Auburn vs Vanderbilt

TitanTiger

No TV at all today. Vandy leads 41-36 at the half. Auburn was down by 11 or 12 at one point but cut it to five late. Anyone know what the crowd is like?

No TV at all today. Vandy leads 41-36 at the half. Auburn was down by 11 or 12 at one point but cut it to five late. Anyone know what the crowd is like?

I was there about 30 minutes before the game, but had to leave beacuse my ride was getting pretty sick. It looked pretty bare, but it seemed like more people were heading in. I wouldn't expect too much though for this game.

Well, Auburn just is not good in close games. I think Quantez should just take a pass on shooting free throws and give the ball to the other team. It would save everybody's time.

The Gamtracker on the AU website is not all that bad.

http://auburntigers.cstv.com/gametracker/l...artschool=&

wow that is much better than espn

Again, we have no idea how to win games like this. Two reasons that I see:

1. Defense Disappears: Both teams shot for a high percentage. But how can you allow a team to shoot 60%? When the game was on the line, they seemed to have shot even better than 60%.

2. FREE THROWS!!! Vandy really stunk in this department, too, but they had twice as many attempts. We lost by seven. They hit nine more free throws than we did. This is huge in crunch time. I love Quantez. He has played his heart out for years, but 1-5 from he line can't cut it from a guard. His season average is only 58%. I know that there is a leadership factor, but should Frankie be playing those minutes in crunchtime?

That is my obligatory post-basketball-loss rant. Now, were the recruits present?

Lebo....love ya, brother. Now get the truck warmed up. Someone else needs a shot at this program.

:(

Seems to me that Lebo has had time to turn this program around. Look at what Fortner has done in a shorter time period! Perhaps with a new coloseum we could get a real winner to go with it. JMO

I just found out that Dwayne Reed showed up late to the coliseum for pregame stuff. For that, he was benched significantly during the game (which was absolutely the right move). Theoretically, Reed COULD have made a difference down the stretch.

But, as I've stated a few posts up, I think the problem is that the TEAM doesn't know how to win down the stretch. The problem seems to be greater than one person.

Yes, Reed was benched. But it is always something. There's always an excuse to losing with this team: Free throws, suspensions, bad day, etc. Coulda, woulda, shoulda.

How in the world can your leading scorer be late for a game and still be allowed to play the last 10 minutes? Sounds like a Saban suspension. And why is no one saying why he was late?

Lucas Hargrove said "we weren't together on the court or off the court." What is going on here?

Yes, Reed was benched. But it is always something. There's always an excuse to losing with this team: Free throws, suspensions, bad day, etc. Coulda, woulda, shoulda.

One ref (the one with black spike hair) was calling the game as if he were a Vanderbilt fan or coach. So, add that one. The other refs sucked 50/50. But, all his suckage helped Vandy build that 10-12 point lead in the first half.

How in the world can your leading scorer be late for a game and still be allowed to play the last 10 minutes? Sounds like a Saban suspension. And why is no one saying why he was late?

Lucas Hargrove said "we weren't together on the court or off the court." What is going on here?

I noticed that Reed wasn't starting and thought that maybe they had decided to have him be the sixth man. But, when he did start playing he had the "I don't give a s***" look on his face and was very slow in every motion that he made with the ball so I thought he must have been being punished and wasn't taking it well.

Reed did not play the last 10 minutes. He only played 3 minutes total. Coach Lebo said on the radio that he punished him by not starting him and leaving him out for the first ten minutes. Then he did not like his attitude when he went in, so he sat the rest of the game. I wondered what was going on and thought he might be hurt. Reed has been playing well and probably would have helped. I bet he is not late again.

Reed did not play the last 10 minutes. He only played 3 minutes total. Coach Lebo said on the radio that he punished him by not starting him and leaving him out for the first ten minutes. Then he did not like his attitude when he went in, so he sat the rest of the game. I wondered what was going on and thought he might be hurt. Reed has been playing well and probably would have helped. I bet he is not late again.

OK minor techicality. I shoud have said he shouldn't have been allowed to play DURING the last 10 minutes. My point is still the same......he shouldn't have been allowed to even dress out.

One ref (the one with black spike hair) was calling the game as if he were a Vanderbilt fan or coach. So, add that one. The other refs sucked 50/50. But, all his suckage helped Vandy build that 10-12 point lead in the first half.

Reed - check

Coliseum - check

FT's - check

Refs - check

Dollard is off the team - check

what is the next excuse for our team losing?

"But if only (insert excuse above), we would've won - so that shows much potential!" It doesn't show potential when there is always some excuse preventing us from winning. It's called a bad team. "Oh, but they are so fun to watch" - no they aren't. You know what is fun to watch? Kids that can make FT's and win ball games.

Quit with the excuses - our team sucks. Period. We have the experience with players and we have had the coach for 5 years now. There is no one to blame but the sorry excuse that we call the Auburn mens basketball team.

I bet if the women played the men, the women would win and there would be another excuse for that too.

Archived