The turds are apparently stacked....LOL

The Prowler

"Not a lot of people look at the 2008 Alabama team as a serious championship contender. But they haven’t talked to center Antoine Caldwell, who passed up an opportunity to leave early for the NFL."

"I feel like we were going to have a really good season, and there were relationships that I was going to miss,” Caldwell said.” I'm really big on not regretting anything. If I was in NFL training camp right now, I'd be thinking, ‘Shoot, Alabama is stacked this year and going to win the SEC championship and I'm going to miss it.’”

:roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol:

The bammers have players in the NFL??? LMFAO

win the SEC Championship? Really? WOW...just WOW. RWS or BG must be giving the crimson $abban players some of what they've been drinking.

Anything less than a SEC title should be considered a let down. B)

Boy if I nickel every time I have heard that one.

Get ready for a big letdown in 08 then.

Bama is going to be back for the 7th consecutive season. Probably right around the TN game, and then they'll be smacked right back to reality when they travel to Death Valley.

Damn what a moron! He should have said, "I should have left early, not be drafted, and could working at Pizza Hut by now! It's a good thing I left, hell, Bama won't win 2 games next year. The aren't stacked at all!"

Damn what a moron! He should have said, "I should have left early, not be drafted, and could working at Pizza Hut by now! It's a good thing I left, hell, Bama won't win 2 games next year. The aren't stacked at all!"

Sorry kid..... but reversing the logic of the conversation isn't working. Either that or your delusion is showing also.

If he had said..."I'm going back to help Bama win 8 games, visit a bowl city other than Shreveport and continue the process and improve my draft status", then he could be considered reasonable. His comments were delusional.

"Not a lot of people look at the 2008 Alabama team as a serious championship contender. But they haven’t talked to center Antoine Caldwell, who passed up an opportunity to leave early for the NFL."

"I feel like we were going to have a really good season, and there were relationships that I was going to miss,” Caldwell said.” I'm really big on not regretting anything. If I was in NFL training camp right now, I'd be thinking, ‘Shoot, Alabama is stacked this year and going to win the SEC championship and I'm going to miss it.’”

:roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol:

The bammers have players in the NFL??? LMFAO

win the SEC Championship? Really? WOW...just WOW. RWS or BG must be giving the crimson $abban players some of what they've been drinking.

I have to be honest, I could see Alabama winning the West.

Do I think it happens? Possibly. Not likely but possibly

And when you get to the SECCG, anything is possible

I don't really see too much wrong with what he says.

Alabama does have some good talent on the team

Bama has too many holes on defense and until I see the "new" JPW perform, I can't give them credit. Bama should get better as the season progresses.

Bama has too many holes on defense and until I see the "new" JPW perform, I can't give them credit. Bama should get better as the season progresses.

we don't really have alot of holes, i think the only real question mark is the LB corps. hopefully we will be pleasantly surprised with a few of our freshman LB like we were with Rolando last year. i think our LBs will be absolutely sick in the next two years. last season i thought it would be our offense keeping us in games and the D would be sort of weak, but it certainly turned out different. i don't think the defense was able to do some of the stunts and other things that are normal with a CNS defense, but hopefully that will change this year. i still think they met or exceeded the expectation i had last season. i agree with you on the JPW thing though. maybe he will be able to get the cobwebs out of his head this season.

I agree on JPW. I have said numerous times that JPW has some real mental issues that I do not like as he just checks out of some games and plays terribly. That to me means Alabama will at best go 10-2 but more likely 9-3/8-4 as I expect JPW to have several struggling games. But, I also think that Alabama will benefit from getting rid of Major Applewhite and dealing with one OC and one system along with JPW who does have a lot of SEC experience.

As for their D, you are correct. They only return 6 guys but I still expect the new guys to be better than some expect as the 2nd year in Saban's D will reap benefits for those that got to learn it last year and finally have the plays in their heads as it can be EXTREMELY complicated. Extremely.

A big plus I see for Bama is that their entire DL returns but their LB's are a huge question mark

I agree on JPW. I have said numerous times that JPW has some real mental issues that I do not like as he just checks out of some games and plays terribly. That to me means Alabama will at best go 10-2 but more likely 9-3/8-4 as I expect JPW to have several struggling games. But, I also think that Alabama will benefit from getting rid of Major Applewhite and dealing with one OC and one system along with JPW who does have a lot of SEC experience.

As for their D, you are correct. They only return 6 guys but I still expect the new guys to be better than some expect as the 2nd year in Saban's D will reap benefits for those that got to learn it last year and finally have the plays in their heads as it can be EXTREMELY complicated. Extremely.

A big plus I see for Bama is that their entire DL returns but their LB's are a huge question mark

apparently they have "tweaked the offense" to make the reads easier. So, their senior QB had to have the offense dumbed down for him? yep, their stacked alright....

apparently they have "tweaked the offense" to make the reads easier. So, their senior QB had to have the offense dumbed down for him? yep, their stacked alright....

don't hate about senior QB performances. from what i remember, Cox wasn't a world beater last season either. i guess somebody should have dumbed it down for him.

Cox didn't need anything dumbed down. The guy could read defenses and audible very well. BCox had a weak arm and(except for RSmith) Wr's that wouldn't come back to the ball and fight for the ball(see: DJ HALL). As each game progressed, the oposition would slowly move the db's closer and closer to the line of scrimmage andwe still couldn't throw the ball over them. This limited what the offense was able to do........until!.........the end of the game when the defenses backed up into a nickel,gave BCox room to throw underneath and drive for a score.

All those defenses had to do was not go into a nickel.

Cox didn't need anything dumbed down. The guy could read defenses and audible very well. BCox had a weak arm and(except for RSmith) Wr's that wouldn't come back to the ball and fight for the ball(see: DJ HALL). As each game progressed, the oposition would slowly move the db's closer and closer to the line of scrimmage andwe still couldn't throw the ball over them. This limited what the offense was able to do........until!.........the end of the game when the defenses backed up into a nickel,gave BCox room to throw underneath and drive for a score.

All those defenses had to do was not go into a nickel.

sooooooo.........you guys subbed out your SR QB for a freshman in the MSU game because MSU wouldn't go into a nickel package?

Archived