Teams Likely to Tumble in 2008

Proud Tiger

According to College football News, teams most like to tumble in 2008 (compared to 2007) are:

1. Hawaii

2. Kentucky

3. LSU

4.Oregon St.

5. Virginia

I would guess LSU is on the list thinking that they will not end up ranked high for the BCS NC game. They had two losses in 2007 so it's hard to imagime them losing more than 2-3 this year.

According to College football News, teams most like to tumble in 2008 (compared to 2007) are:

1. Hawaii

2. Kentucky

3. LSU

4.Oregon St.

5. Virginia

I would guess LSU is on the list thinking that they will not end up ranked high for the BCS NC game. They had two losses in 2007 so it's hard to imagime them losing more than 2-3 this year.

They lost a lot of experience on both sides of the ball too. While they may have the talent to replace them, game experience does make a difference. I think they also look at the Perilloux situation and a potential land mine to the team.

I think the rest of the list is pretty accurate.

1. Hawaii - Pretty obvious.

2. Kentucky - I still think they have a shot at a winning season this year, but yes, they'll be markedly worse.

3. LSU - No MNC this year, but they'll still compete for the conference, and get at least 9 wins. I wouldn't have put them on this list.

4.Oregon St. - ??? I didn't even know they were any good last year.

5. Virginia - Just thinking about Virginia football puts me to sleep. Is there a less exciting program anywhere? (my apologies to mcgufcm :) )

Hawaii and Kentucky are obvious. LSU is going to be a little tricky. They lost a lot but they are still a very talented, very dangerous football team. If Perrilloux can keep his antics in check he's still a very talented football player.

LSU won't tumble but they will lose 4 games without RP and 2-3 with RP

Hawaii will not even go bowling

Kentucky won't either. I think Brooks had his special year (well, maybe 2) but I doubt their QB play is the same with Woodsen gone and their recruiting has really not been that great even with their success

Archived