Jake Holland

WAR-MATT

6' 1" 228 LB 4.56-40 from Pelham HS. for the stargazers, he will be a high 3* when the rankings come out.

I've been told (unofficially) that we will probably try and sign 4 LB's this year and also concentrate on DB's and Offensive Linemen heavily. I wouldn't be surprised if we also go after some outstanding DL as well.

I've been told (unofficially) that we will probably try and sign 4 LB's this year and also concentrate on DB's and Offensive Linemen heavily. I wouldn't be surprised if we also go after some outstanding DL as well.

Obviously we'll be looking to get quite a few OL, but I think we're ok with DB's. We're 3 deep at every position and only 2 are sr's, plus we may get that guy from LSU and we took 3 pretty good ones in the last class. I definitely think we'll be looking to pick up some good D lineman though. You can't ever have too many of those in this league.

I think our biggest concerns go in this order: OL, LB, DL, QB, RB, WR/TE, special teams, DB

The QB, RB, WR order are probably interchangeable in terms of need.

And we're still searching for that elusive 5 star long snapper.

Not really. QB isn't much of a need and we probably wont even sign one in this class unless its a blue-chip. If you haven't noticed we really haven't been recruiting many QBs this year.

Not really. QB isn't much of a need and we probably wont even sign one in this class unless its a blue-chip. If you haven't noticed we really haven't been recruiting many QBs this year.

I thought Malzahn said he wanted to take one or two this year. I know he was saying he wants to bring in a very good QB.

Hopefully Rollison will qualify and he will be the first of those very good QB's. Of course I hope we have one that will just step up stand out above the rest. It seems like they're all just playing mediocre at this point.

I thought Malzahn said he wanted to take one or two this year. I know he was saying he wants to bring in a very good QB.

I dont remember him saying anything and have been told the number as of now is likely zero. We only lose Todd this year and are adding two from last year. Rollison is expected to qualify.

I dont remember him saying anything and have been told the number as of now is likely zero. We only lose Todd this year and are adding two from last year. Rollison is expected to qualify.

Sounds good to me. Maybe he was just talking about in the near future, in terms of getting one or two top notch QB's in.

Any idea how many OL we're looking to take? 5, 6, 7?

I thought Malzahn said he wanted to take one or two this year. I know he was saying he wants to bring in a very good QB

He was quoted in the print media (I forget which paper) as saying he wanted to recruit at least one QB every year.

I suppose the current numbers glut at QB may change that, or he might only take an outstanding prospect, but you are correct on that quote.

Archived