Obama "Puts the fire out"

jw 4 au

I thought Obama was supposed to reach across the aisles, be a man of bi-partisan legislation, change Washington with Hope, etc. He says one thing, and his followers eat it up word for word; but his actions and candid comments (outside of a debate or on his webpage) speak otherwise! There are VOTERS who actually think this guy is not the most liberal man on Capitol Hill!

Berman: You're a very persuasive man, you have a certain amount of influence with your own party, could you have done more, should you have done more, before the House vote yesterday to lobby for votes?

Obama: Oh, absolutely, not because -- if you think about it, there was a deal struck between [House Speaker] Nancy Pelosi and Republican [Minority House] leader [John] Boehner. The Democrats were supposed to get 120 votes, they got 140 so there was no sense on the Democratic side that we weren't following through on our commitments and apparently there were some problems on that side. I don't think me calling House Republican members would have been that helpful, I tend not to be that persuasive on that side of the aisle.

You don't say! :rolleyes:

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Vote2008/st...2487&page=1

This can be used as a flame thrower in the next two debates.

I've sort of boiled down my opposition to Obama to a couple of things. First is his views on the sanctity of human life, the details of which are well documented on this forum. But second is a broader one. There's just a big contrast to me in what he says and how he votes. When he speaks, I'm hopeful because he's not nasty, but rather he's actually conciliatory. He talks of respecting others views and reaching across the aisle. But his votes are pretty much boilerplate liberal Democrat votes with only a few exceptions. He may listen to people who disagree with him, but it doesn't seem to affect how he votes much at all.

In short, he talks like a moderate but votes like a liberal. And while I may be slightly to the left of most Republicans on this board on certain issues, I'm no liberal. And no matter what he says, I have to go with how he votes.

I've sort of boiled down my opposition to Obama to a couple of things. First is his views on the sanctity of human life, the details of which are well documented on this forum. But second is a broader one. There's just a big contrast to me in what he says and how he votes. When he speaks, I'm hopeful because he's not nasty, but rather he's actually conciliatory. He talks of respecting others views and reaching across the aisle. But his votes are pretty much boilerplate liberal Democrat votes with only a few exceptions. He may listen to people who disagree with him, but it doesn't seem to affect how he votes much at all.

In short, he talks like a moderate but votes like a liberal. And while I may be slightly to the left of most Republicans on this board on certain issues, I'm no liberal. And no matter what he says, I have to go with how he votes.

I agree 100%. I couldn't have written it any better. To add to your assessment about Obama not being nasty, I have always felt from day one though that he has been a puppet of his advisors (Axelrod and the bunch) and the plan has always been for Obama to act a certain way, and let them covertly do the mud slinging and negative campaigning (i.e. pulling the race card before anything is said to specifically interject race). I feel like it is too staged for my liking.

I would also like to say that I, as an Independant, am voting for McCain more for these very reasons (dislike Obama's politics) rather than like and/or agree with McCain on everysingle issue.

Archived