ESPN's predictions on Recruiting

AUman43

Posted by JC Shurburtt

Right now, ESPNU 150 athlete Denard Robinson is a projection to Florida. With that, if another school steps in and offers him a shot at playing quarterback, you could see his tune change rather quickly.

-Here are some other current projections from the Class of 2009 ESPNU150 prospects. Keep in mind, these are only projections, which are sort of like "educated predictions" if you will.

Dre Kirkpatrick: Alabama

Rueben Randle: LSU

Greg Reid: Georgia

Marlon Brown: Tennessee

Sam Montgomery: North Carolina

If not, then the rich get richer!!!!!!!

Frankie Telfort: Too close to call, Florida or Southern California

Jarvis Jones: Southern California

Ryne Giddins: Too close to call, South Florida or perhaps Florida

Kendall Kelly: Alabama

Quinton Washington: South Carolina

Tajh Boyd: Ohio State

We dont have much of a shot with any of the guys you listed...

The only one that gives me pause is KK. But maybe I'm just being optimistic.

If that's true, and I'm not saying it is, I think it's a Hell of a note. Kendall kelly, Dre Kirkpatrick and Rueben Randall all have a good chance to start as freshman at Auburn and be stars on our team. If the go to Bammer, LSU, or another school, they'll simply blend into the background with the other stars unless they turn out like Julio, which is unlikely. In any event. I'm holding out hope for Tana Patrick and either Kendall Kelly or Dre Kirkpatrick, although I don't have much hope given the $$$ probably offered at Bammer and LSWHO. Come on down, we need you!

If that's true, and I'm not saying it is, I think it's a Hell of a note. Kendall kelly, Dre Kirkpatrick and Rueben Randall all have a good chance to start as freshman at Auburn and be stars on our team. If the go to Bammer, LSU, or another school, they'll simply blend into the background with the other stars unless they turn out like Julio, which is unlikely. In any event. I'm holding out hope for Tana Patrick and either Kendall Kelly or Dre Kirkpatrick, although I don't have much hope given the $$$ probably offered at Bammer and LSWHO. Come on down, we need you!

You're not going to convince a kid who has been "high" on 1-2 schools for 10+ months to all of a sudden switch in the last month of recruiting. We have absolutely NO shot at Kirkpatrick, new staff tried and he rejected, chalk that one up to funny state-of-Alabama recruiting shenanigans.

We do not have a shot at Dre Kirkpatrick or Kendall Kelly. We never had a shot at either. I have always felt that they were UAT locks. I do not see the suprise in that one. I also believe that Randle is a lock for LSU and always has been as well.

Meta is right, you are not going to change their minds at the last minute.

I don't think this staff has a huge chance at some of these guys this late.

I do think we can maybe sway one recruit somewhere with "The Big Sell" but I think its a bit late in the game to shop for long recruited talent. I will be excited if they can get most of the recruits we had lined up and one extra talent.

Im not picky with the time they had.

Tajh Boyd: Ohio State

I do not understand that one. Why would he go to Ohio St and sit the bench two more years behind T. Pryor? Maybe he thinks he can beat him out or maybe he does not mind to sit two-three years.

Seems like he could find a big program with less depth or a JR/SR QB.

Archived