Saban Rumors??

islandtime

IT'S THEIR,NOT THERE.

Ugh. If you're going to go there, (the University of) West Virginia [see GaCoach's post] is singular - i.e., not "them," but "it." Thus, the correct (plural) possessive is neither "there," nor "their;" it's "its."

I'm just sayin' . . .

Yes, Justin5... thank you...

I realize people on this board don't like me and my following statement is going to be turned on me somehow, but can we have a rule, where if you post a thread that has already been posted, you have your posting privileges taken away for like a day? This happens waaaaaaaaaaay too often.

Not only that... but this topic is completely stupid and untrue. Let me guess, you read the news from the National Inquire on a daily status?

What is your issue? I've been ignoring you for a while now. I believe I have perhaps some of the best grammar on this board. I don't read that damn magazine, so sue me for not titling it correctly. Technically, I did not spell anything incorrectly (except "waaaaaaaaaaay"). Let me guess, you took "debating" #101 at UAH because even your dumbass couldn't get into UAT

Irony: the use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning: the irony of her reply, “How nice!” when I said I had to work all weekend.

:cry3::cry3::cry3:

This is about all that is on this board. Who gives a damn if someone misspells something, I'm not a damn english teacher, and it's an internet message board for crying out loud. Some of the posters on this board need to step away from the computer, and GET A DAMN LIFE.

And some need to get back to work....

IT'S THEIR,NOT THERE.

You know, if you learned to use the damn quote function on this website, people would know exactly which person's grammar you were correcting.

You are hereby relieved of your posting privileges until you learn to use the quote function. And no TV either.

(Aahhh, redemption)

SO THAT'S HOW IT WORKS.

This is about all that is on this board. Who gives a damn if someone misspells something, I'm not a damn english teacher, and it's an internet message board for crying out loud. Some of the posters on this board need to step away from the computer, and GET A DAMN LIFE.

I think you misspelled misspells.

This topic is derailed. Please remember that we are talking about Saban bolting to West "By God" Virginia and taking a pay cut because there is a better future there than in Thugscaloosa.

I wonder who Bama will throw $7.5 mil at next month to lead there crumbling program for the next 20 or so months. It doesn't matter how much money you spend the fact is you can't polish a turd.

And some need to get back to work....

You are right my friend. Now kiss off. B)

I think you misspelled misspells.

Really? I don't think I did. And if I did, then :moon:

Okay GD it, back on the Subject.....Did West Virginia contact Coach nick saban? Did Coach nick saban tell Jimmy Sexton that he'd entertain the idea to coach the Mountaineers? Did ns talk to WVU?

No, WV did not contact CNS. Sexton contacted WV on CNS's behalf. The conversation went something like this:

Trustee: "Saban? Nick Saban? Bottom of the league, salary cap-busting, Daunte Eggs in one basket Dolphins coach, red challenge flag Nick Saban?"

Sexton: "Yeah, that's him. He's a pretty hot commodity."

Trustee: "NICK Saban? The short guy with the five grey suits and the worn-out suitcases?"

Sexton: "Well, yeah, I guess. Anyways, Nick's a great recruiter."

Trustee: "Nick? You mean Coon-a** Nick?"

Sexton: "Hey, that was taken totally out of context by the media. He gets along great with them now."

Trustee: "Great? Is that what 'It is what it is' means?"

Sexton: "More crap spewed by Nick's in-state archrival. He's killin' them in recruiting right now. He just had to turn down a five star."

Trustee: "Jim, can you remind me why are calling again?"

Sexton: "It's like this....Coach Saban is one of the best coaches in America. He wants to come home. He'd do it if the money was anywhere near what he's making at Bama. He's at four big ones right now, but he could come off that some if he could get a brick-proof window by '09."

Trustee: "Are we talkin' the guy that coached the team that lost to UL-Monroe at home?"

Sexton: "Yeah, but there was a textbook prob----hello? Hello? HELLO???" Then, over shoulder to St. Nick, "He must've lost his cell signal. Don't worry, he'll call back."

Saban: "Dude, you called him. What have I done for only four million bucks. I feel so dirty."

He told me all about this over a Mt. Dew and filet mignon yesterday. Boy, can he put away the bloomin' onions....

Archived