The Bammers steal a recruit away from Vanderbilt and Wake Forest

whiteplainstiger

Bammer got a committment from an offensive lineman named Kellan Williams today. According to scout, his only other offers were from Arkansas, Vanderbilt, and Wake Forest.

Saban has gone from signing the #1 recruiting class in the country to stealing players away from Vanderbilt and Wake Forest. The Bammers really are in for a hard fall.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

of all the knocks you can have on Saban from losses to UAB and ULM to his handling of the media you come across as a complete moron if you try and knock his recruiting.

of all the knocks you can have on Saban from losses to UAB and ULM to his handling of the media you come across as a complete moron if you try and knock his recruiting.

Sadly I agree.

Some of our best players were undervalued, especially their JUNIOR year. The kid has a complete season and you are knocking him for scholarships to two great schools. If Saban or Tubbs waited on other schools to offer before we did we would never get anyone. That is not how you recruit. You see talent that you know fits in and you can develop and offer. It doesn't matter if they have any offers.

Oh yeah we signed a guy in the 2008 class whose biggest offer was from Duke, but I think he has the heart of a lion and will be a fantastic addition. I can't wait to see what he does on campus.

Sadly I agree.

Some of our best players were undervalued, especially their JUNIOR year. The kid has a complete season and you are knocking him for scholarships to two great schools. If Saban or Tubbs waited on other schools to offer before we did we would never get anyone. That is not how you recruit. You see talent that you know fits in and you can develop and offer. It doesn't matter if they have any offers.

Oh yeah we signed a guy in the 2008 class whose biggest offer was from Duke, but I think he has the heart of a lion and will be a fantastic addition. I can't wait to see what he does on campus.

With schools like Duke, Vanderbilt and Wake Forest making these guys offers atleast their grades are probably not an issue. ;)

Bammer got a committment from an offensive lineman named Kellan Williams today. According to scout, his only other offers were from Arkansas, Vanderbilt, and Wake Forest.

Saban has gone from signing the #1 recruiting class in the country to stealing players away from Vanderbilt and Wake Forest. The Bammers really are in for a hard fall.

I see how the selective reporting is working out and how the name FSU :moon: accidentally :moon: got dropped out...

i think you might need to go back and look at some of the guys AU "stole" away from some schools in the 08 class. some only held offers from smaller less successful schools. it doesn't really matter if they can play.

dumbest post of the day award goes to you my friend.

i think you might need to go back and look at some of the guys AU "stole" away from some schools in the 08 class. some only held offers from smaller less successful schools. it doesn't really matter if they can play.

You and the rest of your Bammer buddies made fun of Auburn for recruiting players who only had scholarships from smaller schools. Have you forgotten about that? Why shouldn't Auburn fans make fun of Bammer committments who only receive scholarship offers from smaller schools?

I see how the selective reporting is working out and how the name FSU :moon: accidentally :moon: got dropped out...

You need to work on your reading comprehension skills. I used the scout network as a reference for what scholarship offers this kid has received. The scout network does not Florida State offering a scholarship to Kellen Williams.

Florida State's offensive line has totally sucked in recent years anyway, so stealing a offensive lineman away from them is really nothing to brag about.

You and the rest of your Bammer buddies made fun of Auburn for recruiting players who only had scholarships from smaller schools. Have you forgotten about that? Why shouldn't Auburn fans make fun of Bammer committments who only receive scholarship offers from smaller schools?

please show me where i made fun of AU for offering people who only had offers from smaller schools.

You need to work on your reading comprehension skills. I used the scout network as a reference for what scholarship offers this kid has received. The scout network does not Florida State offering a scholarship to Kellen Williams.

Florida State's offensive line has totally sucked in recent years anyway, so stealing a offensive lineman away from them is really nothing to brag about.

Yes.. Definitely, MY reading comprehension is the problem here....... :roflol:

Wow, you all are getting into it over something really stupid. Where's runswithrocks when you need him???

Scissors, seriously man, if you don't care, and this post is the "dumbest post of the day", let it go and it'll fade to the bottom of the page.

Wow, you all are getting into it over something really stupid. Where's runswithrocks when you need him???

