Georgia Seniors call for a "Blackout"...

AuburnChopper1

Lets make it a Halloween party They wear Black we wear ORANGE... make it an All Auburn All Orange Game in Jordan Hare East..

Lets make it a Halloween party They wear Black we wear ORANGE... make it an All Auburn All Orange Game in Jordan Hare East..

then we could call it the "Crappy Peanut Butter Halloween Candy Bowl".

UGA students tried to do a "blackout" last year for the Tennessee game. Most of them actually wore black but it didnt look great on tv. It doesn't stand out. The arms and faces of the students stuck out more than the black outfits. It might actually work better during the day. But that was just the student section(s) and they are so spread out maybe I was mistaken in what I saw.

That is one reason why I am so surprised that so many UGA fans are following suit with this blackout.

Seems that SINCE the players requested it, everyone i hoping on board and I do understand that.

The big question is....will the players be in black? I am VERY interested to see if they will be....I thought they would but how? How would Nike make the jerseys in several days?

UGA students tried to do a "blackout" last year for the Tennessee game. Most of them actually wore black but it didnt look great on tv. It doesn't stand out. The arms and faces of the students stuck out more than the black outfits. It might actually work better during the day. But that was just the student section(s) and they are so spread out maybe I was mistaken in what I saw.

That is one reason why I am so surprised that so many UGA fans are following suit with this blackout.

Seems that SINCE the players requested it, everyone i hoping on board and I do understand that.

The big question is....will the players be in black? I am VERY interested to see if they will be....I thought they would but how? How would Nike make the jerseys in several days?

We're in white road jerseys playing at Sanford Stadium....guess you dawgs do need something to try and upset the traditional mojo....

We're in white road jerseys playing at Sanford Stadium....guess you dawgs do need something to try and upset the traditional mojo....

We do....but I doubt this works

In fact, I expect UGASports.com to explode as it usually does if AU beats us with posters telling players to NEVER request colors again

http://ugadogsblog.blogspot.com/2007/11/black-jerseys.html

Just got done talking to Coach Richt this afternoon and of course there was another question about black jerseys. I can tell you all I know about the answer to that question in three words: Not A Clue. I do, however, have an opinion. I don't think Georgia will wear black jerseys. The reason I say that is I believe Richt is a traditionalist and wouldn't do anything that drastically counter to this school's tradition. Of course, Richt keeps refusing to deny the black jersey rumor (he did it again Thursday), which just adds to the rumor. Here's my theory, and it's just a theory: I think he's doing that on purpose to make sure the subject is in the paper every day and keep it on the fans' minds. That way the fans will be more likely to wear black themselves. Anyway, it's just a theory, we'll see. I will say this, just because Georgia goes through the Dog Walk in red jerseys doesn't mean it wont' wear black in the game. The way this thing is traditionally done is teams change into a special jersey in the locker room right before kickoff.

This pretty much sums up what I think at this point.

SouthLink...

You say that Nike couldn't make Jerseys in a few days, but I'm not too sure about that. It really wouldn't be that hard. They might not be as fitted as the normal ones are but I think they could make them. I don't think they will wear black jerseys but I think they could pull it off in a week. UGA is one of the top selling NCAA logos every year. Nike would probably pull out the stops and get this done for them and the pub.

SouthLink...

You say that Nike couldn't make Jerseys in a few days, but I'm not too sure about that. It really wouldn't be that hard. They might not be as fitted as the normal ones are but I think they could make them. I don't think they will wear black jerseys but I think they could pull it off in a week. UGA is one of the top selling NCAA logos every year. Nike would probably pull out the stops and get this done for them and the pub.

Well, I really haven't the slightest clue to be honest but I really would be shocked if Nike could come up with a team-amount of non-usual jerseys in the span of 5-6 days

But, I mean...I guess they could

We got any Nike reps here?

So, what's a good sign to hold up in the Auburn section, referencing this "blackout"?

(Such said sign would be held up toward the end of the game...assuming we have won.)

Get in the middle of a bunch of UGA fans with an orange shirt on with a sign that reads" Orange Sheep of the Family."

So, what's a good sign to hold up in the Auburn section, referencing this "blackout"?

(Such said sign would be held up toward the end of the game...assuming we have won.)

Get in the middle of a bunch of UGA fans with an orange shirt on with a sign that reads" Orange Sheep of the Family."

:roflol::roflol::roflol:

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/mobilereg...&thispage=2

-- BLACK JERSEYS: Georgia coach Mark Richt downplayed speculation that the Bulldogs would don black jerseys Saturday, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

"You can't snap your fingers and get them," Richt said.

Some on UGASports are swearing we will pregame in red and come out in black....i have no idea nor do I f'in care....

:roflol: you kill me slink. how about just leaving moreno in the dorm. Doesn't he have a huge test on monday to study for? :big:

Archived