$aban is making room for his new signees

AU alum

Noticed the number of players at SPUAT that have "quit" the team? No, I don't have a list, but it seems like more than usual. The only reason I can come up with for this, is $aban is trying to make room for his new signees to play. He has to get rid of some of the current scholarship players so his new guys get a scholarship.

The latest:

"DB Coger has left Alabama's team

by Gentry Estes

Thursday April 10, 2008, 7:36 PM

A little bit of breaking news from today's football practice ...

Sophomore defensive back Tremayne Coger is no longer with Alabama's football team, according to Crimson Tide head coach Nick Saban. Coger "left the team voluntarily," according to Saban.

"The last time I talked to him, he had personal issues," Saban said. "He didn't think he could continue this spring."

Coger, a native of Columbia, Tenn., didn't play for Alabama during his two years on campus. He twisted his ankle early in spring practice and has not been with the team for the past week."

Sure, he had personal issues.

Pretty ignorant statements made here. Attrition is pretty standard. And we can only sign/enroll 25 players regardless of how many quit the team between now and August.

The comments about Saban "making room" for his new guys have to do with the fact that we oversigned this year. But the cut down has to come from within the class, not within the current roster. You can't enroll 30 just because a bunch of people quit.

Besides, Coger never got above scout team status and wasn't a highly recruited player to begin with. Players like that quit all the time.

I mean, I could be wrong. Do you work for Nick Saban? Are you privy to the inner workings of the athletic department? Or are you just spouting off some bullsteak because you are a homer?

Still waiting for this "house clearing" of all the "bad seeds" that was supposed to occur after the off season. All those players that Saban was going to show the door because he means business.

I agree that this is quite stupid. When Tuberville came on board, around 15 players were shown the door because of primadonna attitudes and poor work ethic.

Pretty ignorant statements made here. Attrition is pretty standard. And we can only sign/enroll 25 players regardless of how many quit the team between now and August.

The comments about Saban "making room" for his new guys have to do with the fact that we oversigned this year. But the cut down has to come from within the class, not within the current roster. You can't enroll 30 just because a bunch of people quit.

Besides, Coger never got above scout team status and wasn't a highly recruited player to begin with. Players like that quit all the time.

I mean, I could be wrong. Do you work for Nick Saban? Are you privy to the inner workings of the athletic department? Or are you just spouting off some bullsteak because you are a homer?

Testy Testy......... :poke:

Well, this particular situation aside (since I don't know the kid personally), this idea doesn't just come from the fact that you oversigned. It comes from Bama boards that made rumblings right after the season ended that there were some kids that weren't "up to Saban's standards" and that they wouldn't be back next year. Saban was going to "clean house" and so on. All Auburn fans have done is repeat what Bama fans have said unsolicited about the level of talent that was on the team last year and what Saban would do about it.

Well, this particular situation aside (since I don't know the kid personally), this idea doesn't just come from the fact that you oversigned. It comes from Bama boards that made rumblings right after the season ended that there were some kids that weren't "up to Saban's standards" and that they wouldn't be back next year. Saban was going to "clean house" and so on. All Auburn fans have done is repeat what Bama fans have said unsolicited about the level of talent that was on the team last year and what Saban would do about it.

I've raised this question at least three times in topics such as this one with no response from any of the bama fans on the board. They don't discuss it because it goes against last year's theory that the Tide didn't perform up to expectations due to a transitional period of "talented" players who didn't buy into saban's process and the young eager kids who are going to do things the right way.

Noticed the number of players at SPUAT that have "quit" the team? No, I don't have a list, but it seems like more than usual. The only reason I can come up with for this, is $aban is trying to make room for his new signees to play. He has to get rid of some of the current scholarship players so his new guys get a scholarship.

The latest:

by Gentry Estes

Sophomore defensive back Tremayne Coger is no longer with Alabama's football team, according to Crimson Tide head coach Nick Saban. Coger "left the team voluntarily," according to Saban.

"The last time I talked to him, he had personal issues," Saban said. "He didn't think he could continue this spring."

Coger, a native of Columbia, Tenn., didn't play for Alabama during his two years on campus. He twisted his ankle early in spring practice and has not been with the team for the past week."

I'll start by saying that we don't know the context of the quote. But, "The last time I talked to him, he had personal issues" sounds like the jerkiest thing someone could say. When was the last time you talked to him? Does Saban even know who this is? Could he pick him out of a lineup?

He's a jerk. And, before any bammer replies about prefering a coach that wins over a coach who is nice, I've got three letters for you U-L-M.

and (Coger) wasn't a highly recruited player to begin with. Players like that quit all the time.

I mean, I could be wrong.

:roflol::roflol::roflol: So, is that the Real reason as to why he quit, because he wasn't up to $abban'$ $TAR Power?

Or was it because $abban'$ "Open Door" policy only applies to Highly recruited players, after they've made an appointment.

I mean, I could be wrong....lol. Nah, I'm not wrong.

The latest:

by Gentry Estes

I'll start by saying that we don't know the context of the quote. But, "The last time I talked to him, he had personal issues" sounds like the jerkiest thing someone could say. When was the last time you talked to him? Does Saban even know who this is? Could he pick him out of a lineup?

