Huh. This should be interesting

otterinbham

Well, let me put it this way. If a mainstream politician is getting up in front of a crowd in a major American state and pitching secession, that should tell you how things have changed over the past year. Can anybody really have seen this happening in 2008?

Perry in Texas? Sure. There is an element in Texas that has always agreed with this.

There seems to be a very strong attitude towards it from Texas. A lot of people in Austin seem to agree with it from their crowd and their cheers today.

Would that be the 39% of Texans who voted to elect him?

Well, let me put it this way. If a mainstream politician is getting up in front of a crowd in a major American state and pitching secession, that should tell you how things have changed over the past year. Can anybody really have seen this happening in 2008?

Perry in Texas? Sure. There is an element in Texas that has always agreed with this.

There seems to be a very strong attitude towards it from Texas. A lot of people in Austin seem to agree with it from their crowd and their cheers today.

Would that be the 39% of Texans who voted to re-elect him?

I doubt he did better in Austin than in the red counties. Just saying.

There's more than a few people in these parts who would love nothing better than to see a new "Republic of Texas"...I'm not a particularly big fan of Perry and I don't see him taking a real stand on this (read: monetary issues such as highway funds for enforcing a drinking age of 21 and refusing NCLB funds, amongst others), but I do appreciate the general sentiment of his comments.

I don't know. I just know that there were about 9,000 or more out there cheering up his comments. I'm not from Texas, so I can't tell you anything more about Perry than what he's stated the last couple of days. I do know that there are a lot of us who want to see the government back off a bit. A good bit.

I don't know. I just know that there were about 9,000 or more out there cheering up his comments. I'm not from Texas, so I can't tell you anything more about Perry than what he's stated the last couple of days. I do know that there are a lot of us who want to see the government back off a bit. A good bit.

It's rhetoric. What specific Federal meddling in the affairs of Texas is he referring to as possibly warranting secession?

It's the stipulations within the stimulus funding and the years of over reaching by the Federal Government.

I don't want secession, but there's got to be a stand on the size of government.

Archived