Sigh. The long winter nap.

otterinbham

Nothing.

Pro football? Eh. A bunch of mercenaries playing look-alike offenses.

Pro basketball? Pituitary gland cases playing meaningless games.

Hockey? Canadians and Russians representing American cities.

College basketball? Is Auburn any good this year? If not, yawn.

The only good news? Pitchers and catchers report for Spring training in about 5-6 weeks.

Nothing.

The only good news? Pitchers and catchers report for Spring training in about 5-6 weeks.

4 months until A-Day!

Forget the nap.

Lady Tigers unbeaten tops in the SEC, Men are on a seven game winning streak for a 10-4 overall so go out and suppot them!

We have a really, really good women's b'ball team, and the men's team could compete for the SEC West, and make a run for the NCAA. The crowd and atmosphere at the coliseum could even be the difference in those tight SEC games, go buy your tickets now! I have mine for the 'Bama game in a week, and I am making a 4 hour drive; so no excuses!

Nothing.

The only one I agree with is pro basketball. The NFL is definately exciting to watch no matter who is playing. Hockey is the best sport although it is much better to watch in person. College basketballgets better for March Madness and Auburn seems to have a couple of pretty good teams this year. Baseball however is a snooze fest until October.

The drama with our coaching staff and battle for recuriting can keep you interested for a bit...

Baseball and basketball.....A waste of TV time that could be used for football replays......

I really enjoy hockey, so I can't say I'm super yawn. Though the fact that our BBall team sucks does sort of make Feb - August seem much longer.

with you on hockey, great season so far. GO RANGERS!!!!!!!

Speaking of A-Day, CGC has pushed it back, correct. Do we have a new date?

No new date to my knowledge but it was pushed back. He doesn't like doing it as early as Tuberville. Unfortunately I will be in Tuscaloosa and Auburn for A-Day this year. I made the mistake of taking my wife last year and now she enjoys it and wants to go back.

I've grown up an Auburn fan in an Alabama house and have NEVER gone to an Auburn A-Day! My dad took me to AU games and such fairly regularly, I guess, but never to A-Day. I'm going this year damn it!

I really enjoy hockey, so I can't say I'm super yawn. Though the fact that our BBall team sucks does sort of make Feb - August seem much longer.

Hockey will never be a good TV sport because you can't see the puck.

Nothing.

You don't even know how the basketball team is doing this year. Shh

If you don't know the game or pay attention then yeah you can use that excuse all you want.

If you don't know the game or pay attention then yeah you can use that excuse all you want.

Hockey is my favorite sport behind football.

Ice, skates, sticks, strength, teamwork, speed, what's not to like? It's the world's fastest team sport (except for team sky diving ;) ).

I used to go see live hockey games all the time when I lived in Germany. Well worth it. I was a converted fan. Came back to the states and turned the TV on, meh. You can have it.

Hockey is my favorite sport behind football.

Ice, skates, sticks, strength, teamwork, speed, what's not to like? It's the world's fastest team sport (except for team sky diving ;) ).

When Mobile got a hockey team, they had a "name the team" contest. The name that got the most votes was Hicks With Sticks. :big: But they went with the Mobile Mysticks instead (ECHL).

brand.gif

Like others have said, games in person are fun. But TV - I never watch.

I agree that games are much better i person, but dont use the excuse that you can't see the puck or don't know where it is. Hockey is the best beneficiary of HD of any of the sports though.

Hey TM! I'm a little late, but congrats on hitting the 20,000 posts mark.

Good thing it's not in hockey. ;)

I usually start my nap after signing day. This year, with the new coaching staff, it's easier putting off hibernation than ever before.

Archived