This is UNBELIEVABLE...

Geauxtigahs11

LSU-25 fouls

State-11 fouls

Oh, and we've got 2:36 to go

I was prefectly fine with congragulating you guys on beating us; you guys played better than us, and you guys beat us without having to have the refs spoon-feed you to a "w".

Good luck the rest of the tourney. Here's to hoping Mike Slive actually doesn something productive by canning SEC officials in all sports.

quit blaming the officials. you know very well they don't care who wins the games. They are out to do a job and nothing more. They don't go out to short change or screw anybody... MSU was a better team today... IF they don't like the fouls being called...quit fouling...

quit blaming the officials. you know very well they don't care who wins the games. They are out to do a job and nothing more. They don't go out to short change or screw anybody... MSU was a better team today... IF they don't like the fouls being called...quit fouling...

Proof? I'm not saying the officials have some conspiracy against LSU, but you have no concrete evidence about who they want to win. I'm sure NBA fans said the same thing before they caught Tim Donaghy.

I'm under the impression you watched the game. You think the game was farily called?

I'll cool down later, but that game was bull****.

Proof? I'm not saying the officials have some conspiracy against LSU, but you have no concrete evidence about who they want to win. I'm sure NBA fans said the same thing before they caught Tim Donaghy.

I'm under the impression you watched the game. You think the game was farily called?

I believe in this situation you would have to prove they were concerned about the outcome, and not that they are impartial. It was your complaint.

The mark of a man is not how he responds when winning, but how he responds when losing. This is another free lesson on life, young one.

Even if you don't think officials "throw" games (I don't), it is entirely fair to think officials have really bad games just like everyone else. When you see a discrepancy like that, the officials probably did a poor job.

I'm under the impression you watched the game. You think the game was fairly called?

Yes, I do. I watched the whole game. I also have no vested interest in the game at all. I was merely watching because I love basketball. Oh, and I have officiated high school basketball for over 17 years. Believe me, we don't care who wins the game. I'm not saying I agreed with EVERY call, because none of us watching ever do agree with EVERY call, but yes, I thought the game was very well officiated.

I believe in this situation you would have to prove they were concerned about the outcome, and not that they are impartial. It was your complaint.

The mark of a man is not how he responds when winning, but how he responds when losing. This is another free lesson on life, young one.

Well, I don't think it's that drastic of a reach to say the SEC wants to find a way to get more SEC teams in there, right?

Well, I don't think it's that drastic of a reach to say the SEC wants to find a way to get more SEC teams in there, right?

Ah, so this is a tin-foil hat moment. Miss St wins to get an auto bid.

The problem with this is that it assume UT and LSU are the only two schools going to make it. Because if Miss St wins the auto bid, then Auburn, SC, and Florida are all out of contention for an at large. But I don't believe only two teams from the SEC are currently slated to get in. If Auburn doesn't get in on the strength of it's last 12 games, then USC or Florida will based on their entire body of work. So no, I'm not following along with your "SEC Commish tells officials to make it so the underdog wins so they can get an extra team in via automatic bid" theory.

It's more likely that you ate a tainted corndog :poke:;)

Ah, so this is a tin-foil hat moment. Miss St wins to get an auto bid.

The problem with this is that it assume UT and LSU are the only two schools going to make it. Because if Miss St wins the auto bid, then Auburn, SC, and Florida are all out of contention for an at large. But I don't believe only two teams from the SEC are currently slated to get in. If Auburn doesn't get in on the strength of it's last 12 games, then USC or Florida will based on their entire body of work. So no, I'm not following along with your "SEC Commish tells officials to make it so the underdog wins so they can get an extra team in via automatic bid" theory.

It's more likely that you ate a tainted corndog :poke:;)

Why would I eat myselff? B)

By the way, I think I just s*** a corndog after watching that snake clip. Is that an anaconda?

Wow, looks like my prediction of MSU is going to come through. And yes, as pointed out - it would take away an at-large birth, especially AU's since the SEC is "weak" this year.

I don't think the officials wanted either team to win but I do think think MSU got the best of the foul calling, especially on some judgement calls. But then I'm biased because I wanted an Auburn-LSU final.

LSU-25 fouls

State-11 fouls

Oh, and we've got 2:36 to go

I was prefectly fine with congragulating you guys on beating us; you guys played better than us, and you guys beat us without having to have the refs spoon-feed you to a "w".

Good luck the rest of the tourney. Here's to hoping Mike Slive actually doesn something productive by canning SEC officials in all sports.

Just curious, Geax ... but do you think all basketball games ought to have equal distribution of fouls? Do you think officials should strive to achieve this? I don't. It just means one team was fouling more often than the other which, when you think about it, should be the norm rather than the exception.

Archived