Like I said the other day...

BamaGrad03

We will score a great deal more points than last year. But we will give up a lot more too.

ESPN (I know ESPN) rated JPW the #7 QB in the country and the #1 QB in the SEC. I'd argue that Woodson, given his stats last year is the best in the league. But still, we've got plenty of weapons on offense...BUT...Rivals ranked our LB corps 11 out of 12 in the SEC. And saying we basically only have one serviceable player in Prince Hall. I don't think they are too far off either.

I really think our offense will be top 3 in the SEC. But I think our defense will constantly play on it's heels, and have to rely on taking big chances to force turnovers...just to end drives.

All of this, to me, leads to a season somewhere in the 8-9 win range max.

We will score a great deal more points than last year. But we will give up a lot more too.

ESPN (I know ESPN) rated JPW the #7 QB in the country and the #1 QB in the SEC. I'd argue that Woodson, given his stats last year is the best in the league. But still, we've got plenty of weapons on offense...BUT...Rivals ranked our LB corps 11 out of 12 in the SEC. And saying we basically only have one serviceable player in Prince Hall. I don't think they are too far off either.

I really think our offense will be top 3 in the SEC. But I think our defense will constantly play on it's heels, and have to rely on taking big chances to force turnovers...just to end drives.

link? i'd like to see what numbers they used to determine this. not saying jpw is a bad qb. some of the balls he threw in red stick were very impressive. he also makes an excellent pained expression when being mauled by quentin groves.

Woodson is a great QB, but he's pretty hit and miss. He doesn't bring consistency into every game like JP does.

Fmnstr, How to find the vid?

- Click on one of the All-Access videos, preferably Alabama.

- On the left side of the video player, you'll see the link "Top 10 College QBs for 2007." That's your ticket.

link

Sarah Jessica Parker would be fetching water and towels for Brandon Cox if he were at Auburn so you'll have to excuse me while I go pee now. (Because if I stayed here, I'd pee my pants laughing at ESPN's stupidity)

Sarah Jessica Parker would be fetching water and towels for Brandon Cox if he were at Auburn so you'll have to excuse me while I go pee now. (Because if I stayed here, I'd pee my pants laughing at ESPN's stupidity)

yep. the same kind of stuff was said in the spring of 04 about broodie. Everybody wanted to ignore campbell. same situation this offseason, cox, coming off what some would say is a really poor year still finished with a better passer rating than jingleheimerschmitparkerposeywoodrow, but yet the guy with all of the good wr's to throw to last season and still comes up with worse numbers is better??

too funny.

Woodson is a better QB than JPW. And that's without a consistent running game or O line (so same situation that Bama had). Looking back at his statistics this past season, he only had one "egg" game and that was against LSU. Then again, the whole team sucked that night getting beat 49-0.

John Parker Wilson really didn't have any games last year that made me go, wow, this guy is amazing, but then again I don't wear Crimson colored glasses. :poke:

JPW is good, but not hardly #7 in the nation.

yep. the same kind of stuff was said in the spring of 04 about broodie. Everybody wanted to ignore campbell. same situation this offseason, cox, coming off what some would say is a really poor year still finished with a better passer rating than jingleheimerschmitparkerposeywoodrow, but yet the guy with all of the good wr's to throw to last season and still comes up with worse numbers is better??

too funny.

Terrible Oline play, poor red zone scheming, and FIRST YEAR STARTER may have a little to do with it.

High passer rating is a little easier to get when you are dumping the ball off to TEs and RBs.

JPW had 3 more touchdowns. Better TD to INT ratio. 500 more passing yards. And only completed 3% fewer passes. Oh and BC was playing in his 3rd season, second as a starter. JPW had seen action in 2 games prior to his first start in 06.

I'm not saying BC sucks. Because he doesn't. But you guys wanting to pee all over anyone who thinks JPW is a good QB makes me sad for you.

too funny.

Terrible Oline play, poor red zone scheming, and FIRST YEAR STARTER may have a little to do with it.

High passer rating is a little easier to get when you are dumping the ball off to TEs and RBs.

JPW had 3 more touchdowns. Better TD to INT ratio. 500 more passing yards. And only completed 3% fewer passes. Oh and BC was playing in his 3rd season, second as a starter. JPW had seen action in 2 games prior to his first start in 06.

I'm not saying BC sucks. Because he doesn't. But you guys wanting to pee all over anyone who thinks JPW is a good QB makes me sad for you.

BC was also hurt the majority of the season. JPW may be ok, but to think he's the #1 qb in the league is laughable.

