What's your favorite Beard-Eaves-Memorial Coliseum moment

Auburn85

Whether you were: there in person, watching on tv, listening to the radio, watching on the web, what is your favorite moment(s).

There are many memorable moments but the one that stands out that I was actually present was the whipping they put on Alabama in 1998. Auburn won the game 94-40 and it was the worst loss in the history of Alabama Basketball.

Does my graduation count?

I think it should.

Sure, feel free to mention your graduation. They also had concerts at BEMC too.

Of course if you have a memory of Auburn basketball, you can list it here too.

There are many memorable moments but the one that stands out that I was actually present was the whipping they put on Alabama in 1998. Auburn won the game 94-40 and it was the worst loss in the history of Alabama Basketball.

That's a good one. David Hobbs last year I think.

I have lots of good memories in Beard Eaves Memorial Coliseum: I was there for the first season of the Cliff Dwellers student section, and I watched lots of the Chris Porter/Momadou N'djai (sp?) era games on TV. I also took a SCUBA class and we did the coursework in BEMC. But like Justin5 said, my favorite memory was of walking across the stage and graduating.

Honorable mention goes to the first time I saw the eagle statue out front. It was a foggy evening and my Dad and I were driving by Auburn and he said he had something he wanted me to see. We rolled up in front of the statue and the eagle loomed in the air. It was breathtaking.

Yeah, it is not an objectively the best coliseum around, but it has a place in my heart and I will miss it.

That one's near the top for me, I was there with my wife and our Swiss exchange student who we turned into a huge Auburn fan, that game certainly helped. But the biggest one is as a student watching Barkley drive the length of the court and dunking, in a big blowout of 'Bama. Attending a Heart concert while still a high school student, I remember clearly. And more recently, last May attending the graduation of a close friend and listening to Bo give the commencement address, that was my last time there. My dad was the plant manager for the concrete company that made the pre-stressed outside walls, so the place has always been special to me.

Getting my diploma was #1.

Beating #1 Ky in 1999 I believe, Dick Vitale was there in person that night doing the broadcast. Rolled Toomers, you'd thought it was a Football Game.

Bama by 50 points was ausome.

ESPN College Gameday in front BEMC.

Willie Nelson concert.

1) Graduation was sweet

2) Home game versus Florida in 2005, Lebo's first year. We were down by 3 with 3 seconds left and Toney Douglas hit a bomb from right inside the half court line to send it into OT. We eventually lost, but the few hardcore fans that were left behind (myself included) went ape s*** when that shot went in. My friends and I had just been yelling at all the fair-weathered fans that had left early!

So many good memories, basketball and others from BEMC.

I enjoyed all my time as a Cliff Dweler!

Along with all the great UPC events I worked in that arena.

Archived