Video of Inside the Auburn Arena

AURainman

how many will it seat it looks really small

It supposed to hold around 9600, I think.

Well, as I understand it, the plan was to keep it small, FULL, loud, and INTIMIDATING!

I'd rather have 9600 filled seats than 14,000-16,000 half empty.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't wait til we open her up!

• 2 months later...

"Athletic Facilities Czar"? Please.

Will the new facility still be Beard-Eaves of is it getting a new name of a new donor/alumnus/etc?

I hope it has something distinctive, like a parkay floor or something that makes it stand out in a positive way from the 6 dozen other state of the art college facilities across the country. Looks great so far though.

Right now it is officially named "Auburn Arena". If the University finds a donor willing to cough up enough money, they will look at naming rights.

I personally have no problem with the name "Auburn Arena". If an Auburn alum wants to donate a whole lot of money, that is fine also. I would not want us to give it a corporate name, I think that is too much of a sell-out.

http://www2.oanow.com/oan/sports/college/article/auburn_ad_jacobs_football_coaches_contracts_finalized_hoops_arena_has_name/90340/

Looks like a Real Nice Place to introduce AUBURN HOCKEY .....I know keep dreaming..... LOL :) Round Ball is just not the same with out Sonny and Whimp on the side lines.

Looks like a Real Nice Place to introduce AUBURN HOCKEY .....I know keep dreaming..... LOL :) Round Ball is just not the same with out Sonny and Whimp on the side lines.

There are currently some people trying to get a club team together. I think it is too late for a rink to go in this building though, unless they have some pipes running under the concrete that would be able to keep the ice cool enough.

So they said a scoreboard was going up in October, I wonder if it is up yet.

Archived