Bowden to Arkansas

AU_tiger_2000

...and now have a link. Arky doesn't care who they get as a coach, just as long as he can get the tigers to the Peach Bowl.

Link

No link yet, but Arkansas BOT did not approve the hire. Bowden will stay at Clemson. It's all over Rivals prem. board right now.

Phillip Marshall is reporting Bowden will not go to Arkansas:

http://blog.al.com/trackingtigers/

Tommy Bowden backs out out on Arkansas

Posted by Phillip Marshall, The Huntsville Times December 04, 2007 9:59 AM

Categories: Football

These are not good days for University of Arkansas football.

Arkansas officials went to bed Monday night with the belief they had hired a coach to replace Houston Nutt. But everything changed Tuesday morning. After agreeing in principle to move, Tommy Bowden decided he was staying at Clemson.

It's unclear what will happen now. According to a source close to the search, the Razorbacks gave up on hiring Auburn's Tommy Tuberville a couple of days ago and aren't likely to try again. Tulsa offensive coordinator Gus Malzahn, who was at Arkansas last season, and Michigan defensive coordinator Ron English interviewed for the job. Reggie Herring, the defensive coordinator and interim head coach, might be in the picture now as well.

Malzahn is something of a cult hero in Arkansas. He was spectacularly successful as the coach at Springdale High School. He moved to Arkansas to work for Nutt, but it went sour almost immediately and he left after the 2006 season for Tulsa.

Am I the only one that thinks it is wierd that Malzahn was a HIGH SCOOL COACH just 2 years ago and is now being considered as a head coach in the SEC? He may turn out to be the next coming, but i would think he would have to prove himself in a lower division first.

Hell maybe he will hire Probst as his offensive coordinator.

Am I the only one that thinks it is wierd that Malzahn was a HIGH SCOOL COACH just 2 years ago and is now being considered as a head coach in the SEC? He may turn out to be the next coming, but i would think he would have to prove himself in a lower division first.

Hell maybe he will hire Probst as his offensive coordinator.

IMO if Malzahn gets the Arky job, they will be the new cellar dweller in the ENTIRE conference.

Archived