BC was also hurt the majority of the season. JPW may be ok, but to think he's the #1 qb in the league is laughable.

I don't think he's #1, but definitely top 3. So I don't see how you could say it's "laughable".

You guys wouldn't let us use the excuse that Brodie was playing the 04 season with 2 broken ribs. So you can't say BC was playing hurt all year and excuse his performance. Especially when his season was statistically comparable to his first year.

I don't think he's #1, but definitely top 3. So I don't see how you could say it's "laughable".

You guys wouldn't let us use the excuse that Brodie was playing the 04 season with 2 broke ribs. So you can't say BC was playing hurt all year and excuse his performance. Especially when his season was statistically comparable to his first year.

Top 3? You're kidding right?

Georgia alone has two guys who are better. St. Tebow the I at Florida? Woodson at KY? Cox? Ainge (is he still there?), Flynn?

Sarah Jessica Parker Wilson is not top 3. He's all you have so he has to start and since you had zero running game -- unless you count jitterbugging as rushing -- AND because you were behind in many, many games he had to throw a lot. That doesn't automatically elevate him to top anything status. Next you're going to tell me that Heinig and Schaeffer are 1 and 2 because they played on bad teams, too.

Two broken ribs? *snicker* Excuse #4318.

...based on prior threads, do you think you should be making predictions?....i mean making them is really not your thing... :poke:

Top 3? You're kidding right?

Georgia alone has two guys who are better. St. Tebow the I at Florida? Woodson at KY? Cox? Ainge (is he still there?), Flynn?

Sarah Jessica Parker Wilson is not top 3. He's all you have so he has to start and since you had zero running game -- unless you count jitterbugging as rushing -- AND because you were behind in many, many games he had to throw a lot. That doesn't automatically elevate him to top anything status. Next you're going to tell me that Heinig and Schaeffer are 1 and 2 because they played on bad teams, too.

Two broken ribs? *snicker* Excuse #4318.

JPW could throw for 4,000 yards and 50 touchdowns, you'd still say he sucked. So forgive me if I take your comments with a big ol' grain of salt.

...based on prior threads, do you think you should be making predictions?....i mean making them is really not your thing...

Hope you aren't talking about the weak excuse to call me out threads that Chizad brought up.

JPW could throw for 4,000 yards and 50 touchdowns, you'd still say he sucked. So forgive me if I take your comments with a big ol' grain of salt.

Of course, Bamagrad, he's a bammer. The bare minumum statline for being considered above average is 5000 yards and 55 TDs with that weak OOC schedule ya'll played last year. :big:

Of course, Bamagrad, he's a bammer. The bare minumum statline for being considered above average is 5000 yards and 55 TDs with that weak OOC schedule ya'll played last year. :big:

Hawaii would have kicked the crap out of Wazzu and Oklahoma State beat Nebraska by 2 TDs.

As for JPW, I don't see how you can pick Cox over him with a straight face. He's way too immobile and extremely inconsistent. He's Croyle without the arm strength.

Ainge is a better QB than JPW. Period.

Cox is a better QB than JPW. Period.

Woodson is a better QB and so is the dude at SC. What about Matt Flynn? Didn't he rip Miami a new one two years ago? Tebow, Stafford, even Brent Schaeffer. Damn, Wilson may not be in the top 10 in the SEC. They were 6-7 last year with him at the helm. Why on earth would he be considered to be better than any of the above?

Oh yea, my bad. There were 92,000 at the spring scrimmage. I forgot. John Parker Wilson is clearly the #1 QB in the SEC.

Dear JPW,

Nobody gives a crap what your qb rating, completion percentage, or total yardage is as long as you WIN GAMES and hold on to the ball.

Regards,

Jay Barker

too funny.

Love the typical BG spin....

PASSING AVG/GAME Team Cl G Att Cmp Int Pct. Yds TD Avg/G

------------------------------------------------------------------

5. John P. Wilson...... UA SO 13 379 216 10 57.0 2707 17 208.2

7. Brandon Cox......... AU JR 13 271 163 9 60.1 2198 14 169.1

3 more TD's with 108 more passing attempts. 500 more yards with 108 more passing attempts. stands to reason he would lead in those categories given the difference in passing attempts. convenient for you to leave out that FACT... then again, facts don't sit well with you uaters..

I could live with Cox provided he had John Hannah and Anthony Munoz protecting him. He was eaten up with NFL draftees Duckworth and Grubbs blocking for him.

