mal moore

maybe he's asking if Mal Moore asked for it to be changed.

Anyway I really dont like having the game the week after. Thanksgiving is on Thursday and that just messes up everyones plans and stuff especially if you are traveling far away. Plus the tailgating really wont start till Friday. THANKS SEC!!

The best of my undererstanding is the SEC changed it saying we had an advantage if we had the week off before the SECG and stopped it.

That's my understanding...and not just aimed at us alone, but simply an SEC ruling that all conference teams will play the week before the SECCG so that every team will have the same one week prep time for the championship game. I prefer having the game the Saturday prior to Thanksgiving (makes coordinating travel and family plans at Thanksgiving less complicated), but I also see the fairness in their rule.

As for Mal Moore, seems like Alabama would like the same two week SECCG prep time as us, so doesn't seem very logical to me that he would initiate such a change. (Yeah, guess I just gave Mal credit for being logical..oxymoronic, huh? :rolleyes: )

The best of my undererstanding is the SEC REC changed it saying we had an advantage if we had the week off before the SECG and stopped it.

Fixed that for you.

Maw Moore didn't initiate moving the Iron Bowl but he did initiate moving the LSU game. He said it was too hard for the Tyde to have to end the season with LSU and AU. :cry3:

The best of my undererstanding is the SEC changed it saying we had an advantage if we had the week off before the SECG and stopped it.

That's my understanding...and not just aimed at us alone, but simply an SEC ruling that all conference teams will play the week before the SECCG so that every team will have the same one week prep time for the championship game. I prefer having the game the Saturday prior to Thanksgiving (makes coordinating travel and family plans at Thanksgiving less complicated), but I also see the fairness in their rule.

I still think it's a stupid rule. If our team is willing to play 12 straight weeks without a bye week in order to have the Saturday after Thanksgiving off they should be allowed to do so. The other coaches/AD's were complaining because they didn't have the stones to attempt 12 straight weeks and MM wanted to change it because they were tired of going the whole season without a break. You would think other teams would want to play us without us ever getting an off week. In a six team division, the odds are against us going to the SECCG every year, but obviously other teams were complaining because they thought we'd be there more often than not (I wish).

The problem with this change is that it puts our scheduling tradition at risk.

Bammer may not care if they play a creampuff or two in between us and LSwho, but I'm sure we all care to play :ua: right after we play :uga: .

I'm afraid that there'll be too much temptation to put a cupcake or someone else in-between those games. As tough as Amen Corner usually is, I like it much better the traditional way, even if we just take an off week in between the games like this year.

Ryan

As for Mal Moore, seems like Alabama would like the same two week SECCG prep time as us, so doesn't seem very logical to me that he would initiate such a change. (Yeah, guess I just gave Mal credit for being logical..oxymoronic, huh? :rolleyes: )

Well, you got the moron part right.

I love it.

Our family will be having Thanksgiving in Auburn and Tuscaloosa every year. I kinda think it's a cool, new tradition.

I love it.

Our family will be having Thanksgiving in Auburn and Tuscaloosa every year. I kinda think it's a cool, new tradition.

Yeah, that's great if football is all you have in your life.

I never said that it was.

I just like the idea of everyone getting together on the other team's turf to celebrate Thanksgiving before the big game. The Auburn side of my family has an apartment there, and I have a house here in T-Town. It works out nicely for us.

Chillax.

I love it.

I just like the idea of everyone getting together on the other team's turf to celebrate Thanksgiving before the big game. The Auburn side of my family has an apartment there, and I have a house here in T-Town. It works out nicely for us.

Chillax.

Good for you and your family. :thumbsup:

I'm just saying that most people would probably rather be at HOME with their families, and then not be forced to travel the day before the game, if not the day of. It'll be especially tight if the game is relegated to the 1230 spot like this year.

No shot at you. I don't think it's a great idea myself. That' allllllll I'm saying.

I love it.

Chillax.

I'm just saying that most people would probably rather be at HOME with their families, and then not be forced to travel the day before the game, if not the day of. It'll be especially tight if the game is relegated to the 1230 spot like this year.

No shot at you. I don't think it's a great idea myself. That' allllllll I'm saying.

I think Chopper's jealous. I wish my family would do that.

I love it.

Chillax.

I gotcha.

I can see how it won't work out for everybody.

Just for the sake of the youngsters out there:

Back in the Middle Ages (1960's-'70's), freshmen weren't allowed to play on the varsity team and universities had Jr. Varsity teams & games. The weekend before the Iron Bowl was an open date for both schools' varsity and the two Jr. Varsity teams played a "Baby Iron Bowl" that Saturday. It was kind of neat in it's own way as it was chance to preview the players each school had coming up the next year. I remember in particular a freshman Pat Sullivan having his "coming out" party with an impressive victory in the "Jr. Iron Bowl". Were any of you old guys at that game?

That's today's history lesson, now back to the thread...

Back in the Middle Ages (1960's-'70's), freshmen weren't allowed to play on the varsity team and universities had Jr. Varsity teams & games. The weekend before the Iron Bowl was an open date for both schools' varsity and the two Jr. Varsity teams played a "Baby Iron Bowl" that Saturday. It was kind of neat in it's own way as it was chance to preview the players each school had coming up the next year. I remember in particular a freshman Pat Sullivan having his "coming out" party with an impressive victory in the "Jr. Iron Bowl". Were any of you old guys at that game?

That's awesome!

I had actually never heard of this. Great idea.

Did Alabama win most games or was it more competitive?

Personally I like the game being right after thanksgiving. I understand it can be tough on people. But I know I'm coming back down to auburn thurs. night and Fri. My friends and I are gonna do a Thanksgiving dinner ourselves.

That's awesome!

I had actually never heard of this. Great idea.

Did Alabama win most games or was it more competitive?

Why would you automatically assume uat won most of those games? Your wording of this is just loaded with the "uat is far superior" attitude. So, either Alabama won most of these, or it was competitive. Nothing about Auburn winning any of them, just making it competitive. Why not, did Auburn win most of these? Or why not, What was the record in these games? Instead, your uat arrogance comes shining through once again assuming uat won most (if not all) of these particular games.

Archived