Starting DE for Arkansas arrested for LOOOOOOVVVVEEE, MAN

townhallsavoy

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2990967

LITTLE ROCK -- Arkansas defensive end Marcus Harrison is suspended indefinitely after being arrested late Friday night on a felony drug charge and several misdemeanors.

A Fayetteville police report says an officer stopped Harrison, 23, just after 11 p.m. Friday night near his apartment. The officer reported a strong smell of marijuana coming from Harrison's car when he rolled his window down.

The officer asked Harrison to step out of the car. The police report says Harrison consented to a search and told the officer he had "just a pill" in a pocket of his cargo shorts. The officer reported finding a small plastic bag containing one blue Ecstasy pill.

The officer reported finding one partially smoked marijuana cigar under the front seat of the car and another unsmoked cigar. The police report shows both cigars tested positive for marijuana.

The Washington County jail said Harrison was booked just after 3 a.m. The jail listed Harrison as being held on charges of felony possession of a controlled substance, speeding, driving with a restricted driver's license and not wearing a seat belt. The jail also showed Harrison charged with failure to appear to another court date.

A deputy at the jail said Harrison remained in custody Saturday afternoon on $5,290 bail.

Coach Houston Nutt said Saturday that Harrison had violated team rules and would not play in the (No. 20 ESPN/USA Today; No. 21 AP) Razorbacks' season opener against Troy on Sept. 1. Nutt said Harrison could face further disciplinary measures.

"I am deeply disappointed that any student athlete would put himself and his team in the position of losing a senior starter due to off-the-field conduct," Nutt said. "We will await the legal process and review his status in the coming weeks."

Harrison, a senior, tore his anterior cruciate ligament in March during a spring practice. His recovery went well, though, and he was listed atop the depth chart at his position by the team Friday. Senior Chris Wade was listed as Harrison's backup, but his role could change now that Harrison is suspended.

Harrison started five games in 2006.

Now that is some ice cream right there all sorts of charges and the big guy sits out against Troy!!!!!!!!!! what bullsh*t Nutt will be fired at the end of the season if not midway through.

Now that is some ice cream right there all sorts of charges and the big guy sits out against Troy!!!!!!!!!! what bullsh*t Nutt will be fired at the end of the season if not midway through.

i would love it if troy were to jump on them like they did FSU last year and pull the upset.

I had no idea Troy jumped on FSU like that but that would be great, I would hate it for McFadden because I want him to do good but if theres any team I can see being upset by Troy it would be Arky.

Why would you smoke weed in a car? Especially when you have E in your posession?

You're a Bama fan and it's football season?

Why would you smoke weed in a car? Especially when you have E in your posession?

I like his strategy though. Had already burned one blunt with another to burn after he popped the pill. I'm sure if they were to check his room they could find some more swishas.

I don't mind the weed so much as the X pill. That should get him booted just for that, not to mention the failure to appear. I doubt he is kicked off and it would not surprise me if he's ready by the time we make the trip to Tuscaloosa. Nutt has no integrity...why should he hold his players responsible?

I like his strategy though. Had already burned one blunt with another to burn after he popped the pill. I'm sure if they were to check his room they could find some more swishas.

I don't mind the weed so much as the X pill. That should get him booted just for that, not to mention the failure to appear. I doubt he is kicked off and it would not surprise me if he's ready by the time we make the trip to Tuscaloosa. Nutt has no integrity...why should he hold his players responsible?

X is a bigger deal than weed. That's for sure. I think smoking weed in the car, though, shows how little he was thinking.

X is a bigger deal than weed. That's for sure. I think smoking weed in the car, though, shows how little he was thinking.

probably because he was smoking weed. Yeah, I got this stuff figured out.

I think smoking weed in the car, though, shows how little he was thinking.

Especially considering he was speeding around midnight on a restricted license. Not a bright guy at all.

This young man better be thankful he wasn't playing for Auburn he would have been suspended for the entire year no questions asked, weed is not a big deal, Ecstasy is a huge deal thats a felony!

• 2 weeks later...

I doubt he is kicked off and it would not surprise me if he's ready by the time we make the trip to Tuscaloosa. Nutt has no integrity...why should he hold his players responsible?

hmm...I believe I had this one...

Marcus Harrison back at practice, could play against Bama

Archived