Type in trentlott.com

drewau02

If you type trentlott.com, you will be directed to moveon.org. Trent Lott has about as much contempt for the conservative movement as those who frequent moveon.org. That's about how bad things are for Republicans these days.

His comments about talk radio 'running America' and how that it's a problem to be dealt with sound hauntingly like the whacko Left.

There are 2 Republicans who should be primaried the next time they are up for reelection. I'm excluding John McCain here because he's a bonafide war hero. Same deal with Chuck Hagel. Both me get a free pass with me. Lindsey Graham and Trent Lott need to go, and fast. Trent Lott should thank Ted Stevens and Robert Byrd for being the "Kings of Pork," thereby taking all the focus away from his spendthrift habits and his ostensible distain for the pork buster conserivatives. His position on immigration is even more disturbing. Now he wants to ban talk radio. Put him in the get the hell out you're screwing up my country and party category. Lindsey Graham follows John McCain around like a servile canine who is trained to follow his masters every command. How juvenile can you be by calling the very people you disagree with bigots, rather than debating the merits of your position, which is equally abominable. I can see Graham getting primaried but not Trent Lott. Lott's position in the Senate is kinda like Ted Kennedy's, untouchable. The people of Mississippi will not vote him out, ever.

Trent Lott is the face of Southern Miss. His home was destroyed by Katrina, and has been instrumental in helping people fight the insurance companies. His remarks at Strom's BDay party cost him his career, but he is still a great man.

Trent Lott is the face of Southern Miss. His home was destroyed by Katrina, and has been instrumental in helping people fight the insurance companies. His remarks at Strom's BDay party cost him his career, but he is still a great man.

Lott may be a great man individually and a decent party whip when it comes to roll call and counting votes. Lott's a lousy politician in the sense that him and his fellow pork barrel Republicans have cost the GOP the majority in both houses. Sure, the last two years of the Bush presidency hasn't helped but at the end of the day, Republicans like Lott and Ted Stevens helped spend America into debt. Lott is constantly attacking pork busting conservatives, as if it's our faul for wanting a balanced budget. He's constantly attacking conservatives who want controlled borders. Now, he's making comments of "doing something" about talk radio, as if it's forbidden for people to share ideas and voice opinions and objections via airwaves in a democracy or republic. Sure, Lott deserves all the kudos in the world for helping his state get back on track after Katrina. However, Republicans like him will ensure the GOP a permanent place in political oblivion for the distant future. It's time for him to go.

Archived