Did Ryan Perrilloux walk off the LSU football team?

SouthLink02

Wow. This is crazy.

Nick Saban better be taking notes on all this new-fangled discipline stuff. Can anyone explain to him how it works?

I wonder if he has Shula's number in his rolodex.

Nick Saban better be taking notes on all this new-fangled discipline stuff. Can anyone explain to him how it works?

Eh, RP got a LOT, LOT of rope from Miles....not like LM should be applauded for this as I doubt he had any other course of action

I have heard some rumblings of other incidents off-the-field that Miles knows about as well which aren't really public

Eh, RP got a LOT, LOT of rope from Miles....not like LM should be applauded for this as I doubt he had any other course of action

I have heard some rumblings of other incidents off-the-field that Miles knows about as well which aren't really public

That's the whole point! At least CLM didn't suspend him for a game and then decide at half-time that he had been suspended long enough and let him play.

not to defend Perrilloux too much because we all know he's had his troubles, but from what I've heard most of his missed classes and meetings have come in the last couple of weeks. And for those who don't know RP's dad passed away on Feb. 7th of this year, so that could be playing a role in his behavior. I'm sure more will com out soon. I'm going to be optimistic that he is just having problems dealing with his fathers death and not just being a total idiot.

not to defend Perrilloux too much because we all know he's had his troubles, but from what I've heard most of his missed classes and meetings have come in the last couple of weeks. And for those who don't know RP's dad passed away on Feb. 7th of this year, so that could be playing a role in his behavior. I'm sure more will com out soon. I'm going to be optimistic that he is just having problems dealing with his fathers death and not just being a total idiot.

Sorry to hear it. I hope he gets his head on straight.

Edited by Chicken: belowpar is well connected and is a credible source on matters related to the LSU football program. I had the privilege of meeting him before the BCS Title game. If he is stating something as fact, it is indeed a fact.

This might all be germans, because I haven't been around the last few days, but I'm going to post what I know, and scream at me if you want, but what I'm saying is atleast confirmed.

Since Perrilloux's beginning at LSU there has been problems and he's gotten away with a lot...The altercation last year was worse than what was made public. Perrilloux has continued to push the line of what is allowed and what isn't...It all stems from small things as in missing meetings, classes, late to practice, just small issues that have built up.

I'm not sure on what exactly put it over the top this time, but the issue is that the team was starting to become divided...Teammates are seeing what he is getting away with and saying why can't I get away with things like this. He's been an horrible example to the other players and it was starting to make other players act up.

Imagine being on the team and seeing Perrilloux act the way he does and know that if you were the one doing the same things you would have been gone a long time ago...Something had to be done and the coaching staff had to put their foot down. Team unity is very important, and the rift that was forming was unacceptable and Perrilloux's behavior was unacceptable.

My two cents, scream at me if this has all already been said.

http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/message...c.asp?p=7250812

Quincy Carter all over again, imo

Edited by Chicken: belowpar is well connected and is a credible source on matters related to the LSU football program. I had the privilege of meeting him before the BCS Title game. If he is stating something as fact, it is indeed a fact.

This might all be germans, because I haven't been around the last few days, but I'm going to post what I know, and scream at me if you want, but what I'm saying is atleast confirmed.

Since Perrilloux's beginning at LSU there has been problems and he's gotten away with a lot...The altercation last year was worse than what was made public. Perrilloux has continued to push the line of what is allowed and what isn't...It all stems from small things as in missing meetings, classes, late to practice, just small issues that have built up.

I'm not sure on what exactly put it over the top this time, but the issue is that the team was starting to become divided...Teammates are seeing what he is getting away with and saying why can't I get away with things like this. He's been an horrible example to the other players and it was starting to make other players act up.

Imagine being on the team and seeing Perrilloux act the way he does and know that if you were the one doing the same things you would have been gone a long time ago...Something had to be done and the coaching staff had to put their foot down. Team unity is very important, and the rift that was forming was unacceptable and Perrilloux's behavior was unacceptable.

My two cents, scream at me if this has all already been said.

http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/message...c.asp?p=7250812

Quincy Carter all over again, imo

Perrilloux? Perrilloux? Perrilloux? Wasn't he one of Saban's recruits? Apparently, Miles does not put up with the same things that are rewarded in T-town with ice cream.

Perrilloux? Perrilloux? Perrilloux? Wasn't he one of Saban's recruits? Apparently, Miles does not put up with the same things that are rewarded in T-town with ice cream.

Actually RP was a Texas commit and it wasn't until Saban left that he committed to LSU. Apparently he wasn't too fond of Saban.

Actually RP was a Texas commit and it wasn't until Saban left that he committed to LSU. Apparently he wasn't too fond of Saban.

I might have more in common with RP than I thought.

Archived