SABAN MANIA EXPLAINED

OH WELL

Why are Alabama fans giddy about Saban? #1 He is a damn good coach. The fact that he is a gun for hire and seems to have the personality of an intense rock is irrelevant. Alabama fans want to win and they have shown in the past that how it is done is irrelevant.

#2 What has UA had to be proud of for the last decade and half? UMM, I can't think of much. They do have the "honor" of having the only person sentenced to federal prison for paying a recruit to play football for a particular school. Yea and Logan Young was one of Bear's boys. HMMM, I'm sure the Bear wouldn't allow any shenanigans like that. Can we say tainted 12 national championships? It's really 6 but one might think that those 6 would have to be considered tainted with Mr. Logan Young and his comrades so close to the program while Bear was there. Of course there is no proof. And O J Simpson is playing golf today.

#3 They have been Auburn's bitch for 5 years running. "Please help us Nick."

#4 5 years probation. But that period is over and the salary cap has been lifted. Or did they possibly cut into recruit money to get Saban?

#5 Outside of their own minds they are irrelevant, somewhat of a laughingstock. "Hurry Nick"

#6 I personally like Mike Dubose but when he got caught in the "secretary scandel" UA fans and administration felt he deserved another chance. I'm not sure if his 10 win season made any difference in their decision but when he won 3 games the next year Alabama fans and administrators remembered how important morals are. Another example of UA's desire to win games no matter what.

#7 The UA discipline: When Johnnie Walker Wilson had his little alcohol related issue with the law he dresses out for the next game and Brodie survived the game and we found out after the game that Johnnie Walker was actually suspended for that game. HMMM! That's convenient. When Mr. JUWANNA Simpson had his weed related issue with the law he got a double scoop of Mint Chocalate Chip and played in the next 3 or 4 games and then was suspended when UA played the Helen Keller Mideast Nothwestern Nevada A T & T A &M rough riders. Again, how wins come are irrelevant.

If I were a UA fan especially one of the few that actually has been to Tuscalooser I'd be excited about Nick too and hope and pray nothing bad happens. i.e. He was to leave, recruiting violatons, etc.

I could go on and on but I hope you guys can help explain the "Mania" even further.

Well, I dig the spirit of your post, but you've got the 2nd worst screen name here.

The winner, and still champeen is.........

Defense (clap)(clap).

Why are Alabama fans giddy about Saban? #1 He is a damn good coach. The fact that he is a gun for hire and seems to have the personality of an intense rock is irrelevant. Alabama fans want to win and they have shown in the past that how it is done is irrelevant.

#2 What has UA had to be proud of for the last decade and half? UMM, I can't think of much. They do have the "honor" of having the only person sentenced to federal prison for paying a recruit to play football for a particular school. Yea and Logan Young was one of Bear's boys. HMMM, I'm sure the Bear wouldn't allow any shenanigans like that. Can we say tainted 12 national championships? It's really 6 but one might think that those 6 would have to be considered tainted with Mr. Logan Young and his comrades so close to the program while Bear was there. Of course there is no proof. And O J Simpson is playing golf today.

#3 They have been Auburn's bitch for 5 years running. "Please help us Nick."

#4 5 years probation. But that period is over and the salary cap has been lifted. Or did they possibly cut into recruit money to get Saban?

#5 Outside of their own minds they are irrelevant, somewhat of a laughingstock. "Hurry Nick"

#6 I personally like Mike Dubose but when he got caught in the "secretary scandel" UA fans and administration felt he deserved another chance. I'm not sure if his 10 win season made any difference in their decision but when he won 3 games the next year Alabama fans and administrators remembered how important morals are. Another example of UA's desire to win games no matter what.

#7 The UA discipline: When Johnnie Walker Wilson had his little alcohol related issue with the law he dresses out for the next game and Brodie survived the game and we found out after the game that Johnnie Walker was actually suspended for that game. HMMM! That's convenient. When Mr. JUWANNA Simpson had his weed related issue with the law he got a double scoop of Mint Chocalate Chip and played in the next 3 or 4 games and then was suspended when UA played the Helen Keller Mideast Nothwestern Nevada A T & T A &M rough riders. Again, how wins come are irrelevant.

If I were a UA fan especially one of the few that actually has been to Tuscalooser I'd be excited about Nick too and hope and pray nothing bad happens. i.e. He was to leave, recruiting violatons, etc.

I could go on and on but I hope you guys can help explain the "Mainia" even further.

Did I leave the iron on?

I'm pretty sure this subject has been covered extensively in the Rivals Forum. But to explain it the best way I know:

The Saban mania is based on a last thread, a last string, and last glimmer of hope for the Alabama program. Bama has been reduced, over the past 15 years, to the likes of Ole Miss, Miss St, Arkansas, South Carolina. They crank out a decent year every 3 or 4 years but usually spend the season throwing their hands up wondering where the dominant team of yester-year has gone. They are the little brother of the state; they're arrogance has made them the laughing stock of the SEC; their annual achievements have made them a second rate team; their fanbase has given them reason to be committed to a mental facility. The worst problem for Bama is that this 15 year trend, some think 27 year - since the Bear left but they did win an NC in 92, this 15 year trend is still going downhill. If Alabama doesn't turn the program around, doesn't become a national powerhouse again, it will become a permanent establishment of mediocre football. Nick Saban is their last hope, hence a 20 million dollar contract. Once again, Alabama has used the same mentality they've used since 1980 - find the next Bear Bryant to win football games. Nick Saban was LSU's Bear, which means he must be destined to win at Alabama. The Bama nation is having a lot of fun with Saban because they know that if he wins, the glory days will be restored but they also understand that if he loses, a long dreary road of insignificant football seasons lies ahead.

I'm pretty sure this subject has been covered extensively in the Rivals Forum. But to explain it the best way I know:

The Saban mania is based on a last thread, a last string, and last glimmer of hope for the Alabama program. Bama has been reduced, over the past 15 years, to the likes of Ole Miss, Miss St, Arkansas, South Carolina. They crank out a decent year every 3 or 4 years but usually spend the season throwing their hands up wondering where the dominant team of yester-year has gone. They are the little brother of the state; they're arrogance has made them the laughing stock of the SEC; their annual achievements have made them a second rate team; their fanbase has given them reason to be committed to a mental facility. The worst problem for Bama is that this 15 year trend, some think 27 year - since the Bear left but they did win an NC in 92, this 15 year trend is still going downhill. If Alabama doesn't turn the program around, doesn't become a national powerhouse again, it will become a permanent establishment of mediocre football. Nick Saban is their last hope, hence a 20 million dollar contract. Once again, Alabama has used the same mentality they've used since 1980 - find the next Bear Bryant to win football games. Nick Saban was LSU's Bear, which means he must be destined to win at Alabama. The Bama nation is having a lot of fun with Saban because they know that if he wins, the glory days will be restored but they also understand that if he loses, a long dreary road of insignificant football seasons lies ahead.

Now THAT sums it up pretty well. Good post. :thumbsup:

Considering its well known that the Bear violated the NCAA rules regularly and told them to go stuff it on more than one occassion during his reign, those championships have been tainted for a long time already.

The Bear was a coach of a time long gone that was allowed to do as he pleased in a system that was pretty lax and unable to enforce its own rules. Those days are gone and now you actually have to follow the rules and you can't threaten to pull out of the NCAA and start your own college league because there is too much money involved.

As an auburn fan I find the Bear era tainted and historical. What was and can never be again.

Archived