Georgia Seniors call for a "Blackout"...

AuburnChopper1

Most of their fans wear red. ESPN just reported that the Georgia Bulldog Football Seniors are calling on Dawg fans to wear black.

A "blackout". I think the effect would be better if the game was at night.... I guess half of it could be.....

:P

I think it would be an incredibly intimidating sight at night. But during the day? Seems little silly.

I don't think many fans will do it this Saturday mainly because it's too short notice. Not enough of their fans probably own a black Georgia shirt. However, it sets up upcoming seasons. I personally like the idea. I always wished we'd wear blue for night games.

I remember when Spurrier was at UF, South Carolina tried a blackout. And UF had one of their best passing games ever under SOS.

After the game Steve said "well, they wore all those darn black shirts, it made the ball really easy for our WRs when they looked up"

I thought blackouts were pretty much a standard weekend occurence for UGA coeds.

Can't top that one, but I had something along the lines of wearing black to mourn the team we are going to kill on Saturday.

LSU did this type of thing in 2004 against MSU

PSU does it a lot

South Carolina does blackouts a lot

I dunno, I hate it but whatever...the seniors asked for it so we should give it to them.

Did Nebraska's D wear their Black Shirts when they played Kansas last week?

Nebraska's D played Kansas last week?

So, what's a good sign to hold up in the Auburn section, referencing this "blackout"?

(Such said sign would be held up toward the end of the game...assuming we have won.)

YOU GOT KNOCKED THE BLACK OUT

So, what's a good sign to hold up in the Auburn section, referencing this "blackout"?

(Such said sign would be held up toward the end of the game...assuming we have won.)

YOU GOT KNOCKED THE BLACK OUT

A Big Ole White Light Switich Sign with the Switch turned on.... That Reads Welcome to Jordan Hare East...

Written on Bright Orange.......That should stand out with all that Black.. B)

Did Nebraska's D wear their Black Shirts when they played Kansas last week?

I think they wore their the pink ones for that game. B)

SL - There's a rumor floating around that the Dawgs might be wearing black jerseys this week. Have you heard anything about it ?

SL - There's a rumor floating around that the Dawgs might be wearing black jerseys this week. Have you heard anything about it ?

Yea, I think we will.

What makes it weird though...is...Nike can't just make jerseys in one week....and the players can't go around the coaches to ask Nike for black jerseys....and I have heard that Richt REALLY didnt know about this black jersey thing until this weekend

So....how? Where will they come from?

I dunno

A little too Vickish?

Link

Given the water situation, I think Sanford stadium may be in for a yellow out instead....

Yea, I think we will.

What makes it weird though...is...Nike can't just make jerseys in one week....and the players can't go around the coaches to ask Nike for black jerseys....and I have heard that Richt REALLY didnt know about this black jersey thing until this weekend

So....how? Where will they come from?

I dunno

Nebraska has a few to spare.

UGA students tried to do a "blackout" last year for the Tennessee game. Most of them actually wore black but it didnt look great on tv. It doesn't stand out. The arms and faces of the students stuck out more than the black outfits. It might actually work better during the day. But that was just the student section(s) and they are so spread out maybe I was mistaken in what I saw.

Archived