Patrick Crump has left the building

WAR-MATT

The UA page from www.al.com has some interesting quotes on it. RWS, did you consult with Coach Propst about why he was leaving?

Goodbye Patrick Crump...

Posted by Ian R. Rapoport -- Birmingham News July 30, 2008 11:21 PM

Categories: Football

Saying goodbye...

Before Alabama players officially report Thursday, let's take a sneak peak at some news you'll learn when they do... Patrick Crump, a redshirt freshman lineman from Hoover, has decided he's done playing football. You'll see a note about it in tomorrow's Birmingham News, though Crump told coach Nick Saban a week ago.

I spoke with former Hoover Bucs coach Rush Propst (he confirmed it) about it tonight, and he was taking it pretty hard. Crump sat out last year while redshirting, but Propst had high hopes for the 6-foot-3, 267-pounder.

"It disappoints me," Propst told me earlier tonight. "And I think when you're in that position, you let a lot of people down. How many other kids would want that opportunity? It's tough to see a kid, who I think has tremendous ability, just throw it away."

So, I asked, why did he quit?

"From what I understand, his heart wasn't in it," said Propst, who is now the coach at Colquitt County High's in Georgia. "It takes a tough person and a lot of commitment. If you're not committed, you can't do it."

I tried a bunch of times to reach the Crump family this week, but to no avail. UA haven't confirmed it yet. By the way, that means Alabama now has 60 players on scholarship, meaning it can enroll 25 signees. We'll hear more, I'm sure, from Saban about the numbers Thursday morning.

Can we get RWS one of those checkered UAT hats with extra gravy? B)

hey, its the info i got from my guy who is usually never wrong about this stuff.....so sue me. i didn't see you dispute it.

What do you call the JUCO comments? Face it your info was/is wrong. So go back to BsOL and get you some more inside info.

The UA page from www.al.com has some interesting quotes on it. RWS, did you consult with Coach Propst about why he was leaving?

Goodbye Patrick Crump...

Saying goodbye...

Before Alabama players officially report Thursday, let's take a sneak peak at some news you'll learn when they do... Patrick Crump, a redshirt freshman lineman from Hoover, has decided he's done playing football. You'll see a note about it in tomorrow's Birmingham News, though Crump told coach Nick Saban a week ago.

I spoke with former Hoover Bucs coach Rush Propst (he confirmed it) about it tonight, and he was taking it pretty hard. Crump sat out last year while redshirting, but Propst had high hopes for the 6-foot-3, 267-pounder.

"It disappoints me," Propst told me earlier tonight. "And I think when you're in that position, you let a lot of people down. How many other kids would want that opportunity? It's tough to see a kid, who I think has tremendous ability, just throw it away."

"From what I understand, his heart wasn't in it," said Propst, who is now the coach at Colquitt County High's in Georgia. "It takes a tough person and a lot of commitment. If you're not committed, you can't do it."

I tried a bunch of times to reach the Crump family this week, but to no avail. UA haven't confirmed it yet. By the way, that means Alabama now has 60 players on scholarship, meaning it can enroll 25 signees. We'll hear more, I'm sure, from Saban about the numbers Thursday morning.

hey, its the info i got from my guy who is usually never wrong about this stuff.....so sue me. i didn't see you dispute it.

What do you call the JUCO comments? Face it your info was/is wrong. So go back to BsOL and get you some more inside info.

the info i posted about Oakley the other week was pretty accurate and that was from him also, so i'll go with 1/2. ;) and sorry, i'm not The Prowler.....i don't get my info from BOL. actually, there are only two posters there i would believe about things and thats because i know they are local coaches and i know how they know what they know.

So, the bottom line is that the kid the bammers claimed was better than Ryan Pugh is actually a non-motivated quitter. That's par for the course: "Delusional, thy name is Bamzo".

Goodbye Patrick Crump...

Saying goodbye...

the info i posted about Oakley the other week was pretty accurate and that was from him also, so i'll go with 1/2. ;) and sorry, i'm not The Prowler.....i don't get my info from BOL. actually, there are only two posters there i would believe about things and thats because i know they are local coaches and i know how they know what they know.

Congratulations you proved your a complete idiot......Again

How are Helen and Andy taking this?

Gomer is beside himself...and has turned into a Goober over it. :)

:au::homer:

"See guys.... I told you the numbers will somehow work themselves out, we just had to be a little more creative this time. This is how the 'Process' works....Aight?" - Coach $

Archived