Presbyterian Blue Hose..

mowegl

Well, Ole Miss is over now, and its time for the next one. Maybe some of the people around here can stop challenging each other and move on.

As a diversion from studying, I found some of what I thought was interesting info on Presbyterian. Most of it was stuff I was wondering, so I thought some of y'all might too.

SO a few interesting things..Presbyterian's record is like (2-ALOT), so we wont look at the actual gameplay aspect at all. It looks like they must have lost some good players because they won 20 games in 06-07. One wierd thing is they only have like 6 home games this season. (They just played their 2nd.) Presbyterian is in the Big South Conference (Winthrop, Liberty), but it doesnt look like the men's basketball team is because none of their games are marked as conference games and they arent in the Big South standings.

A few facts about the actual school

Students

1200 students representing

27 states and 7 foreign countries

48% male, 52% female

95% of the student body lives on campus

Campus

240-acre campus, which includes 5 buildings that are on the National Register of Historic Places

Clinton, South Carolina, a small city of 10,000, located between Greenville, SC, and Columbia, SC

And yes they are the BLUE HOSE. Here's a little background on the name..

http://www.gobluehose.com/ViewArticle.dbml...;ATCLID=1150310

Presbyterian is making the transition from DII to DI this year. That's why they've lost so many games and they're playing so many road games so that they can make some money from all the teams that are paying them to play against them this year. They'll be elligible in a couple of years to win the Big South.

Ok cool. I thought that was a possibility considering what you mentioned above. I did notice they had a sell-out for their last home game (win) against Army (first ever I believe). So a good job to the fans. Thanks for the info.

Will Don Imus be calling the game?

Translation?

Blue Hose has to be the worst nickname I've ever seen. If they have a girls team, you could get fired from your radio show for calling them by their nickname.

I know who Don Imus is. I just didnt understand how it related to the situation. I gotcha now Esquire.

Up 11 at the half. A little sloppy but Hargrove has come in and is playing great. Some of the others sound like they might be playing down to their competition, but once Hargrove was inserted, we extended the lead out to double figures.

Guest mtn_tgr

Good win tonight...the 13 points is a little decieving, but we were never really in threat of losing the game. We controlled the game from the start and the win was never in doubt. In the last 5 minutes we were by 25 and they got hot shooting and cut it down to 10. We didnt really play agressively on defense but that is expected against a team like this. Presbyterian was very well coached you could tell that and i must give them props for the way they played. It was very obvious they had a gameplan and followed it very tightly, Pres also had only 10 turnovers which is very good. But we got a winning streak going at 3 and hopefully can keep it up this weekend. War Eagle! Beat Bammer!!

17-22 from the FT line. Much better. That's what I like to see.

And wouldn't we be going for the thumb in Tuscaloosa? If you throw in the last two football games that is.... mwah ha ha ha haaaa

Congrats to our team for doing what they were supposed to do and comfortably beating an out-manned team. Keep up the good work Tigers! :cheer:

Good luck to the Presbyterian program. They are taking their lumps now, but are building for the future.

Archived