Rich Rod agrees to pay $4M

PChamp119

SI.com

To those who seem to expect that if the head coach leaves its university and should not expect to pay the buyout according to contract, read up.

I still don't get why his michigan contract didn't include the WVU buyout. That just seems dumb to me. Why would you ever knowingly take a job anywhere if it might cost you 4 mil? Good luck with that michigan.

I still don't get why his michigan contract didn't include the WVU buyout. That just seems dumb to me. Why would you ever knowingly take a job anywhere if it might cost you 4 mil? Good luck with that michigan.

I don't know but he was smart enough not to take the bama job.

well, i guess we can now put a price on one's own sanity.

well, i guess we can now put a price on one's own sanity.

Awwwwwww c'mon...everybody knows there ain't no Sanity Clause....

:au::homer:

I couldn't help but laugh at this one post about Rodriguez over on Tidefans, however:

http://www.tidefans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73012

Re: WVU: Rodriguez agrees to pay $4M

Every time I see this kind of stuff about once-potential coaches, I say, "There, but by the grace God, go we". Not talking about the $ necessarily, but the additional bad pub we would have heaped on us by the media had he come to the U.

Yeah....heaven forbid they get a Coach in Tuscaloosa that brings 'em bad press! :roflol:

Im assuming that michigan alums finally decide to pay up some $$ to aid in the buy out.

I bet the only reason he was going through all this was michigan left him hanging on the buy out and wouldn't help him.

You act like $4M is a lot of money. Especially at places like Michigan, it isn't.

You act like $4M is a lot of money. Especially at places like Michigan, it isn't.

as i understand it rich is responsible for the 4mil, not michigan.

I'm sure Michigan will cover it. I am sure Rodriguez thought about the buyout before signing the dotted line. I'd be shocked if UM didn't say "we'll pay it for you if you have to, but we'll fight it."

If they don't pay it, he should just leave Michigan when he gets the chance. Michigan will want to keep him happy in the short term.

Plus Rod will not have to pay it in one lump sum.

WVU to pay $2.5M + Legal Fees

Article says he owes $1.5M annually over 3 years starting in 2010. Isn't that $4.5M? Interest? And why so belated?

I read this as RR will pay $1.5 mil over 3 annual payments or $500k/year. Michigan will pay $2.5 in July plus the legal fees. This is done by Michigan so RR focus on his duties at hand. Geesh!

WVU to pay $2.5M + Legal Fees

Article says he owes $1.5M annually over 3 years starting in 2010. Isn't that $4.5M? Interest? And why so belated?

I read this as RR will pay $1.5 mil over 3 annual payments or $500k/year. Michigan will pay $2.5 in July plus the legal fees. This is done by Michigan so RR focus on his duties at hand. Geesh!

That's right but his link says WVU pays 2.5. Just a typo I guess.

I am sure RR will be sleeping with a new cheerleader soon

May take a while....good lookng Michigan women are not real plentiful.

I am sure RR will be sleeping with a new cheerleader soon

May take a while....good lookng Michigan women are not real plentiful.

When I was in Detroit I went to Ann Arbor several times and came to a conclusion

You either have butt-ass ugly girls or beautiful ones. There is no in between or middle ground.

Archived