Speaking of JOBS!

CCTAU

JOBS, JOBS, JOBS, JOBS

Recent polls show that the American people are more concerned about jobs than they are the war on terror.  It's one thing to worry about finding work ... it's quite another to think that the government has a role to play here.  Just where is it written that it is the function of the federal government to provide you with a job, or to help you find one?  Getting a job is your problem, not the government's.

It's just this simple.  During your early years you work to develop job skills and a work ethic.  When your education process is over you take your work skills, your experience and your work ethic into the marketplace.  If the skills you developed match an available job, and if you and the person who owns that job (the employer) can reach an agreement on wages, benefits, etc.,  you get hired and you start to earn an income.  Where is the government role here?

Sadly, with each passing year more and more Americans adopt the idea that the government is there to make sure they get a good job.  Freedom and economic liberty cannot survive this level of voter stupidity.

LINK

Dang. I throw out a lot of meaningless posts to compete with Donutjob's meaningless posts and no libbies respond. Maybe if I clutter the whole board every day, somedody will at least ask me not to post so many meaningless posts. I just can't win around here!

If the skills you developed match an available job, and if you and the person who owns that job (the employer) can reach an agreement on wages, benefits, etc.,  you get hired and you start to earn an income.  Where is the government role here?

Gotta love Boortz. The Church of the Painful Truth is in session!

Also, the truth is that the unemployment level, per dept. of labor statistics, is 2/10% lower than the 90's average. I think, 5.4% to 5.6%.

Not that that's necessarily a good thing tho. As a manager, I like it when the unemployment rate is higher, cause there are more GOOD people in the labor market to hire. When it's like it was in 98-00, I'll be damned if you could find a half-decent person to answer the phone or take out the garbage. A tight labor market is not the best thing in the world. Some people just don't deserve to work.

JOBS, JOBS, JOBS, JOBS

Recent polls show that the American people are more concerned about jobs than they are the war on terror.   It's one thing to worry about finding work ... it's quite another to think that the government has a role to play here.  Just where is it written that it is the function of the federal government to provide you with a job, or to help you find one?  Getting a job is your problem, not the government's.

It's just this simple.  During your early years you work to develop job skills and a work ethic.  When your education process is over you take your work skills, your experience and your work ethic into the marketplace.  If the skills you developed match an available job, and if you and the person who owns that job (the employer) can reach an agreement on wages, benefits, etc.,  you get hired and you start to earn an income.  Where is the government role here?

Sadly, with each passing year more and more Americans adopt the idea that the government is there to make sure they get a good job.  Freedom and economic liberty cannot survive this level of voter stupidity.

LINK

Hey CCTAU, I like your argument. See if you can't get your Republican legislators to repeat it on the campaign trail this fall. I think that'd be a winning strategy. Sorry that I didn't respond earlier but my day is pretty full with a full work schedule (Yes. I have a job) :D and my workout schedule. I guess it's just coincidence that Dubya cut taxes to "spur job growth". I'm sure we'd be hearing how well the government had done in creating jobs if they'd actually created jobs instead of losing over three million. Honestly, :rolleyes: I think it makes a good campaign to say it's not the governments fault you're suddenly unwilling to work. Keep preaching friend!!

When it's like it was in 98-00, I'll be damned if you could find a half-decent person to answer the phone or take out the garbage. A tight labor market is not the best thing in the world. Some people just don't deserve to work.

If you couldn't find decent people to do these menial tasks then, in my experience, that is the fault of the business and/or its' HR person. Another axiom that I've found invaluable is the one that says you get what you pay for.

It was the economy stupid! It wasn't the government that lost jobs. Like the man said, the government can try to stimulate the economy, but they can't produce jobs....unless you are a demoncrat. Then you can create many "meaningless" government jobs and then tell everyone about it.

CCT, maybe you need to get in touch with Dubya because he seems to think that he can create 250,000 jobs a month. You really need to set him straight on that.

CCT, maybe you need to get in touch with Dubya because he seems to think that he can create 250,000 jobs a month. You really need to set him straight on that.

By stimulating the economy. Not by making them up and creating companies that hire people.

Recent polls show that the American people are more concerned about jobs than they are the war on terror.  

We don't deserve to have the freedom and liberties this country offers if this is really true. Hopefully, the polls that are saying this are the same-old liberal CNN-type polls.

Also, I think this will change as GWB begins to pick-up-the-pace in the campaign. Right now the Democrat Party is getting 90% of the media coverage, and has been for months. And still Kerry and Bush are in a statistical dead heat if the election were held today. Imagine once the Republican campaign starts!

3 months and Kerry'll be yelling UNCLE!

By stimulating the economy. Not by making them up and creating companies that hire people.

Well, you'd better call him up before he starts trying to do something that can't be done! He thinks his policy will create 250,000 jobs per month. Hurry!

Well, you'd better call him up before he starts trying to do something that can't be done! He thinks his policy will create 250,000 jobs per month. Hurry!

OK. Once again for the resident Bush hater.

HIS ECONONOMIC POLICY

Why don't you get a picture of Bush and throw darts at it every day. It might help with your anger!

OK. Once again for the resident Bush hater.

HIS ECONONOMIC POLICY

Why don't you get a picture of Bush and throw darts at it every day. It might help with your anger!

He thinks his policy will create 250,000 jobs per month.

Isn't that what I said???

Archived