AU women @ Rutgers

jared52

9-0 Ruthers at this point. AU can't buy a basket. Looking like the loss at Vandy right now.

Can someone explain why we are playing a lower seed on their home floor? This is a garbage decision by the NCAA.

Women's sites are picked a year in advanced. Traditional powers are given host sites for the first two rounds in hopes that they will sell out those games. That is the only way this tournament is financially feasible. Sucks for AU but if we continue to be a top team we will be rewarded with future opportunities to host.

everything is stacked against us tonight. Their home floor, and apparently they aren't calling anything on auburn's offensive end of the floor. I expect to hear that fortner gets a technical soon if she's as upset as rod bramlett is right now...

Rutgers can't miss and we can't hit. Down 18 right now and it's going to take a miracle. Mist be nice to play a 2 seed at home when you are a 7 seed. Pitiful.

Wow. This is just awful. I haven't seen much of it, but have been keeping up with the score...are we really just that "off" tonight?

Totally agree a/b being in Rutgers backyard. That is crap.

we are shooting horribly from the floor and apparently getting hammered all over the floor and its not getting called.... 27-10 rutgers..

What the #$$% is wrong with us? We can't buy a shot, we are in foul trouble and we look like we don't know what we are doing. Surely Rutgers isn't that good. This home court advantage doesn't help but it doesn't cause us to miss our shots. Come on Auburn, shake it off!

Okay we have come back before this season, can we come back tonight? Bonner seemed to get better as the half went on. We need to keep getting it to Carrier inside. Man, we are 22 -2 against lower seeds in tourney history, we can't lose this one. We just seem so discombobulated!!

well...we have a half to get it straight and get back in it. Atrocious shooting from the floor for the entire first half really dug our own hole. 43-28 at the half.

well...we have a half to get it straight and get back in it. Atrocious shooting from the floor for the entire first half really dug our own hole. 43-28 at the half.

It's almost like someone is over our basket pushing the shots out and over theirs putting them in. Maybe that little person will stay on that basket since we get it after the half. Our girls look lost, don't understand. I guess Rutgers watched some Vanderbilt film. Why couldn't VCU beat them the other night, drat. Doesn't look good for us tonight.

I can only go on what they are saying on the auburn network. I can't get the game here, damn espn and their crappy "black out" coverage... I hate the way they are doing the broadcasts of these games.

everything is stacked against us tonight. Their home floor, and apparently they aren't calling anything on auburn's offensive end of the floor. I expect to hear that fortner gets a technical soon if she's as upset as rod bramlett is right now...

Actually the radio announcer for Auburn is Andy Burcham, but I am sure he is getting upset. He is great and really gets into the game. Hope we come out playing and go on a 28 - 0 run!!!

I can only go on what they are saying on the auburn network. I can't get the game here, damn espn and their crappy "black out" coverage... I hate the way they are doing the broadcasts of these games.

Where are you? If you don't get it on ESPN HD here in Auburn, it is on regular ESPN, is it not like that where you are?

Where are you? If you don't get it on ESPN HD here in Auburn, it is on regular ESPN, is it not like that where you are?

Nope. The auburn game (on dish network, which is what i have) is only available to residents in New Jersey and Alabama. Since I'm in pensacola, its blacked out here....I'm getting Purdue/NC on espn and have an alt. channel that is showing the florida state game (since I'm in florida)....

Nope. The auburn game (on dish network, which is what i have) is only available to residents in New Jersey and Alabama. Since I'm in pensacola, its blacked out here....I'm getting Purdue/NC on espn and have an alt. channel that is showing the florida state game (since I'm in florida)....

Man that stinks!!! I bet Andy is getting really upset right now, they are fouling all over the place and not calling anything except on us. I think this is not going to be our night. We can't buy a shot and they get all of theirs. How sad for our seniors but they aren't playing like they are as hungry as Rutgers is. We need some major 3's or some of their players to foul out, they have 3 (I think) with 3 fouls. Just hope the men pull it out tomorrow night.

Man that stinks!!! I bet Andy is getting really upset right now, they are fouling all over the place and not calling anything except on us. I think this is not going to be our night. We can't buy a shot and they get all of theirs. How sad for our seniors but they aren't playing like they are as hungry as Rutgers is. We need some major 3's or some of their players to foul out, they have 3 (I think) with 3 fouls. Just hope the men pull it out tomorrow night.

We've got plenty of time to get back in this... IN fact, we are back in it down 11...rutgers at the ft line...

We've got plenty of time to get back in this... IN fact, we are back in it down 11...rutgers at the ft line...

