Remember the video of the guy going crazy in the office?

Tigermike

It was posted somewhere here, I couldn't find it but here is the rest of the story.

Timur Bekmambetov Punks the World With Viral Video

by Elisabeth Rappe Jun 10th 2008 // 9:02AM

For a few weeks now, a grainy video has been circling the Internet of an office worker going absolutely insane. It originated on Break.com, and I've included it after the jump for your critical enjoyment.

Those fearing that their cubicle neighbor might engage in similar hysterics can breathe easy -- it was all a sly bit of viral marketing from Timur Bekmambetov for Wanted. He revealed the stunt over on his personal blog, where he allegedly had a good laugh at the gullibility of the West. I'm not seeing any geographic mockery here, so quite possibly he took that down.

I'm awful at translating anything, but the only entry I see is just a convoluted explanation as to how the theme of the film is about escaping your everyday life. A better explanation may have been that it evokes the bloody office scenes from the film (as seen in the Russian trailer), but obviously, that kind of simplistic thinking is why I am not a director!

I find it all kind of funny -- mostly because I don't really get the point of viral marketing so unrelated to your film that you have to explain it on your personal blog. However, the scary part of the video was its believability. If Bekmambetov really thinks Western media believed it because we were gullible, he should work for a day at my old office job. Good lord.

Wanted opens June 27th. Don't get so excited by the film that you throw a computer monitor at someone!

http://www.cinematical.com/2008/06/10/timu...th-viral-video/

Archived