Christian Thompson another Commitment

The Prowler

Here's the link, but you'll have to be a Subscriber to access the whole story. CT is the second commit.

** Christian Thompson (6'1" 195 DB 4.6 40)

along with

**** Onterrio McCalebb (5'10" 154 RB/ATH 4.4 40)

http://auburn.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.a...p;mid=&rid=

I didn't know we took DB's and WR's that were slower than a 4.5

I see Linebacker in his Future.

Depends on what he projects as. We could see him as a guy that could put more weight on and become a TE/WR hybrid type or he could be a fast LB or a strong safety on defense.

My understanding is that the Rivals guys just got film on him and Pierre-Louis and both are expected to be upgraded to at least high 3-stars. They just had flown under the radar to this point.

Good because as it stands now, we have about 14 QB's and 27 Athletes committed, No LB's, 1 OL and 2 DL.

I'm not questioning or complaining but whats the deal here. We don't need anyone in the trenches any more?

BTW these guys are both buds of Wes Byrum (Edit: By both I meant Thompson and Pierre-Louis). Someone in another thread mentioned Auburn stronghold Dillard, but it looks like St. Thomas Aquinas is becoming quite an Auburn producer as well. Jermaine Johnson is coming to Auburn via Hargrave is from S.T.A. as well. There is another guy who will be a senior next year transferring from NY to S.T.A. who is interested in Auburn already. I believe he's a DL.

You should go check out ITAT from Friday's archive. Wes's dad called in and said a lot about these guys. He said Wes has had nothing but good experiences at Auburn, and he is a big ambassador for Auburn to these guys from S.T.A and Fort Lauderdale.

Well, we did have the #1 OL class in the country last year, so I'm not sure the need is quite as critical there as some other places. We do need another DL or two and we will get them.

Good because as it stands now, we have about 14 QB's and 27 Athletes committed, No LB's, 1 OL and 2 DL.

I'm not questioning or complaining but whats the deal here. We don't need anyone in the trenches any more?

The Spread Offense don't need no freaking trenches

CTT: "The heart of every recruiting class starts with your lineman....ummm ehhhh we're running the spread now and have 18 returning starters on defense right? eghhhh ok good"

This kid looks good. I like his built and he just looks like he will be a successful baller. He may only be a 2 star, but something gives me a good feeling about this kid. Like the feeling I got when I saw Kodi Burns last year.

But he needs to keep his head shaved. The link and the Rivals front page - I was like "is this the same kid?"

Jeffery Lee (Rivals) said that Thompson will likely jump to a high 3-star in the next day or so after viewing his playoff and championship game film. He's basically been unevaluated. Once they view his senior year film, he possibly will even move up to a 4-star. The AU coaches feel like they found a real steal.

Yea, I've heard that after they review his Senior Videos he'll more than likely be a 5.7 which is a 3* or he might be bumped to a 5.8, 4*... Also, the word is that he and Onterrio have some work to do to be qualified as well as Enrique Davis.

Guys don't forget about Deshaun Barnes, he committed to Tennessee last year as a 3* Safety but didn't qualify. He decided to set out and not go to Prep or Juco and to Work Out... He then committed to Auburn this year and will count towards last year's class, he practiced with the team during the Bowl Practices and is projected as a Linebacker/Safety, Hybrid, Uno/Domino/Spade, Package.

Deshaun Barnes 6'2" 210 4.45 40 LB/S

When we first offered Thompson I was told that he was even better than Pierre-Louis. He is a really good get, LSU and Miami were both after him. He played LB in HS and I initially was told that he was being recruited as a LB. His size looked like a questionmark but Rivals has recently been labeling him as 6'2 215lbs in their insider articles.

Wasn't the St Thomas Aquinas head coach the guy who said he'll never let one of his players play for Nick Saban?

SHows how bad recruiting services can be. Louis is the defending 100M and 200M state champion in frekin FL and he's a 2*??? I don't care how small you are if you can run that fast in a state that is known for speed you should be a little higher ranked..

Jeffery Lee (Rivals) said that Thompson will likely jump to a high 3-star in the next day or so after viewing his playoff and championship game film. He's basically been unevaluated. Once they view his senior year film, he possibly will even move up to a 4-star. The AU coaches feel like they found a real steal.

Scott Kennedy from Scout said the same thing.

Insider analysis....heres what I got:

"Thompson is a stud player. He had a good bit of trouble with the law early in high school but seems to be on the right course. I think he is a safety but he has a heavy load to accomplish to get cleared but it isn't impossible (think Robert Dunn and Antione Carter level of work). If he has to go away first I think he would be a LB in a year or 2 when he made it back. He could be the steal of the class if he gets in school"

Archived