The Spot

BustemBigBlue

I know some of you are interested in seeing this so I thought I'd post it. The spot actually looked a lot worse on TV because you could see where the ball was (about a yard short of the yellow line) You can still tell by the pictures he wasn't even close and the refs moved the ball forward. Just a really bad spot at a critical point in the game and the officials need to be called on it.

07lsu01yh4.jpg

07lsu02mc5.jpg

On a side note, how bout stony brook over maine!?!

I know some of you are interested in seeing this so I thought I'd post it. The spot actually looked a lot worse on TV because you could see where the ball was (about a yard short of the yellow line) You can still tell by the pictures he wasn't even close and the refs moved the ball forward. Just a really bad spot at a critical point in the game and the officials need to be called on it.

07lsu01yh4.jpg

07lsu02mc5.jpg

On a side note, how bout stony brook over maine!?!

How about NDSU beating Minnesota!!!

Yes, because we all know the yellow line is 100% accurate. Don't complain to the refs, Tubby should have challenged it.

On a side note, how about Ole Miss, yes Auburn actually has another game to play.

Yes, because we all know the yellow line is 100% accurate. Don't complain to the refs, Tubby should have challenged it.

On a side note, how about Ole Miss, yes Auburn actually has another game to play.

and us talking about this game affects our teams preparation how??

If you look at the chains in the second pic, the yellow line WAS 100% accurate. And again, I have no doubt we would have challenged had it happened on our sideline. Tuberville said after the game he didn't know the spot was that off, he couldn't see from where he was. It's the official in the booths responsability to challenge that.

On a side note, how about Alabama? Isn't that your next opponent? Why are you hanging around on an Auburn message board?

Yes, because we all know the yellow line is 100% accurate.

No need to look at the "yellow line". There are YARD marks on the FIELD. That will do just FINE.

looks like a perfect spot to me. (serious look at both pictures in pic #1 the ball was downed 3' 4" from the point of the #4 on the 40. In pic #2 The Refs have the ball very very close to that 3' 4" from the point on the #4 . we are only talking 3 or 4 inch difference. Not 2' like some of you are suggesting.) If CTT would have challenged this spot he would have lost a time out and thats a fact. CTT has people in the press box watching this kind of stuff and if it were worth a challenge CTT would have been notified.

looks like a perfect spot to me. (serious look at both pictures in pic #1 the ball was downed 3' 4" from the point of the #4 on the 40. In pic #2 The Refs have the ball very very close to that 3' 4" from the point on the #4 . we are only talking 3 or 4 inch difference. Not 2' like some of you are suggesting.) If CTT would have challenged this spot he would have lost a time out and thats a fact. CTT has people in the press box watching this kind of stuff and if it were worth a challenge CTT would have been notified.

Titan said in a previous post that it is illegal for the coaches to have the replay screens. I trust his research....

HAHA! Seriously dude, give me a break. You are the first LSU FAN that I have come across that has even tried to defend this horrible spot. In fact, most of them said they laughed about the spot and said "we'll take it". In the first picture, you see the top of the LSU players HELMET is a good 6 inches short of the yellow line (and he is clearly down). The ball was down around his sternum which is another foot back. A perfect spot would have been about 6 inches past the #4, making the actual spot damn close to two feet off

Have another look. the red arrow in the second picture is where the ball should have been spotted.

07lsu01yh4.jpg

07lsu02copyny9.jpg

looks like a perfect spot to me.

If you're crosseyed.

If CTT would have challenged this spot he would have lost a time out and thats a fact.

Put down the moonshine, Boudreux.

CTT has people in the press box watching this kind of stuff and if it were worth a challenge CTT would have been notified.

As someone noted, it's against NCAA rules to have video screens in the press box or on the sidelines for the coaches to look at. Facts are your friends.

And you're on a Auburn board arguing about it.

Dude. Your team won. They were the best team that night. But don't delude yourself.

perhaps this picture will better illustrate to our lone lsu fan that has trouble with his vision that this was an atrocious spot. Got this from another site and they super imposed the still of the lsu player being down with the officials executing the measurement. This should take care of any idiocy even from lsu fans regarding the spot.

As titan said, Facts are your friends.

07lsuspotlp3.jpg

HE DID not see it...apparently the press box isn't equiped properly.

perhaps this picture will better illustrate to our lone lsu fan that has trouble with his vision that this was an atrocious spot. Got this from another site and they super imposed the still of the lsu player being down with the officials executing the measurement. This should take care of any idiocy even from lsu fans regarding the spot.

07lsuspotlp3.jpg

mno offense but that photoshoppe actually made it closer than it was...the 5 yard gap is smaller!

07lsuspotlp3.jpg

that pic isnt even a good photoshop. try harder

07lsuspotlp3.jpg

No it isn't. It is perfectly super imposed........Buy some glasses.

07lsuspotlp3.jpg

Its not fair how you erased his arm stretching the ball towards the yellow line!lol How did the Ref know EXACTLY where to put the ball? Did he have glasses that could see the yellow line? lol

07lsuspotlp3.jpg

Its not fair how you erased his arm stretching the ball towards the yellow line!lol How did the Ref know EXACTLY where to put the ball? Did he have glasses that could see the yellow line? lol

Refer to the very first picture on the first post. His arm is not stretched. He is down. The ball is in his gut and should be placed where THE BALL is WHEN HE GOES DOWN.

Archived