Patrick Crump has left the building

WAR-MATT

UAT olineman from Hoover in 07'. UAT fans and media made out that he was a better prospect than Pugh.....

I guess now Saban can fit almost all of the remaining 26 signees sent from Mount Olympus.

So much for him being better than Ryan Pugh..... B)

he's going to be leaving because of medical issues, bone and joint problems. way to be a jerk about a kid not being able to play and having his career ruined because of something he has absolutely no control over.

he's going to be leaving because of medical issues, bone and joint problems. way to be a jerk about a kid not being able to play and having his career ruined because of something he has absolutely no control over.

No, being a jerk is all the bama fans talking the trash about RP. I heard Crump is going JUCO next year and transferring back to a lower tier D1 school.

No, being a jerk is all the bama fans talking the trash about RP. I heard Crump is going JUCO next year and transferring back to a lower tier D1 school.

comparing the skills of recruit or player X to recruit or player Y is in a totally different ballpark than making light of or using the "cool" emoticon about a kid being forced to give up his dreams due to medical reasons. i guarantee you that if i made a crack at Chaz Ramsey in that thread like you did here, i would have been slammed.

comparing the skills of recruit or player X to recruit or player Y is in a totally different ballpark than making light of or using the "cool" emoticon about a kid being forced to give up his dreams due to medical reasons. i guarantee you that if i made a crack at Chaz Ramsey in that thread like you did here, i would have been slammed.

It's making fun of you TURDS not the kid. The emoticon had nothing to do with Crump and if you don't like it, leave..... B)

It's making fun of you TURDS not the kid. The emoticon had nothing to do with Crump and if you don't like it, leave..... B)

oh, wait, i can finish that sentence; "....because this is an AUBURN board!!!! SIX!!!!!!". a kid's skill has nothing to do with a medical problem, so i don't see how you think you are making fun of us "turds". this thread was meant for nothing but flamebait in the first place.

oh, wait, i can finish that sentence; "....because this is an AUBURN board!!!! SIX!!!!!!". a kid's skill has nothing to do with a medical problem, so i don't see how you think you are making fun of us "turds". this thread was meant for nothing but flamebait in the first place.

:cry3:

sorry, i couldn't resist.....

RWS,

justin-timberlake-cry-me-a-river.jpg:cry3:

RWS,

justin-timberlake-cry-me-a-river.jpg:cry3:

thats cool, just remember this thread the next time an AU player gets hurt or his career is ended because of an injury. those of you that think its ok to get a potshot in on a kid because of a medical issue are pathetic.

What exactly is wrong with the kid, RWS?

apparently he has some pretty bad bone and joint problems, mainly in his legs i think. i don't know the exact name of what is wrong with him, sorry. it isn't a new situation as his condition was known about during his recruitment, but apparently it has gotten worse and did not work out the way they wanted. hate it for the kid because he probably won't be able to make a career out of this.

Here is how the Alabama faithful treat the unlucky kids that get hurt and can't fulfill their dreams.

Here is how the Alabama faithful treat the unlucky kids that get hurt and can't fulfill their dreams.

yeah, there are a few jerks in that thread. then you have the guys saying stuff like

Regardless of his intelligence or the fact he played for Auburn, I, for one, feel bad for the kid. He in all likelihood has lost his ability to earn a living the way he best knows how. Personal attacks on his intelligence and working for a burger stand are a little tasteless.

That sucks. He was a strong runner. At least $1.7M was guaranteed.

This all seems a bit premature by the Bengals. I imagine that they must feel that his knee injury is something extremely serious that he may never fully recover from. It's hard to see the Bengals doing something this dramatic at this juncture if this is just your plain jane ACL tear.

anybody who would even come close to making a crack about a guy's career being ended by an injury is a sad person.

So, Crump's medical condition is so bad that he can't play at UAT, but he's good to go at JUCO or a smaller 4 year program? Weird stuff happens in Tuskaloser these days.

So, Crump's medical condition is so bad that he can't play at UAT, but he's good to go at JUCO or a smaller 4 year program? Weird stuff happens in Tuskaloser these days.

i never heard anything about him playing football if he transfers out from the guy i talked to. if its a risk he and whatever program he goes to is willing to take, then thats their deal. its sort of like Zeke Knight. he wanted to go play for another program because UA won't let him play. now if they would have done that, that is at their own risk and frankly highly irresponsible. same with Crump. if he is medically disqualified at UA, its not etched in stone that he couldn't go play for some JUCO or something. if some other team wants to take that responsibility then thats on them. but it wouldn't be responsible for UA to allow him to play knowing that it could cause him serious damage.