Yeah, but foul trouble, Bonner has 3, and we can't buy a shot. Do we even have any 3's tonight? Ali is cold, she is usually so on it. I don't think the refs can see Rutgers grabbing all over the place, only us! It is so frustrating, we are just not playing like we usually play. Rutgers so reminds me of Vanderbilt.

Can't get the game on DirecTV in Georgia.

You aren't missing much, we are really bad tonight. I can't believe that Rutgers is not fouling us when we are shooting over and over on our end. It really sucks!! We are only shooting 28%, Bonner has 3 fouls, Ali Smalley can't buy a basket and we are not playing like a 30 -3 team. Don't know how much home court advantage has for Rutgers, it can't hurt and that isn't fair either but that isn't causing us to miss the shots. I am so close to turning the game off, I feel so bad for the girls!!! I am still proud of them but man, something has to give.

The TV announcers are so Rutgers, but I guess they need to be since we aren't doing so well. They do keep saying it is a pure road game and that should be remembered when the NCAA places top seeded teams next year. (the announcers are saying that I am)

Are we really fouling or are the refs just not seeing what I see on TV. Man, let us play.

I just don't understand how we can play so bad. This is so sad for the girls. Home cooking and home crowd sucked for Auburn tonight. You can't tell me that Rutgers is not fouling us under our basket. We breathe and we are called for a foul. OUr whole starting lineup is going to foul out if we aren't careful. I think we forgot how to shoot a basket.

Can't get the game on DirecTV in Georgia.

You aren't missing much, we are really bad tonight. I can't believe that Rutgers is not fouling us when we are shooting over and over on our end. It really sucks!! We are only shooting 28%, Bonner has 3 fouls, Ali Smalley can't buy a basket and we are not playing like a 30 -3 team. Don't know how much home court advantage has for Rutgers, it can't hurt and that isn't fair either but that isn't causing us to miss the shots. I am so close to turning the game off, I feel so bad for the girls!!! I am still proud of them but man, something has to give.

The TV announcers are so Rutgers, but I guess they need to be since we aren't doing so well. They do keep saying it is a pure road game and that should be remembered when the NCAA places top seeded teams next year. (the announcers are saying that I am)

Are we really fouling or are the refs just not seeing what I see on TV. Man, let us play.

The tv announcers seem to always favor who we are playing, regardless of the sport. I don't understand why either. We just don't seem to get any respect or anything from anybody. Is there another #1 or #2 seed that is playing a 1st or 2nd round game on their opponents home floor? I doubt it. We are losing because we just haven't played very well, but the deck was certainly stacked against us from the beginning. That doesn't count the big east official that seems to be (according to auburn radio) calling everything all over the floor against auburn and swallowing the whistle when it comes to rutgers...

Auburn flat out got the shaft tonight. No ifs ands or buts. I lay this loss squarly on the NCAA and the officials. As I type, they call the biggest BS offensive foul on us. Are they trying to make up for the Imus comment a couple of years ago. I hope Fortner has the guts to say to the media what needs to be said about this game and a generous donor will pay the fine for her.

I hope Fortner has the guts to complain too. Andy Burcham said that Auburn has lost on a teams home court in every NCAA tournament we have been in except for last year. That to me proves Auburn gets no respect. Have we ever played and NCAA game in Auburn? I mean, goodness, putting Auburn in Piscataway (sp) crap New Jersey and they are a #2 seed, that sucks. #3 seed Ohio State got to play on their home court. I totally blame the NCAA for this loss (even if our shooting was abysmal).

I feel so sorry for our girls!! They were beat when they showed up at the beginning of the game.

Is there another #1 or #2 seed that is playing a 1st or 2nd round game on their opponents home floor? I doubt it. We are losing because we just haven't played very well, but the deck was certainly stacked against us from the beginning. That doesn't count the big east official that seems to be (according to auburn radio) calling everything all over the floor against auburn and swallowing the whistle when it comes to rutgers...

Duke is a #1 seed and they're having to play #9 seed Michigan State in East Lansing. There were a couple of other possibilities for this to occur (#1 seed Oklahoma playing the Iowa-Georgia Tech winner in Iowa City, #2 seed Texas A&M playing the Notre Dame-Minnesota winner in South Bend), but Notre Dame and Iowa lost those first round games on their home court.

Louisville is a #3 seed and they have to play LSU in Baton Rouge.

For the person who asked if Auburn had ever hosted NCAA games, Auburn hosted 1st and 2nd round games a few times in the late '80s and early '90s...in '89, we hosted the Mideast Regional. There were a few times after that where the first and second round games were played at the better seed's home court.

A crappy ending to a great season for the ladies...I'm not a fan of lower seeds having actual home court advantage, but that's the hand we were dealt and from the looks of things (I didn't get the game here in TX), we were out of it early and never recovered.

Archived