A is the better QB, regardless of circumstance.

Only when those circumstances are used for excuses. <_<

Who cares about Dorsey v.s. Brady? Dorsey was a better college QB. His stats vouch for that, his win/loss percentage, etc. He wasn't fit for the NFL because he had hit his plateau. Brady was still developing at that time, and it shows now. But Dorsey was better in college, and that's what we talk about on this board for the most part.

BG, I can't believe you're getting this riled up over this. Yes, JPW did well with what he was given last season. He's definitely not the best in the SEC but if you feel like you need to strenuously argue against people claiming he's 10th, then I think you may not have as much confidence in him as you hope.

Only when those circumstances are used for excuses.

Like the whole "Brandon had an off year last year because he was hurt" excuse?

then I think you may not have as much confidence in him as you hope.

I have plenty of confidence. I saw a guy take control of a team when it was his first year to start. I saw someone who was a leader on the field and put a team on his shoulders. I also said that I wouldn't put him first. I said top 3. And I think it's hard to argue contrary to that. Tim Tebow or Brent Schaeffer? Really?

Right now, the only QB I may take over JPW is Stafford. He has the strongest arm in the SEC. I'm not completely sold on him yet. And I think JPW had a better year than him last year. BUT, I'm also willing to concede the fact that Stafford was a freshman. You can have Tebow, who may infact end up being a QB and not just an athlete. You can have Flynn. The guy has 2 career starts. Ainge? Total head case. Runs his mouth too much, and his players can't rally around him. He's put up good numbers in his career...when healthy. But he's looked absolutely abysmal against Alabama.

Brandon Cox? I think he's a good, not great QB. I know you guys think I'm being a homer, but I'm not. He doesn't have amazing arm strength, and he's the least mobile QB in the SEC. I think he's very much like Jay Barker. He knows how to use the tools around him, and Borges knows his limits. Brandon is a guy who will play through injury and his players respect him. For that, I would take him over Ainge. But if you ever get behind, Cox isn't a guy who can dig you out of it. Because he lacks the vertical game needed to come from behind and score quickly. When you are down 14, the wheel route and the dump off to the flats just don't cut it.

You guys may think I'm being an ass with my assesment. It's truly not meant as a dig. I like him. He's a good kid. But I think he's down the list of good/great AU QBs.

I think a post like this one is what Mr. All Important BZ is complaining about. Can you give us the Reader's Digest version? :poke:

Because he (Cox) lacks the vertical game needed to come from behind and score quickly.

Dear BG -

NOW you tell us.

Signed,

UGA, Class of 2005

BC had 279 yards. 62 yards came off of the one play to Devin...that was 35 yards worth of YAC. That's not exactly lighting it up downfield. And that, was one of his very best games of vertical passing. Good thing you didn't have to go back 2 years or anything to find it.

Look, I'm not dogging the guy. I'm not saying he's a bad QB. I AM saying that he's LIVED off of the dump offs and the wheel route for a long time.

In 06, your 3rd leading receiver was your Fullback. Your 3rd WIDE receiver had 31 yards more than your tight end. And Gabe never catches the ball downfield.

Because he (Cox) lacks the vertical game needed to come from behind and score quickly.

Dear BG -

NOW you tell us.

Signed,

UGA, Class of 2005

BC had 279 yards. 62 yards came off of the one play to Devin...that was 35 yards worth of YAC. That's not exactly lighting it up downfield. And that, was one of his very best games of vertical passing. Good thing you didn't have to go back 2 years or anything to find it.

Look, I'm not dogging the guy. I'm not saying he's a bad QB. I AM saying that he's LIVED off of the dump offs and the wheel route for a long time.

In 06, your 3rd leading receiver was your Fullback. Your 3rd WIDE receiver had 31 yards more than your tight end. And Gabe never catches the ball downfield.

For the most part, that's the offense we run. Most of our Qb's LIVE off that.

Dear BG -

NOW you tell us.

Signed,

UGA, Class of 2005

I guess you are one of those that believes you can go to the well too many times. If its so d@mn simple and uncomplicated as you make it sound, then why don't more defenses keep us from doing it? You'd think that Joe Kines with years of experience could come up with a scheme that can use eleven defenders to cover both TE's, a WR, and a FB, but alas, he cannot.

Its the whole principle of a west coast offense. Balanced running and passing and a ball control passing game. Deep passes are dangerous, and are only effective after established and forcing a defense to respect your running game. Personally, i'll take our record with dump offs to TE's and FB's. Our TE's and FB's are our weapons. I don't have a problem using them. For the record, I think you'll see more deep passes with better and faster wide recievers this year. But if we can win without it, more power to us.

I guess its the old adage, don't knock it if you can't beat it.

Peyton Manning made a pretty good career out of that gameplan.

I guess you are one of those that believes you can go to the well too many times. If its so d@mn simple and uncomplicated as you make it sound, then why don't more defenses keep us from doing it? You'd think that Joe Kines with years of experience could come up with a scheme that can use eleven defenders to cover both TE's, a WR, and a FB, but alas, he cannot.

Its the whole principle of a west coast offense. Balanced running and passing and a ball control passing game. Deep passes are dangerous, and are only effective after established and forcing a defense to respect your running game. Personally, i'll take our record with dump offs to TE's and FB's. Our TE's and FB's are our weapons. I don't have a problem using them. For the record, I think you'll see more deep passes with better and faster wide recievers this year. But if we can win without it, more power to us.

I guess its the old adage, don't knock it if you can't beat it.

I'm really not knocking it. The gameplan works when you have a solid running attack. But it doesn't really work when you need to come from behind. And it's not just me. A lot of AU fans have said over the last year that they feel Borges is becoming predictable. And I think that is more attributed to the lack of vertical game from BC instead of him running out of ideas.

Either way, I'm not knocking it/him. Every player on the field has his limitations.

And it's not just me. A lot of AU fans have said over the last year that they feel Borges is becoming predictable. And I think that is more attributed to the lack of vertical game from BC instead of him running out of ideas.

The only fans I heard saying it were ones who did not realize the extent of Brandon's injuries last year. Once the full story concerning his injuries came out it was a different tune I was hearing.

Archived