Serious question: Does Auburn have any blue chip OLs to step in for these two guys? Provided he gets adequate protection and the running game goes as planned, I think he'll be a good QB for you guys. I'm just a fan for more mobile QBs. I'd take a Wilson, Henig, or Woodson over Croyle anyday, despite not having the deep ball in their arsenal. That's nothing against Brodie, there are a lot of guys that fit that mold, with Cox being one of them.

too funny.

Here are the actual stats: Cox/{Wilson}

Attempts: 271/{379}

Completions: 163/{216}

Completion %: 60.1/{57}

Total Yards: 2198/{2707}

Yds per catch: 8.1/{7.1}

TDs: 14/{17}

Ints: 9/{10}

Sacks: 34/{27}

QB Rating: 138.69/{126.51}

So with about 100 more attempts, J Wilson threw a grand total of 3 TDs & 509 yds more than Brandon Cox. Give Cox another 109 more attempts to throw the ball with his current 60.1 completion % and his 8.1 yds per catch, and how many more yards would he have thrown? 109 x 0.601 x 8.1 = 526 yds. ... ...

Hang on to that #7 QB in the country ESPN rating, BG. It should make a real conversation starter in the off-season. B)

Untrue. When Alabama has a quarterback that's deserving -- even halfway -- of the hype, I'll give him the respect he's due.

There are half a dozen or more quarterbacks in the SEC I'd be worried about playing before Sarah Jonathan Seagull showed up on the radar.

Andre Woodson 419-264-7 63.0 Percent 154.55 Eff 3515 yards 31 TDs 270.4 YPG

John Parker Wilson 379-216-10 57.0 Percent 126.51 Eff 2707 yards 17 TDs 208.2 YPG

So JPW had.... +3 pics -6% completion -28.04 eff -808 yards -14 TDs -52.2 YPG

Really not much comparison there. We can put this side of the arguement to rest solely by statistics from last year.

Woodson is a better QB and so is the dude at SC. What about Matt Flynn? Didn't he rip Miami a new one two years ago? Tebow, Stafford, even Brent Schaeffer. Damn, Wilson may not be in the top 10 in the SEC. They were 6-7 last year with him at the helm. Why on earth would he be considered to be better than any of the above?

Oh yea, my bad. There were 92,000 at the spring scrimmage. I forgot. John Parker Wilson is clearly the #1 QB in the SEC.

Based on what? Cox is better because you are an Auburn fan? "The Dude at SC" is better even though he couldn't keep his starting job? What ABOUT Matt Flynn? He's started 2 games in his career. Tebow? He's thrown about 3 forward passes. Brent Schaeffer? Yeah, he ranked LAST in the SEC in passing last year. He had more INTs (10) than he did TDs (9), he ranked LAST in completion percentage (47), and LAST in efficiency.

And the wins argument is so freaking lame. And I'm tired of it. Ken Dorsey won more games than Tom Brady in college. Was he a better QB? Gino Torretta won more games than Jason Campbell, was he a better QB?

Prechae Rodriguez won against Alabama last year, is he a better WR than DJ Hall?

Based on what? Cox is better because you are an Auburn fan? "The Dude at SC" is better even though he couldn't keep his starting job? What ABOUT Matt Flynn? He's started 2 games in his career. Tebow? He's thrown about 3 forward passes. Brent Schaeffer? Yeah, he ranked LAST in the SEC in passing last year. He had more INTs (10) than he did TDs (9), he ranked LAST in completion percentage (47), and LAST in efficiency.

And the wins argument is so freaking lame. And I'm tired of it. Ken Dorsey won more games than Tom Brady in college. Was he a better QB? Gino Torretta won more games than Jason Campbell, was he a better QB?

Prechae Rodriguez won against Alabama last year, is he a better WR than DJ Hall?

Of course you are. Cause its a FACT That doesn't fit your agenda. If our records the last three years were reversed, you'd be honking that record bobo to no end. It's a matter of convenience with you. Wins is part of the puzzle, and knowing what uat's done in that department the last couple of years, I'd be tired of hearing the wins card played too if i was a uater....

too funny.

John Cougar Mellonhead Parker Brothers Brian Wilson Phillips HAD TO THROW!!! You had ZERO running game....

:au::homer:

Hawaii would have kicked the crap out of Wazzu and Oklahoma State beat Nebraska by 2 TDs.

As for JPW, I don't see how you can pick Cox over him with a straight face. He's way too immobile and extremely inconsistent. He's Croyle without the arm strength.

And yet we were 11-2 with a beat up Cox at the helm last year...only ONE top flight WR and a hobbled running back. PUH-LEEEEEEEEZE.... B)

:au::homer:

Archived