What's the next new idea?...I have one.

creed

This has been discussed before, and it's not necessarily directed at recruiting, but here is goes again. Is it time we start changing our game day uniforms with mutlitple combinations similar to oregon? Something bold that would excite the kids, and create interest. I know, I know, some of you don't like the idea, but to satisfy those who don't like the it, for one game we break out the throwback unis.....guess which game.

What's your idea? Hey, maybe the coaches will read our suggestions and respond...

No offense--I respect your right to your opinion, but I'd really hate to start changing the uniforms. (Maybe I'm just too "old school"--Class of '76). Frankly I've never cared for what Oregon does and I like being able to identify with one (or two, counting travel whites) classic look that means "THE AUBURN TIGERS" to me. And I think our unis are some of the best looking in college football.

...On the other hand, it is June--just about time for the annual "orange jerseys" thread leading up to the anticipation of the 'Nip"! :big:

I pretty much hate the idea. I like our uniforms the way they are. I don't think we need gimmicky uniforms. I like teams that have a traditional look and stick with it. Even as boring as I think Alabama's uniforms are, about the only thing I'd change at this point might be to go back to having the numbers on the shoulders or sleeves the way they did in the 60s.

The best uniforms are iconic and have remained largely unchanged for decades. Think USC, Michigan, Auburn, Georgia, Texas, Oklahoma, Penn State (though the road white are a tad dull). And it's not just in college football. The uniforms constantly pointed to as the best are the ones that have been around for a good while with very few changes:

New York Yankees

Los Angeles Dodgers

Dallas Cowboys

Green Bay Packers

Pittsburgh Steelers

Boston Celtics

Detroit Red Wings

Montreal Canadiens

I'd much rather have one of those situations than the endless (and butt-ugly) trendy unis put out by the likes of Oregon or Oregon St, the endless parade of unis from the Arizona Diamondbacks, the complete lack of identity of the Atlanta Hawks and so on.

This has been discussed before, and it's not necessarily directed at recruiting, but here is goes again. Is it time we start changing our game day uniforms with mutlitple combinations similar to oregon? Something bold that would excite the kids, and create interest. I know, I know, some of you don't like the idea, but to satisfy those who don't like the it, for one game we break out the throwback unis.....guess which game.

What's your idea? Hey, maybe the coaches will read our suggestions and respond...

I'm on the fence, I guess, with this idea. To me, our home uniforms are perfect. Absolutely Perfect! but I also understand that mixing the uniforms up a little bit would get the players excited.

I would suggest changing up the away uniforms if they wanted something new. Maybe orange pants with blue & white striping. Orange cleats. Orange facemask. I don't know, I'm not a fashion designer...Not sure if I would change the color of the helmet, the white one is beautiful!

But...I would hate to see the home uniforms changed up. Please No Orange Jerseys! Please No Black Out!

SIDE NOTE: I wouldn't hate it if we went back to Russell. But I'm sure the players would prefer Under Armour.

Orange pants or cleats would be horrendous. I detest orange jerseys, but I'd take them all week and twice on Sundays before I'd have orange pants or cleats.

Besides, we already have Clemson to put out the endless cavalcade of jersey/pants/shoes combos. Wouldn't want to steal their schtick.

Orange pants or cleats would be horrendous. I detest orange jerseys, but I'd take them all week and twice on Sundays before I'd have orange pants or cleats.

Besides, we already have Clemson to put out the endless cavalcade of jersey/pants/shoes combos. Wouldn't want to steal their schtick.

I agree Titan. and I absolutely would hate us to bring out orange pants....but that wasn't really the point of my previous post.

Must be summer......

I like what we have, but wouldnt hate to continue the throwback/alt jersey for a throw away game.

Wearing The Auburn Uniform should Excite the kids. We houldn't have to change anything about the uniform to excite them. Just my .02 cents

Back to this topic, cause this could be a good thread....What's the next new idea?

I've heard some talk about something else our staff is gonna do this summer to spice up recruiting. What could it be? I'm thinking it will be at our summer camp. I have no clue on that, just seems like the only other time we'll have "The Class" together on the plains, at least before football season/official visits start.

What are some special things our coaches could do with the camp that aren't illegal? Could "The Class" be allowed to scrimmage? Having them play as a team could do wonders. They are already building friendships, but for them to huddle up together and start running plays, at a summer camp...geez I'm getting excited again!

