Typical lucky #$&* bammers!

SkeeterAUfan

Alabama Has a very good team. But there not #2 good And in the long run I'll be right

well, to the people who count, apparently we are good enough for #2 since pretty much every poll has us at #2 (i can't find a major poll that doesn't). the BCS standings will probably have us at #2 as well. i can see it now, if we lose one game you will be running around screaming your head off "I TOLD YOU SO, I TOLD YOU SO!!!! OMGGGGGGGGGGG YESSSSSSSSSSSS I TOLD YOU SOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!" its not common for SEC teams to run the table and go undefeated, so if we lose a game then so be it. it might happen, it might not.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alabama has starting talent to match anyone in the country.

To say we would get killed by UF is a joke considering the only team that beat them this year lost to us saturday.

USC lost to Oregon St.

LSU struggled with a bad Auburn team, a terrible MSU team, and an average South Carolina team.

Texas Tech sucks and is beyond overated.

While any of those teams could beat us on any given day, we could do the same to them. To say we'd get "killed" by them is a joke considering each of them has struggled with, or lost to, teams of far less ability than UA.

You have yet to provide an argument as to why you think our STARTING talent isn't as good as the teams you listed....well other than the fact that you don't like Alabama. But that's not a reason that will win you an argument.

And you saying they have more talent than anyone one but Texas b/c you like Alabama

Does not win your point either. Look I think the SEC is down this year,

(And I know i'm going to regret this)

With the exception of Alabama and Fla. Sorry southlink.But your schedule is just to brutal.

And your line sucks as bad as ours, But your getting better we are not.

But Bama has not been tested by anyone That's good Right now. The Bama offence has been exposed a little. They like to punch you in the mouth and if you back down they run all over you. But if you don't,

they don't have a answer.

Clemson just sucks, And Ga was worrying more about what shirt to ware Than winning the game.

I just don't know why I can't think they are over rated? Why does that bother you so?

Could you be trying to convince your self? Just asking????????

With the exception of Alabama and Fla. Sorry southlink.But your schedule is just to brutal.

I don't disagree with anything you said there but I do take a bit of exception that we blow because of tight games against USC/Vandy. Vandy isn't terrible and we ALWAYS play USC close no matter the year. Look at 2002/2005 SEC Titles years where we barely got by less talented USC teams.

To say we would get killed by UF is a joke considering the only team that beat them this year lost to us saturday.

USC lost to Oregon St.

LSU struggled with a bad Auburn team, a terrible MSU team, and an average South Carolina team.

While any of those teams could beat us on any given day, we could do the same to them. To say we'd get "killed" by them is a joke considering each of them has struggled with, or lost to, teams of far less ability than UA.

You have yet to provide an argument as to why you think our STARTING talent isn't as good as the teams you listed....well other than the fact that you don't like Alabama. But that's not a reason that will win you an argument.

And you saying they have more talent than anyone one but Texas b/c you like Alabama

But Bama has not been tested by anyone That's good Right now. The Bama offence has been exposed a little. They like to punch you in the mouth and if you back down they run all over you. But if you don't,

Clemson just sucks, And Ga was worrying more about what shirt to ware Than winning the game.

I just don't know why I can't think they are over rated? Why does that bother you so?

niiiiiiice. pre-season, there were all these reasons we were going to go 6-6, 7-6 at the best. all these other teams were so good and Alabama was horrible. the argument that Ole Miss has as good of talent if not better than Alabama is why they could win, etc. oh, but now that Alabama is beating everybody in sight and AU is losing, well its just a down year in the SEC and Alabama hasn't been tested. how is it a down year? the only team that genuinely sucks in the SEC is MSU and possibly UT, depending on when their defense shows up. there is always parity in the SEC, but i can't remember the last time it was at this level. your "this is a down year in the SEC" argument is just a bogus blanket statement to explain away everything.

I don't disagree with anything you said there but I do take a bit of exception that we blow because of tight games against USC/Vandy. Vandy isn't terrible and we ALWAYS play USC close no matter the year. Look at 2002/2005 SEC Titles years where we barely got by less talented USC teams.

I agree,

And Bama can beat anyone on a given day ,But please stop with no body has a chance.

Any one of the top ten teams can beat Alabama, I hope Ga gets back to kicking butt soon.

you clearly do not see the big picture. when AU wins a squeeker against a lesser opponent, its a sign of a great coach and a team not willing to quit and able to pull it out. when somebody else does the same, they are just overrated and suck because they squeeked by.

I agree,

And Bama can beat anyone on a given day ,But please stop with no body has a chance.

