Ok - Delusional Bama Fans!!

Tigergal

A former co-worker has informed me that he thinks the line on the AL - LSU game will be 5! What say you?

Also, had a co-worker tell me yesterday that "Tuberville will never beat Bama again. . . " And he wasn't saying that Tuberville was leaving either. He also said that the AU - LSU game would have been a completely different ball game if LSU hadn't "gifted" us 10 points!

UGH! Bama fans are killing me this week! I need some :au: wisdom!

Just show em the thumb! That seems to get a rise out of them......Actually it messes up their thinking! They go from living in the past to telling the future in about a half second flat!

Well, hang on. This is the team that California hung 39 on and Florida rang up for 59. Heck, Arkansas State hung 27 on the Volunteers. So while Alabama has a decent offense, it's worth noting that Tennessee has one of the most porous defenses ever in the history of porous defenses.

:au: Yeah, UT is pathetic this year. If you look back at bammers schedule......that's pathetic also. I think FSU is 1-4 in conf. play.....Georgia, who knows about them....UT, enough said. Their 3 toughest games are coming up, and coming quickly. :au:

:au: Yeah, UT is pathetic this year. If you look back at bammers schedule......that's pathetic also. I think FSU is 1-4 in conf. play.....Georgia, who knows about them....UT, enough said. Their 3 toughest games are coming up, and coming quickly. :au:

And I will so much enjoy those three! War Eagle!

This year reminds me so much of 2005. They got pumped up about beating Florida and Tennessee, then reality set in against LSU and set in for Brodie about 11 or so times against Auburn

One Alabama coworker was down right giddy this week, could not stop talking about :bamaspin: It all ended when someone asked him "How's South Alabama's Basketball team looking this year??"

This year reminds me so much of 2005. They got pumped up about beating Florida and Tennessee, then reality set in against LSU and set in for Brodie about 11 or so times against Auburn

Exactly right. This is 2005 for UAT except that they are not as good as they were in 2005. In 2005 they had some defense. Their offense can move the ball but it reminds me of 2nd tier teams. It is almost gimmicky. They run the short pass game and they hope to level the field. It reminds me of what New Mexico State ran this year. And before any UAT fans start screaming that it is the same thing that Florida runs, it is not.

LSU-7 is the early line

and ive siad since saban arrived in t town he will never beat tt he is to far behind look how many freshmen and sophmores we are playing after his 3rd loss to us they will pack his bags for him

him= saban

three toughest games?? am i missing something? bama's got lsu, msu, lamo, and auburn. so you guys taking msu over arkansas, georgia, or ut? bama's gonna go 2-2 down the stretch, and half their fanbase is going to go on suicide watch.

depending on where they go for a bowl, they'll finish 9-4 or 8-5. 8-5 was my call at the start of the year. i'm feeling good about that.

as for what they've done, they beat two teams with better talent. arkansas has better overall talent. so does tenn. the vols' defense is just.... awful. no other word. they actually gave up 45 to cal. three road games for that team: 45, 59, and 41 points given up. and the final roadie is KENTUCKY! seriously they're going a season without holding a single road opponent under 40. i'm hoping for 55 so they can average a nice round 50/game. i will say though, the bama defense played its best half of the year in the second half.

three toughest games?? am i missing something? bama's got lsu, msu, lamo, and auburn. so you guys taking msu over arkansas, georgia, or ut? bama's gonna go 2-2 down the stretch, and half their fanbase is going to go on suicide watch.

depending on where they go for a bowl, they'll finish 9-4 or 8-5. 8-5 was my call at the start of the year. i'm feeling good about that.

as for what they've done, they beat two teams with better talent. arkansas has better overall talent. so does tenn. the vols' defense is just.... awful. no other word. they actually gave up 45 to cal. three road games for that team: 45, 59, and 41 points given up. and the final roadie is KENTUCKY! seriously they're going a season without holding a single road opponent under 40. i'm hoping for 55 so they can average a nice round 50/game. i will say though, the bama defense played its best half of the year in the second half.

I think 8-4, considering the circumstances, is a good season.

I keep hearing how bad Tennessee is from a lot of Aubarn fans, funny because I don't see to many *'s by the :thumbsup: you guys are so proud of

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: * :thumbsup: ** :thumbsup:

*Lowered our SOS and kept us out of the championship game.

