Another Quick Coaching Change

Proud Tiger

After Petrino took over as the Arky HC, Reggie herring left to take the DC job at TAMU under Mike Sherman.

Now Herring has accepted the DC job with the Dallas Cowboys. According to a Dallas newspaper, one candidate for the vacant TAMU DC is Joe Kines. TAMU never has seemed to shake the Bear Bryant days as they have had a number of former bama coaches.

Dont count on that one. last I spoke with his family, he was very comfortable with staying retired in Tuscaloosa.

There's a job opening at Texas A&M.

Doesn't Tuberville still own a house there? :o

There's a job opening at Texas A&M.

Doesn't Tuberville still own a house there? :o

I heard he had a fishing trip scheduled in Texas this week. :big:

Dont count on that one. last I spoke with his family, he was very comfortable with staying retired in Tuscaloosa.

I didn't say he was leaving and I agree he is not likely to do so based on hearing the same things you do.All I said was the Dallas newspaper reported Kines was a candidate. Who knows if Kines has even been cotacted.

JOX and the Tuscaloosa News are reporting that this is a done deal.

Joe Kines is headed to College Station.

Maybe Joe just got tired of raising money for St. Nick quicker than he thought.

I'm very happy for him. I've always liked Coach Kines and will continue to do so. Remember, our recent hatred for all things Aggie had nothing to do with the program, but rather the person who was running it. My desire to see Reveille drink antifreeze by the gallon ended this past November.

FWIW, I know DKW has mentioned in recent days about Kines staying at UA. It wasn't just Alabama fans that believed he wouldn't leave.

Rather appropriate wouldn't you say, a former auburn coach with tx and former bama coach with aTm. It gives this game a little more interest for people in this state anyway. I wish our former defensive co. well...do you?

We wish the best for CWM.

The last I talked with the family about Joe was the night of our bowl game. I was told then that Joe had turned down a promotion at Alabama to stay with his grandkids and that he really enjoyed his time in Tuscaloosa. When I talk with them again, I will update this thread. It wont happen soon.

Great post ProudTiger!!!!

I'm very happy for him. I've always liked Coach Kines and will continue to do so. Remember, our recent hatred for all things Aggie had nothing to do with the program, but rather the person who was running it. My desire to see Reveille drink antifreeze by the gallon ended this past November.

FWIW, I know DKW has mentioned in recent days about Kines staying at UA. It wasn't just Alabama fans that believed he wouldn't leave.

Uh you better check again who told David the info that led him to believe that way :poke:

Archived