How to get Enrique Davis back?

AUdrew1

This may be a urban legend but I heard once that Rodney Garner used the best tactics to get a running back recruit to Auburn. During the visit of the recruit Rodney flung a pair of cleats on the table and ask the recruit if he could fill the shoes. The recruits reply was what size they were. Rodney responded you don't understand my question. Those are Vincent Bo Jackson’s shoes can you fill them?.

I've deleted my original post. Upon looking back at it, the effect was nothing more than mudslinging, which was not my intention. I'll leave it like this - even though Garner is a good recruiter, I'd rather he stay at UGA than come to Auburn.

I've deleted my original post. Upon looking back at it, the effect was nothing more than mudslinging, which was not my intention. I'll leave it like this - even though Garner is a good recruiter, I'd rather he stay at UGA than come to Auburn.

I understand your fear of Garner I have heard the rumors all before and perhaps they are true. But one thing is certain he is and was one hell of a recruiter. Perhaps not Garner but i wish we had someone that could read people like he was able to do.

If Davis wants to be an Auburn Tiger, he'll sign with Auburn. If he's more concerned with spending a couple of years in the limelight while he waits to get NFL eligible, then he can go to Oregon, Ole' Miss or wherever.

I'm not so sure we need Rodney back at Auburn. Maybe so, maybe not.

To answer the original question, we will get Davis back if and when he decides he wants to COMPETE for the job with the likes of Lester, Tate, Fannin. et.al., rather than have it handed to him. You can't be the main man at "Running Back U" unless you are willing to take on all the other guys who also want the job. Even Bo had to earn it. We don't need him if he is not willing to face the competition. If he is half as bad as he thinks he is then why is he scared?

I have no facts to base this on, but there must be SOME reason why somone hasn't brought Rodney back to Auburn! I've heard over the years that he uses some "questionable" recruiting practices. If it's one thing we absolutly don't need right now, it's more controversy and possible sanctions. We may be lucky not to have him or maybe not. Who knows?

He's never been offically accused of anything by the NCAA or SEC while at Tennesse or Georgia.

To answer the original question, we will get Davis back if and when he decides he wants to COMPETE for the job with the likes of Lester, Tate, Fannin. et.al., rather than have it handed to him. You can't be the main man at "Running Back U" unless you are willing to take on all the other guys who also want the job. Even Bo had to earn it. We don't need him if he is not willing to face the competition. If he is half as bad as he thinks he is then why is he scared?

Competition isn't the reason he decommitted. It was the change in offensive philosophy.

ALLEGEDLY.

I personally don't buy it considering several of his front runners for run the spread as well.

Proud always tells me how much he wants Garner back at AU

You forgot to add the Sarcasm icon :P

Just so some here may actually believe you, one of the last people I ever want back at Auburn is

Garner. Sure he has been a great recruiter but he was on the ragged edge of rules violations and has been reigned in. Why do you think Fulmer ran him off from UT. And man if you get run off from UT because of flirting with rules violations that speaks volumes. Not to mention he was contacting Auburn players such as Fred Beasley trying to get them to transfet to UT. I exchanged letters with Coach Fulmer about this and he said he would put a stop to it, and he did.

I understand your fear of Garner I have heard the rumors all before and perhaps they are true. But one thing is certain he is and was one hell of a recruiter. Perhaps not Garner but i wish we had someone that could read people like he was able to do.

I also have heard those rumors, but the man has never brought down a school. He has recruited legendary teams and I would like to see him at AU if and ONLY IF CTT thought he would recruit the right way.

He's never been offically accused of anything by the NCAA or SEC while at Tennesse or Georgia.

Actually, most of the bad stuff I have heard came via Tot....never was sure if Tot was telling the truth or just insecure and attempting to compensate for something.

I also have heard those rumors, but the man has never brought down a school. He has recruited legendary teams and I would like to see him at AU if and ONLY IF CTT thought he would recruit the right way.

His calling Auburn players after he got to UT and trying to gert them to transfer is a matter of public fact, not rumor. ir may not violate anthing but is cdrtainly isn't ethical in most circles. If you ever get a chance to talk to Fulmer, ask him about Garner.

His calling Auburn players after he got to UT and trying to gert them to transfer is a matter of public fact, not rumor. ir may not violate anthing but is cdrtainly isn't ethical in most circles. If you ever get a chance to talk to Fulmer, ask him about Garner.

And, if you get the chance to talk to Fulmer, ask him about the rumors that he's telling a couple recruits that Auburn's interested in that both Auburn and South Carolina will be going on probation in the near future. I heard that rumor a couple of days ago when I was talking about A. McClain and J. Savage.

All we gotta do is buy the kid a new car.......It doesn't take a genious to figure this out. I think a new "Benz" sittin' on some 22's outta do this kid mighty fine. I'll throw in the first 5 bucks. B)

All we gotta do is buy the kid a new car.......It doesn't take a genious to figure this out. I think a new "Benz" sittin' on some 22's outta do this kid mighty fine. I'll throw in the first 5 bucks. B)

Apparently it takes one to spell it though.

Archived