RWS, where are you getting this info? I heard that Crump was leaving because his playing time did not look good because of a bad work ethic and has nothing to do with some medical issue beyond his control. However, I have heard he keeps using an old injury as an excuse to not put out as much as the other offensive linemen in practice.

Also, Matt was poking fun at all the bammers that were talking trash about Crump being better then Pugh, not making fun of Crump. To use an old 80s phrase "take a chill pill".

RWS, where are you getting this info? I heard that Crump was leaving because his playing time did not look good because of a bad work ethic and has nothing to do with some medical issue beyond his control. However, I have heard he keeps using an old injury as an excuse to not put out as much as the other offensive linemen in practice.

Also, Matt was poking fun at all the bammers that were talking trash about Crump being better then Pugh, not making fun of Crump. To use an old 80s phrase "take a chill pill".

C'mon Ranger you know where he gets his info. At his Friday night slumber parties gossiping with WhoLeeOhh and CNS while they braid each others hair. B)

The UA page from www.al.com has some interesting quotes on it. RWS, did you consult with Coach Propst about why he was leaving?

Goodbye Patrick Crump...

Posted by Ian R. Rapoport -- Birmingham News July 30, 2008 11:21 PM

Categories: Football

Saying goodbye...

Before Alabama players officially report Thursday, let's take a sneak peak at some news you'll learn when they do... Patrick Crump, a redshirt freshman lineman from Hoover, has decided he's done playing football. You'll see a note about it in tomorrow's Birmingham News, though Crump told coach Nick Saban a week ago.

I spoke with former Hoover Bucs coach Rush Propst (he confirmed it) about it tonight, and he was taking it pretty hard. Crump sat out last year while redshirting, but Propst had high hopes for the 6-foot-3, 267-pounder.

"It disappoints me," Propst told me earlier tonight. "And I think when you're in that position, you let a lot of people down. How many other kids would want that opportunity? It's tough to see a kid, who I think has tremendous ability, just throw it away."

So, I asked, why did he quit?

"From what I understand, his heart wasn't in it," said Propst, who is now the coach at Colquitt County High's in Georgia. "It takes a tough person and a lot of commitment. If you're not committed, you can't do it."

I tried a bunch of times to reach the Crump family this week, but to no avail. UA haven't confirmed it yet. By the way, that means Alabama now has 60 players on scholarship, meaning it can enroll 25 signees. We'll hear more, I'm sure, from Saban about the numbers Thursday morning.

Can we get RWS one of those checkered UAT hats with extra gravy? B)

The UA page from www.al.com has some interesting quotes on it. RWS, did you consult with Coach Propst about why he was leaving?

Goodbye Patrick Crump...

Posted by Ian R. Rapoport -- Birmingham News July 30, 2008 11:21 PM

Categories: Football

Saying goodbye...

Before Alabama players officially report Thursday, let's take a sneak peak at some news you'll learn when they do... Patrick Crump, a redshirt freshman lineman from Hoover, has decided he's done playing football. You'll see a note about it in tomorrow's Birmingham News, though Crump told coach Nick Saban a week ago.

I spoke with former Hoover Bucs coach Rush Propst (he confirmed it) about it tonight, and he was taking it pretty hard. Crump sat out last year while redshirting, but Propst had high hopes for the 6-foot-3, 267-pounder.

"It disappoints me," Propst told me earlier tonight. "And I think when you're in that position, you let a lot of people down. How many other kids would want that opportunity? It's tough to see a kid, who I think has tremendous ability, just throw it away."

So, I asked, why did he quit?

"From what I understand, his heart wasn't in it," said Propst, who is now the coach at Colquitt County High's in Georgia. "It takes a tough person and a lot of commitment. If you're not committed, you can't do it."

I tried a bunch of times to reach the Crump family this week, but to no avail. UA haven't confirmed it yet. By the way, that means Alabama now has 60 players on scholarship, meaning it can enroll 25 signees. We'll hear more, I'm sure, from Saban about the numbers Thursday morning.

Can we get RWS one of those checkered UAT hats with extra gravy? B)

hey, its the info i got from my guy who is usually never wrong about this stuff.....so sue me. i didn't see you dispute it.

hey, its the info i got from my guy who is usually never wrong about this stuff.....so sue me. i didn't see you dispute it.

Solid, you are kidding, right? Dispute what?

Archived