Any one of the top ten teams can beat Alabama, I hope Ga gets back to kicking butt soon.

why is it irrational to think that when you kicked the crap out of a team on their home field, that you couldn't do the same thing 6 weeks later? not just beat them, but pwned them. i'm not saying that if we play UGA in the SECCG that it is a lock, 200% guarantee to win. i'm just saying its rational to say "well, we kicked the crap out of them 6 weeks ago so i'm pretty sure we can do the same again"

It isn't just Bama

Everyone in the Top 25 is beatable

Texas could lose to OSU next week. OSU will lose 2-3 games before the year ends. The list goes on....

If anyone on any team says they are "unbeatable", they are lying.

Will 2-3 teams possibly go undefeated? Sure, it is possible. But, I think it is doubtful.

USC lost to Oregon St.

niiiiiiice. pre-season, there were all these reasons we were going to go 6-6, 7-6 at the best. all these other teams were so good and Alabama was horrible. the argument that Ole Miss has as good of talent if not better than Alabama is why they could win, etc. oh, but now that Alabama is beating everybody in sight and AU is losing, well its just a down year in the SEC and Alabama hasn't been tested. how is it a down year? the only team that genuinely sucks in the SEC is MSU and possibly UT, depending on when their defense shows up. there is always parity in the SEC, but i can't remember the last time it was at this level. your "this is a down year in the SEC" argument is just a bogus blanket statement to explain away everything.

See there is a difference in the way normal people watch a game and the way bama fan's watch it.

I watch and see the talent on USC and OKL and Texas And say Wow

Now Bama Fan( While slurring his drunk-in word's) HELL WE WOULD KICK THERE ASS.

All of the top QB's are from the big 12, If you think That the SEC is not down this year your nuts.

And The only thing you know about football is Bamas supposed to win on Saturdays

One more thing I don't remember any one saying bama at 6 and 6 just about every one had them at 8 and 4

or 9 and 3. And I never said Bama sucked did I?

I just think they are over rated at # 2 SORRY! GET OVER IT

Sure, all of the top 10 teams could beat Alabama...just like Alabama could beat them.

The assertion was never that UA was unbeatable. You said the only thing I have to back up my statement that our starters are as good as anyone's in the country was that I was a Bama fan...you left out the fact that we are #2 in the country and 7-0.

I'll put our OL, DL, LBs, Secondary, RBs, and WRs up with anyone elses in the country. (Starters, not depth). And that DL is assuming a healthy Cody.

Our top 22 is just as good as anyone's in the nation right now. Sure, we have holes...like at DE and RT. But so does everyone else. I stand by my previous statement. We have great starters, and shallow depth.

You can say we don't, but our record would argue otherwise.

you clearly do not see the big picture. when AU wins a squeeker against a lesser opponent, its a sign of a great coach and a team not willing to quit and able to pull it out. when somebody else does the same, they are just overrated and suck because they squeeked by.

Dude are you on Crack? Do you remember 04??????

Every time Okla won a squeaker it showed there character

When Auburn beat Alabama it was b/c we weren't that good remember

USC lost to Oregon St.

See there is a difference in the way normal people watch a game and the way bama fan's watch it.

All of the top QB's are from the big 12, If you think That the SEC is not down this year your nuts.

And The only thing you know about football is Bamas supposed to win on Saturdays

One more thing I don't remember any one saying bama at 6 and 6 just about every one had them at 8 and 4

if you want to say Alabama is overrated at #2, then thats your opinion. its just when you give total BS reasons as to why is when you run into problems convincing people of that. you don't know how i watch another game anymore than i know how you watch one. it scares the crap out of me thinking there is a possibility we could play Texas. repeat, I DO NOT WANT ALABAMA TO PLAY TEXAS. i don't care what QBs the Big 12 has, what does it have to do with the price of Skittles? i don't know, but i know it has nothing to do with the SEC being up or down this season. only you could talk about the SEC being down when Vanderbilt is looking at their first bowl berth in 50 years, Ole Miss beats UF, Alabama is undefeated and ranked #2, and four SEC teams are in the top 11 in the polls. there is more parity than ever in the SEC right now, but i know you do not want to see that.

Dude are you on Crack? Do you remember 04??????

Every time Okla won a squeaker it showed there character

When Auburn beat Alabama it was b/c we weren't that good remember

i remember 2004. i bought a brand new Durango that year, and Hurricane Ivan came right over the area. it was the last year that i didn't have a child, as my son was born in 2005.

see, i can make my posts irrelevant and contain nothing of substance as well.