Trooper held a 7 on 7 camp when he was WR coach at Tennessee. It always seemed like players really enjoyed it. I would expect we could see something like that at :au: .

Didn't realize it was already time for the off-season uniform thread. Well alright, carry on.

Didn't realize it was already time for the off-season uniform thread. Well alright, carry on.

Oh, but apparently it is ;)

I think having the players come out and form a large circle on the field with the eagle trainer and have War Eagle land in the middle of the players would be huge in exciting the players. I'm old school as well, from the class of 69 and love our current uniforms. Another idea would be to introduce each starting player before the rest of the team comes out like in basketball. I also feel that Auburn needs to increase their exposure in the state media through billboards, a regular television show (Bammer has Crimson Comments and others) :cheer:

SIDE NOTE: I wouldn't hate it if we went back to Russell. But I'm sure the players would prefer Under Armour.

Why go back to Russel? Their jersey technology and other equipment is far behind Under Armour at this point and will only continue to seperate further.

Why go back to Russel? Their jersey technology and other equipment is far behind Under Armour at this point and will only continue to seperate further.

I personally do not like the Under Armor uniforms. I hate the logo and I hate how large the logo is on some apparel. I would much prefer Nike or Adidas. Adidas has some of the best apparel out there. We would never go back to Russell. The only reason we went with Russell in the first place was because they were in-state. Since they have moved to Georgia we would never go back to them. I personally wouldn't mind a uniform change as long as it is classy. I could hardly watch a game is we had the metal grate graphics on the shoulder pads like Oregon's. I do agree that our road uni's are a bit dull. I would'nt mind having uniforms like miami or virginia tech made by nike. I think those are sharp uni's.

I'm not a proponent of uniform change but it wouldn't shock me if something gimmicky happened sooner or later. If they must change something for a game or two, let's just hope it is something small.

I don't think we'll ever see orange uniforms although I will say it would not shock me that much.

As far as the company that makes the uniforms, I don't think we'll see a change from Under Armor for quite some time. They're an extremely popular company. Their products are expensive which generates more revenue for the university. Also, their stuff is pretty high quality--not that Nike isn't, but if it isn't broke...

We have to take into consideration everything Under Armor provides--shoes, t-shirts, workout shorts, hot/cold gear, etc. Some people can't tell a huge difference between brands in stuff like this but a difference does exist.

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

no uniform change

I think having the players come out and form a large circle on the field with the eagle trainer and have War Eagle land in the middle of the players would be huge in exciting the players. I'm old school as well, from the class of 69 and love our current uniforms. Another idea would be to introduce each starting player before the rest of the team comes out like in basketball. I also feel that Auburn needs to increase their exposure in the state media through billboards, a regular television show (Bammer has Crimson Comments and others) :cheer:

freaking ausome idea! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

maybe not a circle but two lines of players on either side and the Eagle comes down the middle and lands while the players lead the crowd in war eagle.

I also feel that Auburn needs to increase their exposure in the state media through billboards, a regular television show (Bammer has Crimson Comments and others) :cheer:

Bammer has Finebaum. :rolleyes::lol:

Someone on here photoshop some new unis one was blue helmet, blue jersey and white pants or maybe it was blue pants. The helmet look PHAT with the white and orange standing out on it. But even though I wear an orange jersey almost every game I wouldn't want to see the guys in them

Leave the multiple uniform changes to Miss. State and South Carolina. Why fix something if it ain't broke? I love Auburn's road whites cause it always stands out against the opposing team.

The thing I liked about the Russell uniform was they fit our players to a T, almost as if every player was sent to a tailor to be fitted. It seems all the other brands crumple around the shoulders, not the Russell jersey, it always appeared tight, uncrumpled and perfect on every player. But as stated no chance in going back to Russell.

I'm on the fence, I guess, with this idea. To me, our home uniforms are perfect. Absolutely Perfect! but I also understand that mixing the uniforms up a little bit would get the players excited.

I would suggest changing up the away uniforms if they wanted something new. Maybe orange pants with blue & white striping. Orange cleats. Orange facemask. I don't know, I'm not a fashion designer...Not sure if I would change the color of the helmet, the white one is beautiful!

But...I would hate to see the home uniforms changed up. Please No Orange Jerseys! Please No Black Out!

you have lost it....our road whites are the best looking unis in the country. I love the homes but the all white is perfect....the only thing i say is go gray face mask with the all white and remove the decal like we did to honor the 57 team against vandy two years back.

Archived