Assassination is so darn funny...

TexasTiger

I don't know that lady, but she isn't a Fox News employee or anything that I know of. Sounds like an off hand, bad taste remark made by a guest rather than Fox "joking about killing Obama."

I don't know that lady, but she isn't a Fox News employee or anything that I know of. Sounds like an off hand, bad taste remark made by a guest rather than Fox "joking about killing Obama."

Yes she is:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,34775,00.html

And the host just joked it off.

Is a "contributor" the same as being an employee of Fox News? Either way, Fox can't control what she says, but can only apologize for it and keep her off the air from now on. I think it was in poor taste also.

However, I love how liberals bash Fox News, but most still will swear that CNN is unbiased. I will admit that Fox has a conservative slant, but will liberals ever admit that CNN, and some other mainstream outlets, have a liberal slant? Is Fox attacked so much by liberals because they don't follow the status quo? As a matter of fact I don't know recall liberals being very vocal in calling for Dan Rather's apology or resignation.

Just sayin' Tex. :P

Is a "contributor" the same as being an employee of Fox News? Either way, Fox can't control what she says, but can only apologize for it and keep her off the air from now on. I think it was in poor taste also.

However, I love how liberals bash Fox News, but most still will swear that CNN is unbiased. I will admit that Fox has a conservative slant, but will liberals ever admit that CNN, and some other mainstream outlets, have a liberal slant? Is Fox attacked so much by liberals because they don't follow the status quo? As a matter of fact I don't know recall liberals being very vocal in calling for Dan Rather's apology or resignation.

Yes, I know. We can't even address a comment by a Fox contributor as heinous as this one without talking about librul media bias. Let's see...CNN has given soapboxes to Lou Dobbs, Glenn Beck and Nancy Grace. CNN sux in general. Fox News is run by GHW Bush's campaign manager. There's no real comparison.

Keith Olbermann on MSNBC is the only overtly left-slanted guy with a show on cable news.

Now, let's not sidetrack this thread, shall we? If CNN had said this about McCain or Dubya, the Right would be going ballistic.

Yes, I know. We can't even address a comment by a Fox contributor as heinous as this one without talking about librul media bias. Let's see...CNN has given soapboxes to Lou Dobbs, Glenn Beck and Nancy Grace. CNN sux in general. Fox News is run by GHW Bush's campaign manager. There's no real comparison.

Keith Olbermann on MSNBC is the only overtly left-slanted guy with a show on cable news.

Now, let's not sidetrack this thread, shall we? If CNN had said this about McCain or Dubya, the Right would be going ballistic.

Olberman is not left leaning. Stephen Colbert is right wing, and CCTAU needs his own show on MSNBC( which has Joe Scarborough)

Yes she is:

The 'host' likely was so nervous at what they just heard, they didn't' know what else to do. Cut her some slack, how about ? As for Liz , here's her story....

Liz Trotta is the former New York bureau chief of The Washington Times and is a contributor for FOX News Channel.

The author of Fighting for Air: In the Trenches with Television News, Trotta was the first woman to cover a war for broadcast news.

She began her career in journalism in 1965 working for the NBC affiliate in New York and won network recognition by taking on tough assignments including covering the Vietnam War and 1984 presidential candidate, George McGovern. ( I had forgotten McGovern ran again in '84. :blink: )

Trotta has worked for Hillman Periodicals; Inter-Catholic Press Agency; Long Island Press; Chicago Tribune; Newsday; NBC and CBS. She has taught Journalism at Stern College of Yeshiva University.

The winner of three Emmy awards and two Overseas Press Club awards, Trotta is a graduate of Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism.

Yes she is:

The 'host' likely was so nervous at what they just heard, they didn't' know what else to do. Cut her some slack, how about ?

Are your referring to the host as "her"? If so, cut him some slack. B)

Olberman is not left leaning. Stephen Colbert is right wing, and CCTAU needs his own show on MSNBC( which has Joe Scarborough)

You're right. Olbermann doesn't just lean left. He's built a house smackdab in the middle of Leftville.

And if you think Colbert is right-wing on his show, you need to quit sniffing glue.

You're right. Olbermann doesn't just lean left. He's built a house smackdab in the middle of Leftville.

And if you think Colbert is right-wing on his show, you need to quit sniffing glue.

Attempt at humor.

You give some pretty daffy answers that half the time are barely related to the subject at hand. It's kinda hard to tell when you're serious.

Or hillary about the robert kennedy assassination. Didn't think what hillary said was a big deal. Poorly said, but no bad intent. Funny how the media attacked her for it. They are so probama it's ridiculous.

To those who want to pick nits over contributor vs. guest, Fox vs. CNN, etc.

LINK

If joking about assassination was a bad idea then...

Archived