He's a jerk. And, before any bammer replies about prefering a coach that wins over a coach who is nice, I've got three letters for you U-L-M.

That's what I was thinking.

So when he does ask some guys to leave, like Coger, he gets blasted for it?

Why is it that attrition is normal at every school in the country...except at Alabama? Attrition there MUST mean something sinister is going on.

Why is it that attrition is normal at every school in the country...except at Alabama? Attrition there MUST mean something sinister is going on.

Again, this particular situation aside, there is reason for people to ask a few more questions about "attrition" at Bama this year given the kinds of things that numerous members of your own fanbase have hinted at ever since the season's end about Saban essentially "cleaning house" to get more talented players or "his guys" in place. The clear implication (and sometimes straight out stated plan) was that there were players Saban had identified that one way or the other, were going to be gotten rid of.

Call it sinister if you like. But it's not like a bunch of Aubies sat around and cooked up this idea. We're just repeating statements from your own fans.

BG, I am honestly asking because I get confused with the way ships are given out

Doesn't him leaving open up someone to go from gray-shirting to possibly red-shirting and thus getting a ship for this/next semester?

This doesn't allow someone to snatch it up or open a spot for someone?

Dogs bark...Cats meow..the $4mil boy is sleeeeeeeeeeeeeezy.........

Nothing news worthy about the same old "stuff" in loserville.

BG, I am honestly asking because I get confused with the way ships are given out

Doesn't him leaving open up someone to go from gray-shirting to possibly red-shirting and thus getting a ship for this/next semester?

A school may only place 25 new players a year on scholarship. If they had been bumping up against the 85 overall limit, then "firing" a player would open up a slot.

Yes, like has been said...if the overall 85 was in trouble, then losing a couple of people off of the current roster would help. But the big concern was the 30+ we got verbals from this past year. Much bigger concern than the 85.

Again, this particular situation aside, there is reason for people to ask a few more questions about "attrition" at Bama this year given the kinds of things that numerous members of your own fanbase have hinted at ever since the season's end about Saban essentially "cleaning house" to get more talented players or "his guys" in place. The clear implication (and sometimes straight out stated plan) was that there were players Saban had identified that one way or the other, were going to be gotten rid of.

Call it sinister if you like. But it's not like a bunch of Aubies sat around and cooked up this idea. We're just repeating statements from your own fans.

ahh, the sound of crickets chirping..............

ahh, the sound of crickets chirping..............

still waiting on the spin............

Why? My response in this thread had to do with THIS THREAD...not some tangent point that Titan wanted to bring up to smear Bama fans.

Why? My response in this thread had to do with THIS THREAD...not some tangent point that Titan wanted to bring up to smear Bama fans.

Because you guys never miss a chance to defend Bama on this board yet are inexplicbally quiet on this topic. And no this isn't just some solitary rant by Titan, this is a legit question about a topic that was preached as gospel shortly before season's end.

Because you guys never miss a chance to defend Bama on this board yet are inexplicbally quiet on this topic. And no this isn't just some solitary rant by Titan, this is a legit question about a topic that was preached as gospel shortly before season's end.

Remember you're talking to BG Wallace, "King of all Bammer Hipocrits". He doesn't like that Bammer has been brought up, but he's the first one to bring Auburn into a conversation when he's getting drubbed in an argument not favorable to Bama.

Remember you're talking to BG Wallace, "King of all Bammer Hipocrits". He doesn't like that Bammer has been brought up, but he's the first one to bring Auburn into a conversation when he's getting drubbed in an argument not favorable to Bama.

The numerous references by Saban and the Mullet Nation to "Cleaning house" never happened. Just like Houndstooth baseball hats don't exist.

But I don't have a comment on that. As I've already stated. I don't speak for all Bama fans, just like they don't speak for me. I never said anything about cleaning house, so I don't understand why I am expected to defend such a statement.

The only thing I ever referred to was the MUCH documented situation of SENIORS having some problems. And have since left it at that.

I don't know why you keep baiting me. I pointed out an error with the ORIGINAL premise of this topic. And now you want me to comment on something which I haven't had any prior stance on? Hell why don't you start another thread talking about something else I have no opinion on...and berate me for not joining in that one too....

But I don't have a comment on that. As I've already stated. I don't speak for all Bama fans, just like they don't speak for me. I never said anything about cleaning house, so I don't understand why I am expected to defend such a statement.

The only thing I ever referred to was the MUCH documented situation of SENIORS having some problems. And have since left it at that.

I don't know why you keep baiting me. I pointed out an error with the ORIGINAL premise of this topic. And now you want me to comment on something which I haven't had any prior stance on? Hell why don't you start another thread talking about something else I have no opinion on...and berate me for not joining in that one too....

Never once did I call on you personally so evidently you do speak for all bama fans. I was just throwing that question out there repeatedly so that one of you would answer it . Normally you guys never let us say anything negative about the tide without some sort of argument. That's the main reason why threads about you guys go on for six pages.

Archived