uaTrouble

InDNo

For what it's worth, I've been on the inside when situations like what is currently going on at Alabama were happening. I'll be the first one to say that a lot of what you read on message boards is hyperbole --- some of it extremely hopeful and still more is completely fabricated.

That said, an athletic director and compliance officer for a Division I (or whatever they call 'em now) school don't fly to meet with NCAA officials unless something potentially significant is afoot. It simply doesn't happen.

The trip to Indy constitutes smoke that is clearly indicative of a fire. Now, whether that fire has moved beyond textbooks, who knows? But textbooks aren't necessarily an insignificant matter.

InDNo

I agree, that the textbooks could be significant. Remains to be seen. But I think the flight was an attempt to fast track the 5 suspended players into eligiblity for saturday.

I agree, that the textbooks could be significant. Remains to be seen. But I think the flight was an attempt to fast track the 5 suspended players into eligiblity for saturday.

You may be right. But your own AD flatly denied that.

InDNo

InDNo

Furthermore, uat's really in no position to pressure -- or feel like it can be persuasive with --- the NCAA. If it was Moore's decision to fly to Indy and it was just about Saturday, from my perspective it was a bad one.

InDNo

InDNo

Furthermore, uat's really in no position to pressure -- or feel like it can be persuasive with --- the NCAA. If it was Moore's decision to fly to Indy and it was just about Saturday, from my perspective it was a bad one.

InDNo

Moore said today that the flight had nothing to do with Saturday's game. The only reason I could see UA flying to meet the NCAA is because of our recent past. I would like to think that our compliance staff has made it a top priority to be upfront with the NCAA in all wrong doings.

"The purpose of the trip was to state where we are in the inquiry," Walker said.

That is a statement from the paper today. I'm hoping that we are just trying to be as compliant as we can with the NCAA.

You are correct though. This could very well be a very serious matter.

InDNo

InDNo

Moore said today that the flight had nothing to do with Saturday's game. The only reason I could see UA flying to meet the NCAA is because of our recent past. I would like to think that our compliance staff has made it a top priority to be upfront with the NCAA in all wrong doings.

"The purpose of the trip was to state where we are in the inquiry," Walker said.

That is a statement from the paper today. I'm hoping that we are just trying to be as compliant as we can with the NCAA.

You are correct though. This could very well be a very serious matter.

If you will carefully read the posts previous to yours, I was the one that pointed out that Moore flatly denied that the trip was about Saturday. BG contended that it was about Saturday.

Now, unless uat was asked by the NCAA to come to Indy to update the NCAA on the textbook inquiry, I doubt very much that was the reason for the trip. Why? Well, if I was the NCAA and a school was begging me to come and talk to them about an ongoing investigation, I'd have to wonder why they were so damn intent on coming to see me. But that's just me.

Again, if Moore was the instigator of the trip --- for whatever reason --- I think he made an error in judgement. Don't call attention to yourself or arouse suspicion by showing up on your overseer's doorstep. And I think that holds true whether you think you're guilty or not.

InDNo

WNSP mentioned today that the unconfirmed information they had received was that Moore left the meeting displeased with the NCAA's findings. That doesn't mean that Bama is looking at any probation. It could just mean that they will not be getting the players back again this year. No telling why, but they heard Moore was unhappy. Hard to say what is going on, but doubtless if Moore had liked what he heard he would have had a press conference.

Geez, you barners are one paranoid, Bama-Obsessed group! :moon: The most the players will get is a 4 game suspension. That means, at the latest, they'll be back for the Auburn game. Another conspiracy theory? :roflol:

Geez, you barners are one paranoid, Bama-Obsessed group! :moon: The most the players will get is a 4 game suspension. That means, at the latest, they'll be back for the Auburn game. Another conspiracy theory? :roflol:

That would be a 3-game suspension. You only have 4 games left before Shreveport.

That would be a 3-game suspension. You only have 4 games left before Shreveport.

UT, LSU, MSU, UL-M. Comprende?

Just curious--what in particular would cause you to come up with this particular "4 game suspension" theory? Why precisely four? Is it just wishful thinking on your part, some special insight into the NCAA and the violations, or expectation that Nick & Co. will have them on the field against Auburn come hell, high water, or NCAA?

For myself, I have no idea whether the players will be eligible again in the next ten minutes or the next ten weeks...but don't see why the Iron Bowl is some magical deadline. I doubt very seriously that the NCAA looks at the game schedule before making its rulings. But of course, if the smoke and mirrors are already being put in place in West Vance to make it so... :rolleyes:

Just curious--what in particular would cause you to come up with this particular "4 game suspension" theory? Why precisely four? Is it just wishful thinking on your part, some special insight into the NCAA and the violations, or expectation that Nick & Co. will have them on the field against Auburn come hell, high water, or NCAA?

For myself, I have no idea whether the players will be eligible again in the next ten minutes or the next ten weeks...but don't see why the Iron Bowl is some magical deadline. I doubt very seriously that the NCAA looks at the game schedule before making its rulings. But of course, if the smoke and mirrors are already being put in place in West Vance to make it so... :rolleyes:

TUSCALOOSA -- The five football players implicated in the University of Alabama's ongoing textbook probe could be suspended for as many as four games, Crimson Tide coach Nick Saban said Thursday night.

"If they suspend them for more than one game, it could be four games," Saban said on his weekly radio show.

"It could be two games. But we have to get all the information, give it to the NCAA, and then they make that decision."

Geez, you barners are one paranoid, Bama-Obsessed group!

From a bammer reading an Auburn message board!

Go back to canning your tomaters, country boy.

TUSCALOOSA -- The five football players implicated in the University of Alabama's ongoing textbook probe could be suspended for as many as four games, Crimson Tide coach Nick Saban said Thursday night.

"If they suspend them for more than one game, it could be four games," Saban said on his weekly radio show.

"It could be two games. But we have to get all the information, give it to the NCAA, and then they make that decision."

Okay, from this I see why you fixated on the 4-game figure--you've answered my question. To me it sounds more like Nick saying "1 game...4 games...2 games...what? I just don't know." But I guess it's vague enough for each reader to interpret it in his/her own manner.

Do you think that any of the bammers or paul f*%&L da bum would think It was just gossip if auburn was

acused of somthing, naaaaaaah just impartial paul no bias nothing to it,

Have a good day, I will im a Auburn fan!

Archived