Scissors, seriously man, if you don't care, and this post is the "dumbest post of the day", let it go and it'll fade to the bottom of the page.

you are probably the last person who should be preaching to somebody about dragging out a post.

Sadly I agree.

With schools like Duke, Vanderbilt and Wake Forest making these guys offers atleast their grades are probably not an issue. ;)

Good point!

My parents sit by Williams at the game.

He drives from Georgia every Saturday morning to be in Tuscaloosa and never misses a game. He's Alabama to the core and I'll take that anyday.

He's 6'5", 298 and would beat the door down to be here. I'll take him.

Because we are supposed to be better than them. It is hard to say to Bama people that we have more class when someone makes a dumb statement and then someone else defends it with, "Well they said it first"

I think it also needs to be known that Vandy and Wake weren't the only two schools to offer Williams.

He also held offers from Florida State, Arkansas, Boston College, Maryland, NC State, and Rutgers. This early in the game, seven offers from BCS schools is nothing to scoff at.

I think it also needs to be known that Vandy and Wake weren't the only two schools to offer Williams.

He also held offers from Florida State, Arkansas, Boston College, Maryland, NC State, and Rutgers. This early in the game, seven offers from BCS schools is nothing to scoff at.

Also....UAB and Central Florida, HAHA.

What are you laughing at turd, you can't even get recruites from your own back yard. I believe Bama and Florida did. HAHA

You would be so luck to get a 4 star. Don't worry, there are plenty of ''good character'' guys out there for ya. :moon:

What are you laughing at turd, you can't even get recruites from your own back yard. I believe Bama and Florida did. HAHA

You would be so luck to get a 4 star. Don't worry, there are plenty of ''good character'' guys out there for ya. :moon:

I think it's time the admins/mods gave you a long vacation sonny. A 14 year old really shouldn't be on message boards until school is out for the summer.

Fair game, then.

I guess this means Barrett Trotter won't amount to anything because the only offers he held besides Auburn were Samford, Duke, Troy, and Army. Let's also not forget about the world renowned long snapper with only one offer, Dax Dellenbach. Da'Shaun Barnes? One offer -- Auburn. Ken Adams? Auburn was the only school to offer, as Louisville passed on him. Brandon Smith? Two offers. Auburn and the Thundering Herd of Marshall.

So, here you are making fun of a guy that held offers from 7 BCS schools yet, you refuse to recognize that your previous class consists of a few guys that didn't even sniff a scholarship invitation from the likes of FSU, Arkansas, and BC.

Hypocrisy, thy name is TheProwler.

Well then, I guess this means John Sarah Jessica Parker Wilson will be Rock Star status.......When? Because the offers he held besides Alabama were Clemson, Ole Miss, Miss. State, and Tenn...

Again, HA HA at your new commitment. I wonder if he received those offers before or after he attended the 5 STAR Rivals Camp? Losecrimson, do you think y'all will be competing against Birmingham Southern for some recruits this year but, Rivals will still say that they're 4* players, even though they wouldn't Start at a school similar to Birmingham Southern (read...Tyler Love).

You're making no sense and looking for a flame war at the same time. Congrats.

Nobody said anything about John Parker Wilson. He held 4 offers outside of Alabama. Whoop-de-doo. What's your point?

And what's this about Love and Birmingham Southern? That's a foolish statement to throw out there, considering I just provided an example where one of your signees was pursued by cross-town Samford.

You say we're going to be competing against 1-AA schools for recruits after we just signed the nation's top class. That's rich.

Well then, I guess this means John Sarah Jessica Parker Wilson will be Rock Star status.......When? Because the offers he held besides Alabama were Clemson, Ole Miss, Miss. State, and Tenn...

Again, HA HA at your new commitment. I wonder if he received those offers before or after he attended the 5 STAR Rivals Camp? Losecrimson, do you think y'all will be competing against Birmingham Southern for some recruits this year but, Rivals will still say that they're 4* players, even though they wouldn't Start at a school similar to Birmingham Southern (read...Tyler Love).

nobody said he is going to be the next best thing since sliced bread. its funny that you are quick to remind Alabama fans that we shouldn't puff our chests about our recruiting class because they haven't proven themselves in college ball yet, but you are real quick to say somebody is no good when they haven't had a chance to play the first down of college football.

Archived