The Sporting News Ranks USF 21st in Preseason Football Poll

JohnDeere

link

The Sporting News Ranks USF 21st in Preseason Football Poll

TAMPA, FLA. (June 4, 2007) -- When The Sporting News College Football Magazine hits newsstands on June 12, it will list the University of South Florida 21st in its preseason Top 25. The Bulls are coming off a 9-4 season and a Papajohns.com Bowl Championship.

USF returns a total of 16 position starters, including eight each on offense and defense. Sophomore quarterback Matt Grothe, who was the Big East Rookie of the Year in 2006, returns with his entire offensive line.

On defense, middle linebacker Ben Moffitt and cornerbacks Trae Williams and Mike Jenkins lead a unit with talent and experience. Moffitt led the team in tackles in 2006 with 112 and Williams tied the school record with seven interceptions. Williams and Jenkins have combined to make 59 career starts.

At lease we won't have to hear the media spin on how our non conference schedule is weak this year. Good lord, I get sick of hearing that pathetic, straw man, weak a*& argument!!

At lease we won't have to hear the media spin on how our non conference schedule is weak this year. Good lord, I get sick of hearing that pathetic, straw man, weak a*& argument!!

Wait until the Tenn Tech week.

I agree Loggerhead, I watched the Wisconsin preview on the ESPN News and they showed their schedule and they are playing the Citadel. Now if Wisconsin goes undefeated and gets left out of the MNC game, I fully expect ESPN to slam them for playing the Citadel.

I agree Loggerhead, I watched the Wisconsin preview on the ESPN News and they showed their schedule and they are playing the Citadel. Now if Wisconsin goes undefeated and gets left out of the MNC game, I fully expect ESPN to slam them for playing the Citadel.

Don't hold your breath...ESPN will be saying they SHOULD win it all BECAUSE of their weak sked...just like they predicted for WVA last year.

:au::homer:

I forgot to put a sarcasm note at the end of my post. ESPN cracks me up sometimes, they tout the SEC for being so tough then they slam it for playing weak OOC teams.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived