Dre Kirkpatrick

AUTigerWDE

Tana Patrick is probably wide open between Auburn, Alabama, and Georgia. Nico Johnson is probably a lock to end up at Bammer. Dre Kirkpatrick and Kendall Kelly are probably leaning to Bammer right now, but that could still change.

Tubs is going to have to begin to try harder to get players like these or the Bammers are going to maintain control of in-state players. Perhaps he can recruit this year besides going duck hunting and haggling over his contract.

Tubs is going to have to begin to try harder to get players like these or the Bammers are going to maintain control of in-state players. Perhaps he can recruit this year besides going duck hunting and haggling over his contract.

You seem like quite the Debbie Downer from this post and the other recruiting post you made in the other thread.

Perhaps you could shut up instead of launching into cynical mode 3+ months before football season even starts.

Tana Patrick is probably wide open between Auburn, Alabama, and Georgia. Nico Johnson is probably a lock to end up at Bammer. Dre Kirkpatrick and Kendall Kelly are probably leaning to Bammer right now, but that could still change.

He is staying in-state per Rivals.com Recruiting Writer Chad Simmons. Chad believes he is a slight Bama lead but of course that could change.

Dre went to a recent Rivals camp and got beat pretty badly by a few players from what I read though I don't think that means too much as with the right coaching he seems like a good player

I thought I remember reading some posts here that when he and Harris came for visits, Dre was pro Auburn. I thought someone here said that he was really into the game and cheering for AU while Harris was pretty reserved.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.................. :au::homer:

43.......really dude!! You've got to quit looking at things from such a small world perspective. CTT had to make the "negotiation" move in order to get the facilities upgrades needed in order to keep up in the SEC fACILITIES ARMS RACE. If you want to question something... then wonder why he had to go to such extremes to get what he needed...hmmmmm.

One of the attractions for AU is the family atmosphere that CTT has created. The coaches/players get along very well. I'll trust CTT that if he thinks a duck hunting trip helps to keep the famly close, then that's good enough for me. If missing a couple of days recruiting after the Bama game weekend and during HS playoffs is going to affect our recruiting status, then we aren't doing it corectly anyway.

If you are one of those guys that is worried about what CN$ is doing, then the secret is that CN$ got his edge on everyone else last year during the spring when he held "rock star" autograph signing sessions at several HS's while "visiting" to watch a players "practice" and then "accidently" meeting the players, their teachers, parents and friends. Of course, he signed autographs for all of them. The $aban rule will severly limit his ability to do that this year.

I would rather CTT spend time cultivating the family atmosphere than trying to find ways to skirt the rules. CTT's methods will always win out over time. The CN$ methods will eventually backfire over time. Read Dennis Dodd's comments on CTT at CBS Sportsline .com.

All four will likely wind up at Alabama.

You are correct - there is a very good (to great) chance that they end up at Alabama. The funny thing is that if people truly followed recruiting they would not be shocked by this. Going into this year it was almost a given that Nico, Dre, and Kelly would all end up at the crapstone. The other LB may go to UGA but you never know.

I have to laugh when people get so upset about kids in this state going to Alabama. There are very few years when Auburn has been able to pull the top kids in this state. Carnell was an exception, not the rule. Even when Bo decided to go to AU it was because we offered him as a RB and UAT offered as a linebacker. These kids grow up Alabama fans unless their parents went to AU. I work with 80% Alabama fans. I went to a Hoover Pre-Graduation deal over this weekend...I would say 75% of the families were Alabama fans.

Look at our team... The stars on the team: Kodi (ARK), Fannin (GA), Lee (ARK), Lester (GA)...etc most are not from the state. Look at the recents NFL players from AU: Carnell - AL; Marcus M, C Rogers, Ronnie B - GA (I think); J Cam, Groves - Miss...

We make a living out of getting players from Georgia, FL, and a few from AL and Miss. What has hurt us more than Alabama is Georgia. Their coach has all but locked down the state's top players.

Archived