USC lost to Oregon St.

if you want to say Alabama is overrated at #2, then thats your opinion. its just when you give total BS reasons as to why is when you run into problems convincing people of that. you don't know how i watch another game anymore than i know how you watch one. it scares the crap out of me thinking there is a possibility we could play Texas. repeat, I DO NOT WANT ALABAMA TO PLAY TEXAS. i don't care what QBs the Big 12 has, what does it have to do with the price of Skittles? i don't know, but i know it has nothing to do with the SEC being up or down this season. only you could talk about the SEC being down when Vanderbilt is looking at their first bowl berth in 50 years, Ole Miss beats UF, Alabama is undefeated and ranked #2, and four SEC teams are in the top 11 in the polls. there is more parity than ever in the SEC right now, but i know you do not want to see that.

Wow we may agree on one thing maybe it is parity. Maybe the talent is more spread out in the SEC this year. you may be right on that.

See how this works I'll give you credit for a rational thought, When you have one!

I do know how bammer's watch a game Ive watched bammers cry over games for years!

IMHO bama is over rated at # 2. And the SEC is down this year. They are # 2 behind the big 12

IMHO

how is it a down year? the only team that genuinely sucks in the SEC is MSU and possibly UT, depending on when their defense shows up. there is always parity in the SEC, but i can't remember the last time it was at this level. your "this is a down year in the SEC" argument is just a bogus blanket statement to explain away everything.

OK, most of the other stuff you said is passable as discussing a point. But I must scrutinize the quote above.

I am sorry, but if you think the only down team in the SEC this year is MSU, you are mistaken. Tennessee sucks. Arkansas sucks. I'll probably be chastised for saying it, but Auburn sucks right now. LSU has no defense...they are down. They barely beat us for crying out loud. The SEC West is in shambles. The East is a little better off, but no worldbeater teams over there for sure. It's a cesspool of mediocrity right now. Who knows who will win the next game?

I do no think there is any way you can NOT say this is a down year for the SEC if you take off the crimson glasses.

how is it a down year? the only team that genuinely sucks in the SEC is MSU and possibly UT, depending on when their defense shows up. there is always parity in the SEC, but i can't remember the last time it was at this level. your "this is a down year in the SEC" argument is just a bogus blanket statement to explain away everything.

OK, most of the other stuff you said is passable as discussing a point. But I must scrutinize the quote above.

I am sorry, but if you think the only down team in the SEC this year is MSU, you are mistaken. Tennessee sucks. Arkansas sucks. I'll probably be chastised for saying it, but Auburn sucks right now. LSU has no defense...they are down. They barely beat us for crying out loud. The SEC West is in shambles. The East is a little better off, but no worldbeater teams over there for sure. It's a cesspool of mediocrity right now. Who knows who will win the next game?

I do no think there is any way you can NOT say this is a down year for the SEC if you take off the crimson glasses.

ok, i'll add Arky to that list. not sure why i didn't think of them before. the problem with teams like UT, LSU, AU is different aspects of their team are good....just some parts aren't. with a team like Arky, they are overall bad. a team like UT and AU actually has a good defense. UT has the #11 defense in the nation. USC is #6, AU is #14, UF #15, UA #16, UK #18, MSU #22, and LSU #24. LSU has the #2 offense in the SEC. i don't think you are looking at many overall bad teams, just particular sides of the ball. when you have that many good defenses, of course it will be a struggle. and when you have that many good defenses, of course that will make other offenses in the SEC look bad. for the most part i don't think the SEC is down, just alot of good defensive play beating up on each other.

Thank you!

I get too caught up in the argument. Maybe some day I will realize, That arguing with a bama fan is like wrestling with a pig. Sooner or later you find out , The pig likes it.

ok, i'll add Arky to that list. not sure why i didn't think of them before. the problem with teams like UT, LSU, AU is different aspects of their team are good....just some parts aren't. with a team like Arky, they are overall bad. a team like UT and AU actually has a good defense. UT has the #11 defense in the nation. USC is #6, AU is #14, UF #15, UA #16, UK #18, MSU #22, and LSU #24. LSU has the #2 offense in the SEC. i don't think you are looking at many overall bad teams, just particular sides of the ball. when you have that many good defenses, of course it will be a struggle. and when you have that many good defenses, of course that will make other offenses in the SEC look bad. for the most part i don't think the SEC is down, just alot of good defensive play beating up on each other.

I think you are right on with all of this. However, when someone says "it's a down year," what they are talking about is compared to the average year in the SEC, there are more teams this year that are having less success than they usually do.

This is the case in 2008 with LSU, AU, UT, Arky for sure, and arguably for MSU, and maybe even UF. Teams in the SEC that are "up" this year would be Alabama, Ole Miss, maybe UGA and possibly SC.

