Saban Says........

Proud Tiger

Some bammers like to talk about their tradition and how they are different than the rest of us. Let's look at what Saban had to say in his press conference yesterday.

Bammer Claim #1--our players have class. We act play like we've been there before.

Saban says "I have never dealt with what we're dealing with here. We obviously have an issue that we have to work on internally and improve our players awareness of how they need to represent themselves and act."

Bammer Claim #2---our players have character and respect others.

Saban says "one of the biggest issues we've had to deal with here is is being respectful to people in authority."

Bammer Claim #3--bama players are educated and above your average guys.

Saban says "We also need to do a better job of educating them and developing relationships with people so we have a better understanding of how to educate them so we don't have these issues in the future.Let me understand this one coach.....you say we need to do a better job educating them so we know how to educate them? hmmm

Let me quickly add that I'm not throwing rocks in glass houses. I think most schools have these kind of problems here and there over the long haul but a lot of bammers like to think they are above all that. It's cost them $4M to find out they are no better than the rest of the world. I'm just thankful Tubs isn't having to call press conferences to deal with this kind of stuff.

Saban mentioned that BJ Stabler and Zeke Knight might not be back because of injuries.What injuries?

Saban mentioned that BJ Stabler and Zeke Knight might not be back because of injuries.What injuries?

Stabler had a legit knee problem. Knight, I dont have a clue.

Knight has heart problems.

Saban actually said that Knight has shoulder problems.

Question about the Offseason Programs....Are coaches supposed to Organize or oversee the programs? From what I remember when I played college ball was that these programs were organized by the players, Only.

Question about the Offseason Programs....Are coaches supposed to Organize or oversee the programs? From what I remember when I played college ball was that these programs were organized by the players, Only.

No, they are organized by the players and coaches can't even be out there. However, you are crazy if you don't think the coaches tell the QB's or the "leaders" what he wants them to work on and what the workout should be like. Every program probably does that...

And even though they are "voluntary", I gaurantee you the coaches know who is there and who is not...

Wait, I need to edit myself. I was refering to the "summer" workouts the kids have without their coaches. The "off-season winter" work-outs are done my the coaches, but I don't think you are supposed to have "football" related meetings and you can not actually practice with a football. It is just the work out and conditioning that takes place dudring the winter...I think...

I caught myself as I was re-reading my own post...sorry

Archived