Coming down 280

aubie316

Need some help.

Will be coming down this weekend for the first time this year. I am coming from Huntsville.

Somebody had told me that there is contruction along 280 going into Auburn. What would be my

best route coming from Huntsville? Didn't know if I should go through Montgomery or if the contruction

wasn't bad enough to slow me down that much.

Thanks for the help.

280 is clear. The only construction is on N. Donahue (188 route) where the bridge is out. 147/College is clear but may be a bit more congested due to one artery to 280 being blocked.

What time and day are you coming to Auburn? I'm also from Huntsville, the best way for me is going down 431 and then picking up 77 to 275 and then picking up 280 in Sylacauga. This way you avoid the 280 nightmare in Birmingham(especially on Fridays from 2-7) and it takes me about 3 hours 15 mins this way. If you come into Auburn on College Street you will be fine, after the game is a nightmare though. With this being an afternoon game though I would suggest grabbing some dinner downtown after the game and letting traffic clear out and then head home the same way you came(if you are driving all the way back on Saturday)

Hope this helps.

I will be driving down Saturday morning. We have a little one that we have to drop off at the in-laws and

heading down about 7.. Thanks for the help!

My wife and I leave from Huntsville and take I65 and 280 every home game. It takes us around 3hrs and 40min to get to Auburn and thats with a stop at the War Eagle Chevron to get gas, one of those great BBQ sandwiches and to use the bathroom. Its the only way I will go. I have friends that go through Montgomery and can't believe we get there that fast. WDE!

My wife and I leave from Huntsville and take I65 and 280 every home game. It takes us around 3hrs and 40min to get to Auburn and thats with a stop at the War Eagle Chevron to get gas, one of those great BBQ sandwiches and to use the bathroom. Its the only way I will go. I have friends that go through Montgomery and can't believe we get there that fast. WDE!

Welcome Bz. Post often!

There is no construction on 280. I go from Dadeville to Auburn about twice a week. There is a bridge out on on N. Donahue as mentioned above but 280 and 147 (College street) are clear.

I drove from Auburn to B'ham and back to Auburn this weekend. There are a few "construction zones" but I don't think the speed limit dropped..if it did..it didn't drop very much. No lanes were closed. I had no problems. Made it in a little under 2 hours! :) I kinda have a heavy foot! hehe!

Archived