**Absolutely demolished an overrated, overranked team

Hows that?

LSU-7 is the early line

and ive siad since saban arrived in t town he will never beat tt he is to far behind look how many freshmen and sophmores we are playing after his 3rd loss to us they will pack his bags for him

him= saban

Are you kidding me? It was -14 for us and only -7 for them against Bama...EASY MONEY!!!

well easy money? remember the line was wrong on us. if they had covered, then this one would be easy money. they adjusted it BECAUSE lsu couldn't cover.

and smokies, no one is asking you to put an asterisk by the win. we're saying to have some perspective. it would be like auburn 2003 saying, "look at that! we beat bama! we should get another crack at usc." ridiculous. but it's somehow okay for bama 2007 to say "we just dominated tennessee! we're gonna win the sec!" logically it's ridiculous.

you want to say, "i think the lsu game will be pure emotion, and i think auburn is susceptible to the passing game. if everything under the sun breaks perfect for us in those games, we could win 'em." i'll disagree, but at least it's got a touch of logic. beating a wretched defensive team does not prepare you to play against the two best defenses in the conference. that win means nothing (just like the florida win in 2005) in evaluating the lsu and auburn games.

bg, i totally agree. 8-4 with this roster would be a solid season. i said the same thing about auburn. we're the youngest team in the conference. 8-4 isn't a disaster (like some folks would have you believe) unless we lose the iron bowl (with better talent).

Well, hang on. This is the team that California hung 39 on and Florida rang up for 59. Heck, Arkansas State hung 27 on the Volunteers. So while Alabama has a decent offense, it's worth noting that Tennessee has one of the most porous defenses ever in the history of porous defenses.

Dead on. I think they are the 80th defense in the country.

Then remind them that we posted 23 on the #2 defense in the country.

There are 2 quick ways to shut-up most bammer fans:

1. Ask them what year they graduated from UAT

2. Ask them to sing their fight song (most of them don't know the words)

That usually works for me

Yes I saw DJ Hall talking about the offense exploding the last two weeks. When reminded that they had exploded against the 11th and 12th place defenses in the SEC he immediately excused himself.

Yes I saw DJ Hall talking about the offense exploding the last two weeks. When reminded that they had exploded against the 11th and 12th place defenses in the SEC he immediately excused himself.

the offense clicking like it did against UT is just the thing a struggling QB needs, and JPW was struggling. see BC playing against NM State if you don't believe me....it really does help. i still don't think we're just world beaters, but i think we're out of the offensive rut we were in. even with UT's defense being porous, you can't tell me you fully expected us to score 41 points. we haven't scored 40+ points on an SEC opponent since the 2004 UK game. you can't tell me you expected us to shut out the SEC's then top rated QB for a whole half either. whether you want to admit it or not, we played a solid game. that was the best we have looked since opening day, and i think that gives some people hope. i think some folks here forget some of the chest pounding after the NM State game.

at this point in time, you can't honestly call us delusional for having some hope of winning the SEC West. now anyone flat out proclaiming we WILL win it, and convincingly, well then i can see your point there. but no matter how much you don't like it, and no matter how much CircleDrill proclaims we will "NEVER be in contention for anything", we are in contention for the West right now....even more so than you guys are. but it all hinges on this weekend. if we win this weekend, i like our chances of at least making an appearance in ATL.....however, i think thats a mighty big IF.

Alabama is gonna beat LSU. Mark it down.

We almost pulled it off. It took a last-second luck play that if they ran that play 100 times, it would not succed 10 times to win that game for them.

We are a better team than Alabama across the board, but LSU won't have that kind of luck in Tuscaloosa. The momentum will be 100% in Alabama's favor. You just wait.

Alabama is gonna beat LSU. Mark it down.

We almost pulled it off. It took a last-second luck play that if they ran that play 100 times, it would not succed 10 times to win that game for them.

We are a better team than Alabama across the board, but LSU won't have that kind of luck in Tuscaloosa. The momentum will be 100% in Alabama's favor. You just wait.

While you're right - LSU won't have the referees in Tuscaloosa, Alabama will. But LSU WILL have the talent, and Les Miles will have his luck. LSU should make mush of Alabama.

Archived