The Best Team in the State

townhallsavoy

As some hilarious comedians have stated over the past few weeks, Troy is the best team in the state.

What bowl game are they playing in?

It sucks. They probably should be competing in a bowl. Oh well.

As some hilarious comedians have stated over the past few weeks, Troy is the best team in the state.

What bowl game are they playing in?

It sucks. They probably should be competing in a bowl. Oh well.

they are absolutely the second best team in the state.

8-4 in the SunBelt > 8-4 in the SEC?

Please..

Even if they're the second or third best team in the State.....Troy would beat some, if not a Good Number, of the teams that'll be playing in the bowls. The bammers get a bowl, but not the Trojans? Are you serious? Maybe that will fire Troy up enough to jump into a bigger Conference.

From Sagarin, Bama is 41 and Troy only played 3 teams in the top 30 and 2 in the top 10, whereas Auburn and Bama played 5.

57 Troy A = 73.02 8 4 66.07( 82) 0 2 | 0 3 | 72.97 56 | 72.67 57

Even if they're the second or third best team in the State.....Troy would beat some, if not a Good Number, of the teams that'll be playing in the bowls. The bammers get a bowl, but not the Trojans? Are you serious? Maybe that will fire Troy up enough to jump into a bigger Conference.

If they had beat Florida Atlantic they would be in a bowl.

well the high school championship are still to be played

and Alabama A&M is not too bad, they went 8-3 but missed the playoffs.

The Bulldogs missed out on a bid from the NCAA Division I Playoffs when the 16-team field was announced. A&M finished one game behind Jackson State for the SWAC Eastern Division title, and the Tigers earn the trip to the SWAC Championship Game.

well the high school championship are still to be played

and Alabama A&M is not too bad, they went 8-3 but missed the playoffs.

The Bulldogs missed out on a bid from the NCAA Division I Playoffs when the 16-team field was announced. A&M finished one game behind Jackson State for the SWAC Eastern Division title, and the Tigers earn the trip to the SWAC Championship Game.

The SWAC does not have an automatic tie-in to the D1AA playoffs. If Grambling (clearly the strongest team in the SWAC) makes the playoffs, it is not because they won the SWAC; they get in because they are chosen by the playoff selection committee.

A&M is a joke.

Hopefully they will get a shot at C-USA when UAB drops football

Depends on how you look at "best". Tuskegee is 12-0, beat A & M in the Turkey Day Classic and will be named Black College National Champs next week. That's #8 for the Golden Tigers.

If "best" implies "most successful", then it's Tuskegee, hands down.

Depends on how you look at "best". Tuskegee is 12-0, beat A & M in the Turkey Day Classic and will be named Black College National Champs next week. That's #8 for the Golden Tigers.

and their qb coach is dameyune craig. that has to count for something, right?

You all bring up very good points about these other programs in the state. Basically what you are saying is that Bama is ranked just ahead of UAB but behind Prattville, Samford, and McGill Toolen. Also Troy edges out Tuskegee for the number two football team in the state. I can live with that.

Wish we could get him as QB coach at Auburn, but keep Borges as OC.

Please..

8-4 in the SunBelt is > 6-6 in the SEC, therefore Troy> SPUAT

When the two OOC schedules are factored in, absolutely.

Not to mention ULM as a common opponent.

Please..

Did anyone see Troy's HC on WSFA the other night? He was saying a 6-6 team should not be in a bowl ahead of an 8-4 team. Even if it were Troy, Auburn, or Alabama. For those down playing them, their AD was on sports call a few weeks ago. He said that noone at a Big 12 school would answer or return his calls. Seems they've got that conference scared.

Please..

Did anyone see Troy's HC on WSFA the other night? He was saying a 6-6 team should not be in a bowl ahead of an 8-4 team. Even if it were Troy, Auburn, or Alabama. For those down playing them, their AD was on sports call a few weeks ago. He said that noone at a Big 12 school would answer or return his calls. Seems they've got that conference scared.

And that's a big reason why I think Troy should be bowling. Troy hung with Georgia AT Sanford Stadium. Troy beat Oklahoma St. They scored 31 points on Florida's defense. They pummeled LA Monroe who beat Alabama. At a Sun Belt school who is the FOURTH smallest program in their state, I think Troy has done a hell of a job competing in Division I. They should be rewarded for it.

Please..

And that's a big reason why I think Troy should be bowling. Troy hung with Georgia AT Sanford Stadium. Troy beat Oklahoma St. They scored 31 points on Florida's defense. They pummeled LA Monroe who beat Alabama. At a Sun Belt school who is the FOURTH smallest program in their state, I think Troy has done a hell of a job competing in Division I. They should be rewarded for it.

Who's third?

Wish we could get him as QB coach at Auburn, but keep Borges as OC.

