Auburn awarded an NCAA Regional

WHOO HOOO.....Outstanding... SEC got FOUR bids.

The 16 regional sites, with host institutions and records are as follows:

Arizona State (47-8), Tempe, Ariz.;

Arkansas (40-18), Fayetteville, Ark.;

Auburn (40-19), Auburn, Ala.;

Cal State Fullerton (40-15 through Saturday, May 29), Fullerton, Calif.;

Coastal Carolina (51-7), Conway, S.C.;

Connecticut (47-14), Storrs, Conn.;

Florida (42-15), Gainesville, Fla.;

Georgia Tech (45-13), Atlanta;

Louisville (48-12), Louisville, Ky.;

Miami (Florida) (40-17), Coral Gables, Fla.;

Oklahoma (44-15), Norman, Okla.;

South Carolina (43-15), Columbia, S.C.;

Texas (46-11), Austin, Texas;

TCU (46-11), Fort Worth, Texas;

UCLA (42-13), Los Angeles;

Virginia (47-11), Charlottesville, Va.

Pop quiz: The team with the highest RPI not to be selected...? ;)

spuat??

winner winner

Saban is already appealing to the NCAA how it isn't fair and how someone else should be forced to give theirs up.

I wish no one would even mention Alabama University. It just ruins the thread that's about Auburn.

I'm glad Auburn gets to host a regional. They've earned it, especially since they won the West. Hopefully the bats will wake back up for the tournament.

Pop quiz: The team with the highest RPI not to be selected...? ;)

spuat??

winner winner

Saban is already appealing to the NCAA how it isn't fair and how someone else should be forced to give theirs up.

Probably complaining that we're going to have more days off before the tourney starts since we got eliminated in the 2nd round of the SEC.

OK, those of you in the area, buy your tickets and fill the darned place up! If I weren't 700+ miles away, I'd be there myself. College baseball regionals are a hell of a lot of fun to attend.

The official selection show is tomorrow on ESPN at 11:30 CT.

ESPN already has projections on which teams will play in which regional. It seems like the projections might be fairly accurate but we'll have to just wait and see.

Auburn Regional

Auburn

Virginia Tech

Southern Miss

Jacksonville State

http://espn.go.com/ncaa/blog/_/name/ncaa_baseball/id/5234666/who-fill-field-64

Va Tech is dangerous out of this group, but I like what I see if this ends up spot on.

If you think you are going to be able to show up on game-day and purchase single game tickets, you might want to think twice...

Per Asst. AD Scott Carr, Auburn has less than 400 chairback all-session tickets and less than 500 terrace all-session tickets left to sell.

http://twitter.com/AUBlog

Tickets can be purchased online at autigertickets.com. All-session reserved seats are $75, all-session terrace tickets are $50 and students can purchase all-session tickets for $25.

Current Auburn season ticket holders can purchase their same seats, based on availability. Auburn isn’t able to guarantee the exact seat location because it is an NCAA event.

All-Session tickets are also available by phone at 1-800-282-1957 or in person at the Coliseum Ticket Office.

If you’re feeling risky, you can wait until the day of the game to purchase single-game tickets. These can be purchased at the Coliseum ticket office Friday from 8 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. and then at Plainsman Park beginning at 12 p.m. Friday single-game tickets, if available, are $15 for reserved seats, $10 for Terrace Area tickets and $5 for college students with ID.

Fans who purchase tickets in advance are strongly encouraged to take advantage of the Coliseum ticket office’s extended hours Thursday (open until 6 p.m.) to pick up their tickets to avoid lines at the Will Call location Friday.

http://www2.oanow.com/oan/oasports/C723

here's a breakdown of auburn's home runs this season:

*Here is a breakdown by inning when the Tigers have hit a home run this season on their way to setting a school record with 117:

1st Inning 12

2nd Inning 14

3rd Inning 16

4th Inning 16

5th Inning 15

6th Inning 13

7th Inning 13

8th Inning 15

9th Inning 2

Extra Innings 1

*More on the home runs:

Solo 60