Marvin Stone Fomer Grissom, UK, & UofL Player

Nay4AU

American player Marvin Stone dies during Saudi Arabia league game

The Associated Press

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

JEDDAH, Saudi Arabia: American basketball player Marvin Stone died after collapsing during halftime of a game in Saudi Arabia on Tuesday. He was 26.

Stone died of an apparent heart attack, said Kenny Klein, a spokesman for University of Louisville, one of Stone's former colleges. Stone had recently signed a contract with Ittihad Jeddah and was playing in the team's Elite Cup semifinal when he fell ill.

Stone's agent, Hirant Manakian, said Stone was pronounced dead at a hospital.

Stone spent three seasons at University of Kentucky before transferring to Louisville, where he averaged 10.3 points, 7.1 rebounds and 1.5 blocked shots during his last year in 2002-03.

He played professionally overseas and had recently completed the season with a team in Cyprus before signing a short-term contract with Ittihad Jeddah according to Manakian.

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2008/04/01/...layer-Death.php

WHNT 19 Story

WHNT 19 video

Prayers sent. A buddy of mine at work played AAU ball with him and has always had nothing but good things to say about him and his family.....

My sympathies...

Aside: Transfering from UK to Louisville? Wow...wouldn't that be like a kid transfering from UAT to Auburn or UAB? Has that ever happened in this state in any sport?

holy cow.

i'll never forget watching him pretty much single-handedly beat austin at regionals my freshman year.

Archived