Can you imagine how much help he would be to Kodi Burns!

Please..

Who's third?

UAB. Technically, Conference USA is a bigger/better conference than Sun Belt. Therefore, UAB should be able to field better football teams than Troy.

Please..

Who's third?

UAB. Technically, Conference USA is a bigger/better conference than Sun Belt. Therefore, UAB should be able to field better football teams than Troy.

That is, unless their Board of Trustees cares more about propping up their old buddies than helping their "little brother" school in Birmingham win games and build a following.

Please..

First of all, I would like to say that I also believe that Troy deserves to go to a bowl game, but hey, they have been wanting to play in the big league for a long time now. No one knows better than Auburn that you don't always get what you think that you deserve. Troy had a chance to go to a bowl, and they lost the game, and that is just the way it is. Missouri and W.Va had a chance to play in the championship game, and all they had to do was win 1 football game, and they didn't. We keep hearing that Troy beat LA Monroe, but hey no one mentions that Bama beat Arkansas. If you're going to compare teams that both Bama and Troy played, be consistant. Don't say, but Troy is so much smaller and a growing program, because if they are going to whine and want the same rights as a larger school, then they should also accept being left out, just like a larger school would have to do. If they want to be compared as an equal, then don't make exceptions. Compare all games and all schedules.

I love Troy and am quite proud of all that they have accomplished, but I don't think that any school should try to build them selves up by tearing another school down. If you aren't asked to go to the party, then make sure that next year you are asked, or if you are so worthy, others will notice and make sure that you are asked. Be prepared though, others may not find you quite as deserving as you think you are.

I somewhat agree. They are in a smaller conference and usually win a big game or 2 a year, but then blow ones that they should win. If they want to be recognized nationally, they're going to have to win more consistently.

First of all, I would like to say that I also believe that Troy deserves to go to a bowl game, but hey, they have been wanting to play in the big league for a long time now. No one knows better than Auburn that you don't always get what you think that you deserve. Troy had a chance to go to a bowl, and they lost the game, and that is just the way it is. Missouri and W.Va had a chance to play in the championship game, and all they had to do was win 1 football game, and they didn't. We keep hearing that Troy beat LA Monroe, but hey no one mentions that Bama beat Arkansas. If you're going to compare teams that both Bama and Troy played, be consistant. Don't say, but Troy is so much smaller and a growing program, because if they are going to whine and want the same rights as a larger school, then they should also accept being left out, just like a larger school would have to do. If they want to be compared as an equal, then don't make exceptions. Compare all games and all schedules.

I love Troy and am quite proud of all that they have accomplished, but I don't think that any school should try to build them selves up by tearing another school down. If you aren't asked to go to the party, then make sure that next year you are asked, or if you are so worthy, others will notice and make sure that you are asked. Be prepared though, others may not find you quite as deserving as you think you are.

So the bowl games are a party? A reward? Something that celebrates accomplishments.

What, please tell me, what has Bama accomplished this year that deserves a party? If you can prove to me that Bama going bowling isn't building themselves up while tearing another school down, then I'll concede. The ONLY reason why Bama is going to a bowl is because they have enough fans to sell tickets/merchandise. Bama did NOT do well enough to fill an SEC spot. They are an at-large spot.

So the bowl games are a party? A reward? Something that celebrates accomplishments.

What, please tell me, what has Bama accomplished this year that deserves a party? If you can prove to me that Bama going bowling isn't building themselves up while tearing another school down, then I'll concede. The ONLY reason why Bama is going to a bowl is because they have enough fans to sell tickets/merchandise. Bama did NOT do well enough to fill an SEC spot. They are an at-large spot.

I am not saying that Bama deserved anything. Just the opposite, I said that things were unfair and that is how it is in the big time, and often teams are treat unfairly. Bama didn't say anything to be asked to go to a bowl game, and to be honest, most of us would not have been shocked or really that disappointed(isn't that terrible) if we had not been asked. I know that Coach Saban would not say it, but I don't think that he would have been terribly hurt if we had not been asked. It is my opinion that he just wanted this season to be over.

There are some Bama players that truly deserve to go to a bowl game, because they played their hearts out, and were team players, and then there are some that are truly talented players, but could not put their egos aside long enough to play as a team, and these guys don't deserve to go anywhere. I think that bowl games(when they are not for the championship) are for the players to get to play together one last time as a team and to have fun, but when you have a team that does not have this unity, well, it's just not that much fun.

I agree with you that the only reason Bama is going , let's face it, is just because of money. Our fans will follow and spend the money on tickets and merchandise. That is the way of the world, and Bama is not the first team to go to a bowl that didn't exactly deserve it, and Troy is not the last team to be left out. I hate it for Troy, I really do, because I know that a bowl game would have meant more to their program than Bama, but that is how this system is.

Archived