Chalk up another...

Ashandarei

Rod Woodson, safety from Mississippi. 5'11 200.

Offers from Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida State, Louisville, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Michigan, Tennessee among others.

Sorry if info is already up.

it wouldn't be surprising if he ended up a LB

No doubt... I think he will end up there.

Dude, did you hear about the vertical jump he recorded at the camp he was in? 44.6 inches. That's insane.

it wouldn't be surprising if he ended up a LB

No doubt... I think he will end up there.

Dude, did you hear about the vertical jump he recorded at the camp he was in? 44.6 inches. That's insane.

i think that was a typo. his actual jump was 41.6". they wanted to make sure so they made him rejump three more times and he jumped within 1" of that each time. he ran a 4.92 40 and a 4.52 shuttle, had a score of 88.25 which was the highest in the camp. this was at the Nike SPARQ camp on 7-17-07. he may have improved some numbers since then, who knows.

4.92 40?

Yeesh. You better hope he's improved that by now.

like i said, i really think this guy will end up at LB. has the size, the frame, loves to hit, etc. but for his size, the kid can jump.

4.92 40?

Yeesh. You better hope he's improved that by now.

like i said, i really think this guy will end up at LB. has the size, the frame, loves to hit, etc. but for his size, the kid can jump.

4.92 is really slow for a 200 lb. LB. I mean, Nick Fairley, a 289 lb. DT for us runs a 4.89. Eltoro Freeman is a 218 lb. LB and runs a 4.5.

That number can't be right.

Actually, I just went to Rivals and they said he runs a 4.5. That sounds more like LB speed. No way a LB running 4.92 would be a 3-star.

Wooson will be a 4 star when it's all said and done. Rivals hasn't gotten his film yet.

The guy is a freak.

Wow!

Just Wow!

:moon:

Wooson will be a 4 star when it's all said and done. Rivals hasn't gotten his film yet.

The guy is a freak.

I have spent time in the main HQ at Rivals and their film room is very nice

The guy is a freak.

I have spent time in the main HQ at Rivals and their film room is very nice

Was everyone there wearing a Bama hat and constantly going on and on about how much they hate Auburn? <_<

FYI, I interviewed with Rivals.com for a position there when I graduated from UGA as a journalism major/newspaper

I got a job offer but I decided for law school as the pay at Rivals and even their ceiling pay was just too darn low. Really unbelievable how little they pay

Great office though in Brentwood and the building itself used to be where Microsoft SunSystems used to be located so they built it up nicely before Rivals moved in.

I always suspected they paid their writers very little. It seems like Rivals is a good jumping off point, not a destination, for a sports journalism career.

For many, it is a great job to start off. I just knew that I didn't want to be in that profession for longer than a few years

I enjoyed talking to most of them.

I did sense a little bias having had lunch with a few of them but it was more towards the SEC rather than any specific team. One specific writer absolutely detested the SEC but I won't say who

Archived