AU women @ Rutgers

jared52

Is there another #1 or #2 seed that is playing a 1st or 2nd round game on their opponents home floor? I doubt it. We are losing because we just haven't played very well, but the deck was certainly stacked against us from the beginning. That doesn't count the big east official that seems to be (according to auburn radio) calling everything all over the floor against auburn and swallowing the whistle when it comes to rutgers...

Duke is a #1 seed and they're having to play #9 seed Michigan State in East Lansing. There were a couple of other possibilities for this to occur (#1 seed Oklahoma playing the Iowa-Georgia Tech winner in Iowa City, #2 seed Texas A&M playing the Notre Dame-Minnesota winner in South Bend), but Notre Dame and Iowa lost those first round games on their home court.

Louisville is a #3 seed and they have to play LSU in Baton Rouge.

For the person who asked if Auburn had ever hosted NCAA games, Auburn hosted 1st and 2nd round games a few times in the late '80s and early '90s...in '89, we hosted the Mideast Regional. There were a few times after that where the first and second round games were played at the better seed's home court.

A crappy ending to a great season for the ladies...I'm not a fan of lower seeds having actual home court advantage, but that's the hand we were dealt and from the looks of things (I didn't get the game here in TX), we were out of it early and never recovered.

Thanks for the info. And, you are right about the games auburn hosted. That was before the tournament was expanded to 64 teams and it was set up that top seeds actually hosted their games in the early rounds, much like the men's NIT does today, not sure if the women's NIT is this way or not.

Congrats to the Tigers anyway for a very good season and to NF for getting our Ladies program back in the mix...again!

WDE ! ! !

Amen to that! Who would have thought 5 years ago we would be 30-4, not a bad way to end. I am still proud of our girls. They looked shell shocked tonight! We have a great future, we play a lot of young kids, Ali Smalley is only a sophmore!! We have a great future. Kudos to Nell Fortner for the great job she has done. She is a classy lady and was very kind and classy on her post game press conference!!!

Now on to the men tomorrow night! Everyone come to the game if you are in Auburn!!! War Eagle!

Archived