#1 prep school (Hargrave) WR, 5-star, visiting AU this weekend

TitanTiger

Signed with LSU out of high school in 2007. Was academically a junior then and tried to come out early. Ended up having to go to prep school.

He's 6-2, 205, runs a 4.45.

Apparently he has backed out as well... I can't read the article but as you can see, the headline says it all. Can anyone confirm with a non-premium site?

http://www.auburnundercover.com/

That article is dated 1/15/09.

This afternoon's article says otherwise:

http://blog.al.com/goldmine/2009/01/lets_g...oard_for_a.html

Benton was likely visiting just for fun and to accompany Jones. My guess is that LSU probably told him if he visited that they'd pull his offer.

What kind of bullcrap is that? Is this going to be the latest recruiting tactic? Sorry, kid, you belong to us now. Don't even think about looking anywhere else, got it? Sounds a little like an insecure, jealous girlfriend to me.

What kind of bullcrap is that? Is this going to be the latest recruiting tactic? Sorry, kid, you belong to us now. Don't even think about looking anywhere else, got it? Sounds a little like an insecure, jealous girlfriend to me.

Dinky started that with "you shop, we shop". Were I a recruit, I'd tell somebody that pulled that crap on me to shove it, but that's just me.

Benton was likely visiting just for fun and to accompany Jones. My guess is that LSU probably told him if he visited that they'd pull his offer.

That has been one of LSU's recruiting-rules under Miles: if they tell you that they dont want you to visit other places and you do they will yank the offer. That is what happened with Luther Davis (now @ Bama)...he was committed to LSU but was clearly shopping himself around...LSU told him to stop visiting places and he snuck out and tried to secretly visit Bama...they found out and pulled his offer.

In a case like this I dont see anything wrong with it. LSU has been trying to get this kid into school for about 2 years now, I'd be kind of ticked too if the second he was finally set to get in he decided to visit another school, even if it was just for a free trip. Texas does this too BTW...if you commit to them and still shop around they threaten to pull the offer and give it to someone else.

That has been one of LSU's recruiting-rules under Miles: if they tell you that they dont want you to visit other places and you do they will yank the offer. That is what happened with Luther Davis (now @ Bama)...he was committed to LSU but was clearly shopping himself around...LSU told him to stop visiting places and he snuck out and tried to secretly visit Bama...they found out and pulled his offer.

In a case like this I dont see anything wrong with it. LSU has been trying to get this kid into school for about 2 years now, I'd be kind of ticked too if the second he was finally set to get in he decided to visit another school, even if it was just for a free trip. Texas does this too BTW...if you commit to them and still shop around they threaten to pull the offer and give it to someone else.

The biggest thing that bothered me about the Luther Davis situation was the hypocrisy of Nicky telling his own commits/offers "you shop, we shop", while obviously having no qualms about trying to get other guy's commits to shop (e.g., Luther).

Dinky started that with "you shop, we shop". Were I a recruit, I'd tell somebody that pulled that crap on me to shove it, but that's just me.

I think I would, too.

Archived