I'm not saying there is some absolute measure of the "level" of overall SEC play. Just saying that to more fans in more fan bases, it probably looks like their team is down, so on a whole the conference is not what it usually is this year. The one team that looks/looked unstoppable at one point was Alabama, but their last three games have, frankly, been less than stellar outings.

I think you are right on with all of this. However, when someone says "it's a down year," what they are talking about is compared to the average year in the SEC, there are more teams this year that are having less success than they usually do.

This is the case in 2008 with LSU, AU, UT, Arky for sure, and arguably for MSU, and maybe even UF. Teams in the SEC that are "up" this year would be Alabama, Ole Miss, maybe UGA and possibly SC.

I'm not saying there is some absolute measure of the "level" of overall SEC play. Just saying that to more fans in more fan bases, it probably looks like their team is down, so on a whole the conference is not what it usually is this year. The one team that looks/looked unstoppable at one point was Alabama, but their last three games have, frankly, been less than stellar outings.

LSU - unexpectedly lost their starting QB, playing a true freshman and a guy that was a backup at Harvard.

AU - new offense and now the OC has been fired

UT - new offense

Arky - new coach, staff, and schemes on both sides of the ball. they went from a run oriented team to a pass oriented team in one season.

MSU - seriously? 2007 was a fluke. the past six years MSU hasn't won more than 3 games in a season, with the exception of 07. MSU isn't "down" this season, they have simply returned to form.

so really, we are talking about LSU, AU, UT, and Arky being down. Arky can't even help it, so that is understandable. they weren't going to be any good this season anyway, and we all knew it...even before Nutt left. they aren't a year in year out contender every year. LSU has only lost one game, so i'm not positive how they are so down. why is it that 3 teams in the SEC are having less than stellar years, two of which shouldn't even be playing the way they are, the SEC is down? just because AU and UT are normally in the race for the SECCG are not this season doesn't mean the SEC is down. i will meet you halfway and say there have been some circumstances with different teams that could explain why they aren't doing as well....but you have other teams stepping up to the plate taking a spot in the SECC race. i will also agree that the level isn't quite what it normally is, but only from the teams that normally do well.

I think it's funny that you guys are pooh pooing our win because it was Ole Miss...a team that will be favored against Auburn.

Ole Miss beat UF in Gainsville. Ole Miss has a good coach and good starters.

And yes, the Cody injury hurt. I don't think it's the ONLY reason Ole Miss was able to score in the 2nd half. Part of it, like every game this year for us, the Ole Miss offense went for it on nearly every 4th down in the second half because they were getting drilled so badly. We also had a fumble and an int on the 3 yard line.

The Cody injury may loom large. And that's what we've been saying all year. Our team is as talented as anyone's in the nation when comparing starters...but we don't have the depth to sustain many key injuries. Without Andre and Cody, Bama is 4-3 or 5-2 right now. It's no secret.

As good as any one's in the nation ??????? Please tell me your joking TX FL OKL USC LSU OSU are all better than your beloved Bama. The best teams in the nation don't struggle with Tulane KY or OLE Miss

If you worked for me I would have you drug tested tomorrow. And sent immediately to have your eyes checked.

Bama fans. BLIND CRIPELD AND CRAZY

You sir are a MORON

I see you left UGA out of that list... let me guess because they beat UGA. All of the other teams you mentioned are in the same boat as UGA. UGA was even preseason #1. So why did you leave UGA out? Because you have no intelligence.

Seeing that UF lost to Ole Miss at home and Bama beat UF... you are just dumb.

Seeing that OSU has consistently lost to the SEC, I would think you were smarter than that. I guess not.

I guess the fact that LSU lost to UF, and we already talked about them. LSU almost lost to Auburn. LSU has no QB.

USC lost to Oregon State. So are you just saying they have some of the worst coaching in the world? Otherwise, you forgot Oregon State in your little stupid rant.

Oklahoma, I could understand, but as noted - they have lost (not that it has much to do with talent though - somebody would have to lose).

Texas is the only team that MIGHT legitimately have more talent at this point.

But seeing that Alabama has dominated against every major opponent it has faced and defeated everyone in it's path, you sir just have no common sense. If you want to say "struggle with team X" then you must eliminate: UF, USC, LSU, OSU (they too struggled with Akron or some other state team). Just shut... UP... shut up... give Bama props. The sooner you do, the less stressed you will be, and the happier you will be if and when Bama does indeed lose.

really? what week was that game played??

Sorry, you can't make stuff up to prove your argument. Let's try to stick with things that actually happened. Then calling some one dumb on top of it... wow... perhaps you really meant to say ole miss there, but make a mistake like that and then call somebody else dumb on top of it.... geez...

Circle is right. This is a down year in the SEC. I don't think it's down as far as the teams at the top (UF, UGA, Bama, and LSU), but the rest of the league is down.

Here's why I say that: the most talented teams (in terms of All-SEC or NFL potential players) are UGA, UF, LSU, and AU. Those were the preseason picks to win/contend for the divisions. Auburn has totally fallen apart on special teams and offense. So they fell off the board. Even if you say Bama replaces them, a good team is down.

After that, the rest of the league is struggling. UT looks awful. MSU looks awful. Arkansas is awful. Vandy is still arguably the least talented team in the conference. I doubt they win more than 6 games in the regular season. Ole Miss still finds ways to lose games every week (save one).

I'll give you that UK and South Carolina look pretty good, but outside the top 4, there isn't a Top 25 team in the league anymore, despite the amount of talent in Auburn or Knoxville or Columbia. So if you're looking at a year where only 4 teams deserve to be ranked, it's a down year in this conference. Most seasons, 6 or 7 teams are going to earn that kind of ranking.

So if you're looking at a year where only 4 teams deserve to be ranked, it's a down year in this conference. Most seasons, 6 or 7 teams are going to earn that kind of ranking.

over the past 6 years, only 4-5 SEC teams have been ranked in the top 25.

08: 4, 3 of those are top 10

07: 5, 2 of those were top 10

06: 5, 3 of those were top 10

05: 4, 3 of those were top 10

04: 5, 2 of those were top 10

03: 5, 2 of those were top 10

02: 3, 1 of those were top 10

so, i guess the SEC has been down the past 6 years.

I am not poo poohing a win over Ole Miss. I predicted Ole Miss would pull a couple of upsets this year in games where they were underestimated, and I was almost right yesterday.

I just thought it was funny that you guys narrowly escaped with a win, yet you think you "just beat the hell out of" somebody.

I don't think we beat the hell out of them. It's just customary to play the song after a win...regardless of margin of victory.

That's BS and you should know better. You don't ALWAYS do it. The majority of posters on RTB.com today were upset because it was played.

I am not poo poohing a win over Ole Miss. I predicted Ole Miss would pull a couple of upsets this year in games where they were underestimated, and I was almost right yesterday.

I just thought it was funny that you guys narrowly escaped with a win, yet you think you "just beat the hell out of" somebody.

I don't think we beat the hell out of them. It's just customary to play the song after a win...regardless of margin of victory.

That's BS and you should know better. You don't ALWAYS do it. The majority of posters on RTB.com today were upset because it was played.

Two weeks ago vs UK was the first time we haven't played it after a win over a conference opponent since before I started school there in 1998. Except for a few games in 2001 where they thought about banning it all together. But they ultimately decided to drop the pre-game rammer jammer and just do it after wins.

We ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS do it against division rivals. Always.

I got tired of reading all the bickering so my post is in response to several.

After watching several Bama games this year, I do feel they are deserving of the #2 ranking. That being said, I also see a team that needs to learn how to play in the second half. They have gotten by without it so far this year, but the games are getting closer.

I didn't see the game yesterday turning because Cody got hurt and anyone that believes that needs some assistance. A 380+ lb nose guard that does nothing but plug a hole and rarely makes a tackle isn't going to turn the game for Ole Miss (sorry BG). Much like what we saw against UGA we saw an Alabama team fall asleep at the wheel and a team with guts and heart come back on them, period. The only real challenges left for Bama come from LSU and whomever they end up playing in the SECCG. (I'm sorry, I just don't feel we'll be able to put a viable offense together between now and then). Florida game aside, I don't believe LSU, at home, is a game that Bama can jump out to a huge lead in and then piss the rest of the game away and hope LSU doesn't catch up. They certainly won't be able to do that against a scary Florida team in the SECCG or UGA if they make it by UF in a few weeks.

Saban is a good coach and he has his kids ready to play. The problem is their lack of depth and maturity eating away at them in the second half. Luck? I'd like to say yes but they are a very talented football team. Yes, teams have a habit of shooting themselves in the foot against Bama and it irritates me as much as any other AU fan, but that doesn't take away from what Bama does the rest of the game. They still have to force the other teams into situations to make those mistakes and they still have to play well enough to capitalize on them.

No a Bama fan in disguise here. I just hate people pointlessly whining. Bama is playing great football and we've sucked so far this year. The fact that we suck doesn't make what Bama has done any less impressive, it just makes it sting more.

Archived